Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:46:47 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **Good Tire Thread**  (Read 58953 times)
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2011, 03:25:34 PM »

Like I said.  I've got zero room for keep an extra set of tires around, so I can't have dedicated winter and summer tires.  Wish I did though.  I would love to be able to do that "WINTER MODE ACTIVATED" thing that Tim does. hahaha.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2011, 03:50:13 PM »

haha trust me, its not that cool...

I HATE activating winter mode. My  car is so ugly during winter mode  Cry

Steve - NECM #4

wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2011, 05:28:09 PM »

Quote from: MyNameIsThien
I suggest the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza. Tires aren't cheap in that size. In my area, those tires are close to $200 a tire, but they are a great all season tire. They also give awesome ride comfort. I just put a set on my new CR-V, and I have driven on other cars with them. My customer loves how they ride. Its really smooth, and it has almost zero road noise.

Just an update Thien. He did end up going with the Alenza, thanks for the suggestion btw. He ended up ordering them at the Lexus dealership. It was a little bit more but he felt the peace of mind was worth the extra $90. Ill report back when they are on the car. Thanks again.

I guess I could update this. These tires are awesome. I drove them in some winter weather while in TN for the holidays and they did very well. They are also much quieter than the goodyears that used to be on the car. It came time to replace the tires on our other RX, the same 235/55/18 tire. I was going to be taking this one down to the coast so I wanted to get some new tires on it before I left. I went to get the same Bridgestones on it and they were out of stock. I ended up getting the Toyo H/T's. Honestly, I think they are quieter. I read some reviews and they don't do as well in winter weather, but that's about it as far as performance goes. They were a good bit more expensive though, which was a bit of a downfall.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2011, 05:28:54 PM »

My winter wheels are sexy as hell, so I don't mind switching it up.  The only part that's not fun is raising my car up.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2011, 06:52:02 PM »

i'm using Toyo T1R 235/35/19. quieter compared to the falken ST115 which i used to have.

good thing no such thing as winter here!

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2011, 07:53:37 PM »

Is $127 Mounted and Balanced a good price for those Falken's?  215/50-R17 is my OE size.  I think it's a pretty good deal, just want to double check.  I only have one set of rims and don't have the space to keep an extra set of tires lying around, so I'm going to be using these year round. 

Doesnt sound to bad.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2011, 09:15:55 PM »

Thanks Mike.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 17, 2011, 04:34:17 PM »

Just spotted this over on DA.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61309

An Azeni UHP offering? Sounds pretty damn promising especially with the kind of treadwear warranty they offer and all the other specs of the tire. This guy is intrigued.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 17, 2011, 07:35:07 PM »

Another Azenis. Great...............................................................

If its like other Azenis, they won't last as long as they say, and they'll be noisey and greasy like all Falkens. I'll pass on any and all Falkens.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2011, 03:09:21 PM »

Tell us how you really feel.  Grin

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2011, 05:57:35 PM »

How I really feel about the Azenis? One, they don't wear as long as they say or even close to that. (All Falkens) They are greasey and noisey. Yes, they are cheap, and are called the best bang for the buck among the auto cross guys. After a few runs, they start to slip around and not track at all. Also, they tend to follow all the little cracks and lines of an unperfect road causing for troublesome steering.

Some Falkens are made in Japan, but some are made in other asian countries like Malaysia and Indonesia. When that happens, the rubber compound tend to be different, and that leads to a lot of times tire pulls and so forth.

My opinion is my opinion, but I don't like any Falkens made to this day. All my buddies who work at Discount Tires even tell me that the Falkens are junk tires. Some people love them to death, and they will swear on their grandmother's grave they are the best tire in the world. Others will tell you outright they are a giant load of shit and a waste of rubber.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2011, 07:03:57 PM »

I wasn't serious but its still funny.

- Sent from my LG Phoenix using Tapatalk.

AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2011, 07:27:51 PM »

i want to get new tires for my car and was looking for high performance all season tires. tirerack has pretty good chart and grading for tires and continental extremecontact dws have highest review out of all those tires and they are about $500 for all 4

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2011, 07:55:46 PM »

I had Conti ExtremeContacts (prev version, not DWS) on my 5th Gen and absolutely loved em.  Real nice grippy tire, but they only lasted for around 30k, which isnt bad but I think they were supposed to last 80k.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2011, 08:17:16 PM »

The DWS are really nice. By far, one of the best all season performance tire on the market.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012