Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:43:39 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K24 AT --> 5MT or 6MT Swap  (Read 30804 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 09:03:18 AM »

I don't think the gauge cluster is programmable.  Another thing to consider is whether or not it's really necessary.  If you do an AT to MT swap, you'll have a constant blinking light because the cluster will not sense the AT.  As far as the flywheel discussion, I'm sure that Z recommended the RSX Type S flywheel because it is 14 lbs, compared to the 22.5 lbs of the stock Accord flywheel, there are a lot more aftermarket options for the RSX Type S, and because of OEM reliability and cost.  In my experience, aftermarket lightweight flywheels are more expensive than OEM.  A 13 lb flywheel should be alright for his sedan.  If you go too light, you may have better throttle response, but you'll have to rev higher to get moving since Alex has a heavier sedan.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 09:11:37 AM »

I've seen several problems with the transmission in 4 cylinders as well. CrazyCreashuns is the most recent from this site.

@K24low20Z- If this is indeed just a solenoid issue, and didnt take anything else with it you should look into having the solenoid changed. I had a couple of solenoids go on my other halfs car, and I found a local shop and they changed them for $200.
wai_pang2

Reputation Power: 1
wai_pang2 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 04:49:11 PM »

lol Cheesy
@Mike: I'm not the one having the issues. Alex is. he said he got three codes, one was for an internal solenoid (I think it is the valve body) and another one for the shift solenoid and one other one which I have no idea of.

@ Timot_one: which light will be blinking? the "D" light?
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 05:10:05 PM »

I know who is having the issues my comment was pointed at him...  According to the codes I'd be looking into

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=2004&catcgry3=4DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=AT+SOLENOID+VALVE+SET+%28L4%29

I think those are the internal solenoids not 100% but, when I had my done I remember talking to the guy in the shop about what the issues were, and he mentioned internal solenoids going and causing damage to the clutch packs.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 08:35:57 PM »

I believe it is the D light that blinks.  I've only sat in Mike's car when I was down in Charleston last year.  I really don't remember which light it was.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 01:27:28 AM »

ok thanks guys for all the help and now i know what route i want to go with.. i found someone local that is selling me everything i need from the car to make the swap happen including a motor with 83000 miles from a 06 sedan plus all the misc parts i will need to complete the swap.. the car is in the shop now and the old motor is being pulled from the car along with the blown tranny..

Another question will be how do i wire up the reverse lights to work?

k24low20z

k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 11:00:42 PM »

ok so today i pulled all my parts for the swap that is going to happen on monday.. i cant believe it is actually happening... lol i cant wait till monday to be here.. i found a RSX S flywheel on craigslist that i will picking up tomorrow..

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 11:19:30 PM »

Badass man.  I'll have to check this out when I'm down in FL in a few weeks.  Hopefully I have time to hang out while I'm down there.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 11:22:42 PM »

Its about fucking time you did a manual swap Lex. Autotragics are absolutely no fun.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
k24low20z

k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 11:55:35 PM »

@tim: your beast is bad ass, mine is just getting there Wink...i found also a TSX motor but the guy wanted too much mula for it.. ill just wait till my motor really blows, for now ill just put the other long block for sale and get atleast $300-450 for it so ill be good not sure if i want to swap my motor for just another accord motor so decided to just ride it out till it goes or atleast another year.. also the motor that i got with the tranny today was left with the head exposed to the elements wich did not look too healthy for the motor.... Main reason i decided to hold off on the motor swap and just go with my original plan and just make the swap over to MT..

@Z: Well thanks to you guys i pulled my pants up and grabbed my two nuts and decited to take the plunge... Flippa! you should be welcoming me all over againg to the MT boys club.. i cant wait till is all done.

ill be looking into rsx-S clutch tomorrow, and picking up the OEM RSX flywheel for a HID kit..lol is that a good deal

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2011, 06:58:30 AM »

Glad we convinced you to finally sack up man.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2011, 09:12:27 AM »

He finally grew a pair.

Tim
wai_pang2

Reputation Power: 1
wai_pang2 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2011, 01:17:19 PM »

Nice. Glad you are able to do this finally.
Sounds like you are pulling the motor out as apposed to dropping the sub-frame.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2011, 11:16:41 PM »

You know Lex, you could always build up that motor you picked up as opposed to going the easy route and just swapping in a k24a2 like some people did. :cough: Tim :cough

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2011, 11:42:41 PM »

Are you srsly?  I have more than just a K24A2 swap.  I guess you didn't know that I have another block and type s head sitting in my garage.

Tim
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012