Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:00:38 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K24 AT --> 5MT or 6MT Swap  (Read 30947 times)
Heckler

Reputation Power: 0
Heckler pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2009, 06:31:06 AM »

I'm at the point where I either am going to trade my Accord in on something with a manual, or start putting money aside for a swap.  Does anyone know what all is involved and how hard is it?  Is it something I could complete?

I've done a few on some front clip Celica's and a couple civics, but they weren't nice cars to begin with.

Is the pedal swap involved, what about the shifter?  How much would i be looking to pay someone (who knows that the fuck their doing, because if they didn't i would do it) to do something like this?

Thanks guys.

Fujita intake, DC header, TSX IM, P2R Gasket, Hondata Gasket, Homebrewed catchcan, Ralco pulleys, Apex'i WS2 catback, Ingalls TD.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 06:34:03 AM »

I think msedeca has done it, so you might want to PM him if he doesn't chime in at some point. As for anything else, I dont have a clue.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 07:26:53 AM »

Bill, you're right. Mike has done it. He's been a bit inactive lately but Skip has had his hand in some of those as well. Skip would be the guy to talk to.

Here's the thread where the swap was mentioned to Lex (K24Low20z). There's some links in it with regards to what you're talking to Cole.

http://elitecm.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1275&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=0

HTH.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 07:49:16 AM »

I'm glad you posted this. I've been thinking about doing this swap later down the road.
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 11:57:58 PM »

Skippy would be the guy to talk to about 6MT and what not. There is a 5MT swap package on sale on gen7

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 12:52:14 AM »

Quote from: "slipkord"
I'm glad you posted this. I've been thinking about doing this swap later down the road.

+1

k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 01:57:14 AM »

ok guys.. my tranny took a shit on me last night and i would love to the the at to mt swap but not sure where to start.. any type of help would be really helpfull..

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 05:16:08 AM »

You'd need the pedal assembly, tranny, ECU (I think), clutch lines, clutch assembly, flywheel (might as well get the RSX-S one as its lighter than the Accord one), and I'm not sure if there's anything else.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 08:41:34 AM »

Here is a list of what I know you would definitely need.

transmission
flywheel
clutch
mt brake pedal
clutch pedal
clutch master cylinder
clutch slave cylinder
clutch lines (I recommend an aftermarket line from K-Tuned)
front and rear transmission mounts

I'm pretty sure you don't need a MT ECU, but it may be a good idea to get that and a MT gauge cluster.  That's what I would get if I were doing the swap.  Your best bet is to try and get a hold of Mike (msedacca) since he has done the swap.  There's another guy Wai Pang or something that did a MT to AT swap.

Also, if you want, I have an Accord 5MT for sale that's sitting at Skippy's place in Orlando.  His MT is also for sale too.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
wai_pang2

Reputation Power: 1
wai_pang2 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 05:25:07 PM »

Yeah, we've been texting back and forth all day.

K24Low20z: you do not need the wiring harness, ecu or gauge cluster.
you will need axles for the one side (not sure which until I see what I have)
You will be receiving the accord LW FW (not RSX)
various transmission mount and assembly bolts (I reused most of my bolts from my swap)
Clutch and brake pedal
Master and slave cylinder
various clutch lines
wai_pang2

wai_pang2 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 05:25:48 PM »

I'd like to know how you killed your transmission.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 07:29:42 PM »

Probably normal driving... Honda Tranny's aren't exactly bullet proof..
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 11:55:15 PM »

Pang, I suggested the RSX-S FW as its lighter than the boat anchor of a flywheel the Accord is equipped with. As for the guage cluster, why run an AT cluster when its a manual?

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 12:33:03 AM »

Z, wouldn't you have to get the correct mileage programmed into the new cluster? Also, what's the difference between the two clusters, besides the gear lights?

wai_pang2

wai_pang2 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 07:40:13 AM »

@Mike: I have heard of AT tranny's on the V6 blowing but not on the K24. this is why I am asking. upon further communication with Alex (K24low20z); he said he has a lot of bolt on and mentioned that a solenoid inside the tranny went; I am assuming that he is referring to a valve body blew or malfunctioned.

@Crackerteg: I understand that you are only suggesting but the fw that I am including in his transaction is a F1 LW FW and new exedy oem clutch. The FW is approximately 13 lbs (i'm not positive about the weight, it's been a while since I bought this).

Are you comparing stock to stock weight?

Yes, the accord FW is heavy, this is why I bought the F1 LW FW for my original plans of just doing the clutch job instead of what I ended up doing.

I know some or most of you guys would only suggest brand name products or oem but I have used this brand of fw in other applications and it works flawlessly, this is why I bought this FW in the first place.

@Jeff: I am not sure about the programability of the gauge cluster. My shift indicator on the shift console works well enough so I will not bother with swapping gauge cluster.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012