Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:56:57 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K24 AT --> 5MT or 6MT Swap  (Read 30902 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2011, 05:15:59 AM »

Just wanted to get you going man.  Cheesy

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2011, 10:32:30 AM »

Dick!  Finger

Back on topic now.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2011, 04:11:37 PM »

Ok guys the swap is officially done and driving like never before...the clutch pedal feels really hard tho, not sure if the act stage two clutch needs to brake in.. I feel like my leg is being worked out Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:14:02 PM by k24low20z » Logged

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2011, 09:46:38 PM »

ACT doesn't make clutches in "stages".  Which ACT pressure plate to you have.  They have the sport, heavy duty, and xtreme.  That's what really would be making your pedal so stiff.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
k24low20z

k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 11:11:08 PM »

ACT doesn't make clutches in "stages".  Which ACT pressure plate to you have.  They have the sport, heavy duty, and xtreme.  That's what really would be making your pedal so stiff.

yeah tim, im running a Heavy Duty pressure plate.. i also forgot to adjust the pedal travel so i woulnt have to push the clutch all the way dow to get it in gear.. i also have to change out a  bad axel on the pass side other than that it is running hard....

a lil road tale from today... a c240 v6 03-05 try showing off and guned it..i was like lets see what this 5 speed is all about... down shifted to secound and floored it on his ass till he gave way still trying to push it hard.. i put it on third and starded pulling on him hard.. the guys face was priceless when i told him it was just a lil 4 cyl Smiley
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 11:12:54 PM by k24low20z » Logged

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2011, 11:15:49 PM »

Imagine what would have happened if it were my car.

Tim
k24low20z

k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 12:03:49 AM »

you would of blown his doors off with your beast Tim...i so need a tsx 6peed tranny to lower rps on the freeway to cruise at lower rps for better gas milage.. with the five speed trany on fith on the freeway my rps are over 3+  and it feel like im wasting more gass

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 12:33:45 AM »

The final drive ratio with the TSX is the same as the Accord.  The main difference is that the TSX tranny has shorter gears, which gives you better performance because you're in the power band more.  How fast are you going at 3k?

Tim
k24low20z

k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 12:38:35 AM »

i see, thanks tim.. thats going about 70-75 mph's

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 08:46:42 AM »

That seems about right.  The Accord 5MT is the economy transmission, so you'll get better gas mileage with that.  It's all about how you drive though.

Tim
k24low20z

k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2011, 01:20:22 AM »

i cant be happier with my car than ever....it feels so good having the extra power the AT was holding back, i been driving it for alsmost two weeks and no signs of any kind of trouble.. i do have a really big issue  Cry i dont have reverse lights.. Tongue

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2011, 01:56:11 AM »

That's kind of odd that you don't have reverse lights.  I'd have to look at a wiring diagram to see why they're not working.  I don't have my service manual with me though.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2011, 04:52:59 PM »

Reverse lights are overrated. Nobody pays attention to that shit. Maybe I'm saying that since I've been in an area where drivers REALLY don't give a fuck for the last year.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2011, 05:40:06 PM »

I wish I had a wiring diagram with me.  I'd try and fix it for ya while I was in town.

Tim
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2011, 07:04:20 PM »

Hmm.. this is definetely something I want to do in the near future to my autographic.

How much would it cost if I get a TSX 6MT with an RSX FL? And all the other stuff, clutch lines, clutch,etc.

I know it depends on the shop, if I get k-tuned clutch lines, etc, but give me a rough ballpark figure guys  Grin
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012