Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:49:27 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: Rear Sway Bar.  (Read 32700 times)
pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2010, 08:26:24 PM »

so i went to install my RSB today and i stripped the hex wrench part of the bolt. Do i need to just get a new bolt and cut the old one off, or do i have to get all new links.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 08:35:25 PM by pbplayer257 » Logged
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2010, 08:43:31 PM »

You will have to get a new link. You can try to save it using a vise grip and tightening down the nut.
pbplayer257

pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2010, 08:45:33 PM »

yeah theres no use i tried cutting a little rivet type thing to get a screw driver in there but ended up stripping the entire bolt down. So how would i get the old link off?
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2010, 09:17:17 PM »

Cut it off. Its the only way.
pbplayer257

pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2010, 09:26:09 PM »

was afraid u were gonna say that
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2010, 02:19:40 AM »

I drilled mine out and just replaced both with a duralast replacement. It has a far better design. I replaced my non stripped one just to be safe.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2010, 10:35:35 AM »

Try some PB blaster first thats how i got mines out

pbplayer257

pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2010, 02:10:17 PM »

Yeah I called a couple honda dealerships today and they all wanted 115 dollars for a set of two links so, I was like f that.ill just tRy pb blaster. If that doesn't work ill cut the nut off. Does home depot sell pb blaster? Where can I get a can?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2010, 03:42:10 PM »

Home depot sells it and so do most auto parts stores. As for the links, get the Moog ones at Napa.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2010, 03:52:31 PM »

Holy thread revival batman.

I have a question in regards to the front sway bar... I figured that it would be best to go in here since the front and rear sway bars are the same concept. Anyways, I've noticed that my FSB (TL-S 27.2mm hollow) feels like it has "loosened" up some, like it's not as rigid as it used to be. Does that sound normal just from being under constant use?

Also, I've read that some people have had problems with the front TL-S bars having too large of holes at the end that go to the endlink, eventually causing some play and even breaking the endlinks off. Has anyone heard of this issue? They said that they swapped out to the TL-S endlinks, which seemed to have fixed the issue. I just want to make sure I won't run into this problem down the road. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 03:57:01 PM by Jeff » Logged

CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2010, 11:21:56 PM »

Loosened up as in you feel it in the steering or touching it?

Steering I think I've just gotten used to it, so I'm looking to lower it so I can get some better handling.

I haven't heard of the end link issue, but I'm going to put my car on ramps tomorrow and check it out.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
pbplayer257

pbplayer257 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2010, 05:38:10 PM »

How do i stop my link from squeaking? every bump it frriggen squeaks, it makes me crazy. I tried putting oil on it, and tightening it. After i tighten it it stop for like a day, then the squeaking starts again. Everythings installed properly, is there something im missing? or didnt try?
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2010, 06:59:45 PM »

Did you make sure that it's not your exhaust hanger rubbing on the sway bar? For me, that was causing the noise, so I just bent down the hanger some.

Fanitron

Reputation Power: 3
Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2012, 10:29:19 PM »

Thread revival time..lol Ok so it's not the swaybar but it's pretty much related... I'm trying to install Moog endlinks in my car since my stock links are loose and making squeaking noises. Anyway, I've been struggling for 2 days now trying to get the damn nuts off and they won't budge (They're most likely the originals and it's a 6 yr old car and I live in Canada so lots of snow). I've soaked them in PB Blaster for 2 days and I don't feel any different when trying to loosen them. SO the question is I see you guys saying to drill them off.. I'm not sure how to do this. Could someone pls enlighten me? question
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2012, 02:11:53 PM »

Don't bother trying to drill them off. Get yourself a sawzall and cut the old bolt heads off just behind the mounting points. Only way you'll get them off. One other option is to put a pair of vise grips on the flat part of the bolt where it sticks out of the endlink and try turning the nut off that way. The allen head on those damn things always strip out.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012