Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:13:03 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **Good Tire Thread**  (Read 59050 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2009, 07:24:08 PM »

Quote from: "MyNameIsThien"
I suggest the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza. Tires aren't cheap in that size. In my area, those tires are close to $200 a tire, but they are a great all season tire. They also give awesome ride comfort. I just put a set on my new CR-V, and I have driven on other cars with them. My customer loves how they ride. Its really smooth, and it has almost zero road noise.

Just an update Thien. He did end up going with the Alenza, thanks for the suggestion btw. He ended up ordering them at the Lexus dealership. It was a little bit more but he felt the peace of mind was worth the extra $90. Ill report back when they are on the car. Thanks again.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2009, 07:27:08 PM »

Awesome, Please keep me updated.
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2009, 01:49:38 PM »

Picked up the 225/45/18 Falken Ziex ZE912 yesterday on the EKM3 18x7.5. There is no real bulge around the wheel where the tire sits so its perfect the way I wanted! 235/40 probably would have easily worked too with a small bulge

Does anyone know which way you are supposed to mount the wheel+tire to the car?

The tires have OUTSIDE and INSIDE, but I don't think they have a rotation direction

A S I M O
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2009, 06:57:17 PM »

If the tires are directional there would be a little arrow of sorts on one side that says "rotation".  If its marked inside and outside, the side marked outside faces out.
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2009, 07:04:08 PM »

yea i am only asking because i didnt find direction on it, so i assume all i need to worry about is outside + inside

tires came mounted to the wheel like that

A S I M O
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2009, 09:40:55 PM »

I just did a google search...the ze-912's are non-directional.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2011, 12:32:27 PM »

I'm having a set of these installed over the weekend. Falken Ziex ZE912 for $127 each.  Hows your review of them?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2011, 01:35:50 PM »

I have no issues with mine but, I only use them in the summer.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2011, 01:43:51 PM »

Falken are good tires. I've always had good luck with Potenza's though.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2011, 01:54:33 PM »

My Potenza Grids are awesome, the only downside is that they're pretty loud. It's nothing that I can't handle though.

slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2011, 02:01:44 PM »

My Potenza Grids are awesome, the only downside is that they're pretty loud. It's nothing that I can't handle though.
My exhaust and windnoise drowns out the tires  Wink
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2011, 02:27:03 PM »

Is $127 Mounted and Balanced a good price for those Falken's?  215/50-R17 is my OE size.  I think it's a pretty good deal, just want to double check.  I only have one set of rims and don't have the space to keep an extra set of tires lying around, so I'm going to be using these year round. 

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2011, 02:33:55 PM »

That's kinda funny that my current winter tires are listed, but my last set of winter tires are not.  I've gotta say that the Nokyan Hakkapeliitta's that I had are a lot better than the Bridgestone LM-25's that I have on my car right now.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Lemonjelly

Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2011, 02:53:51 PM »

damn Tim you beat me to it. I just saw this thread and was just going to recommend Nokian Hakkapeliitta R's.

I just put on a set of these and was amazed at how well they grip. I went out driving for a bit this morning, after getting about a foot and a half of snow, and had 0 problems making it up the steepest hill in town.

Steve - NECM #4

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2011, 02:56:40 PM »

I was very happy with my Nokyans.  The Bridgestones I have are pretty good in the snow, but not as good as the Nokyans.  I haven't gone out today yet, but I was able to get around very well in the last snow storm we had.  Compared to the all season tires I was on a few years ago, it's a night and day difference.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012