Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:51:48 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask DetailedImage.com...  (Read 62029 times)
DetailedImage.com

Reputation Power: 1
DetailedImage.com pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2009, 12:12:40 PM »

Quote from: "ikethegreat"
What product would you recommend for removing blood stains from the carpet in the trunk?

Oh man these can be tough.  My first step would be to take some hot water, possibly even boil it a bit.  Spray your favorite fabric cleaner like the 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover on it.  Then dip a scrub brush in the hot water and agitate the stain in different directions with the brush.  If that doesn't work I'd repeat the same process with some hotter water and use a degreaser like the P21S Total Auto Wash.  Be careful with the hot water and keep us posted on what you try and how it works.  Good luck!

Greg @ DI
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2009, 03:51:29 PM »

so whos blood is it?

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2009, 09:20:15 PM »

I know Greased Lightening from Home Depot or in the supermarket cleaning product aisle can get blood out.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2009, 07:45:01 AM »

It's not human blood haha.  We had a grill out at work and I had to pick up a bunch of meat and some of it wasn't packaged very good and leaked everywhere.  

That's my story and I'm sticking with it!
asnstyle22
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
asnstyle22 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2009, 02:32:34 AM »

wow so the optiseal can be used for windows and wheels?? man.. i gotta get on that.. my windows are a mess.... can i clay the window? and the wheels? thanks for your help!
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2009, 07:59:33 AM »

Quote from: "asnstyle22"
wow so the optiseal can be used for windows and wheels?? man.. i gotta get on that.. my windows are a mess.... can i clay the window? and the wheels? thanks for your help!

yes you can clay windows and wheels. there might be special clay for windows but not 100% on that.

you can use selant and wax on painted wheels. maybe on polished too. not sure about other kinds of wheels.

Misha
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2009, 11:05:40 AM »

Quote from: "asnstyle22"

Yes you can use the Optimum Opti-Seal (http://www.detailedimage.com/Optimum-OP ... 9/8-oz-S1/) to protect your wheels, glass, etc.  Virtually any sealant can be used on to protect the wheels and glass.  The major benefit of the Opti-Seal is that it dries clear so you don't have to remove it just apply it and your are done.  If you guys have never protected your glass I highly recommend it.  Rain, sleet or snow it is a huge help.  If you don't use your wipers too much when the glass is dry you will get a solid 1 - 2 months of protection from the Opti-Seal or other quality sealant.  It also helps prevent the blade from scratching the glass.

Yes you can use a clay bar on the windows and wheels.  I do this sometimes after my normal cleaning and before I protect those surfaces.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ DI
asnstyle22
Fucking Newb

asnstyle22 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2009, 05:32:51 PM »

man.. this is great news.. im gonna go home and just clay and seal the windows for this rainy weather. =)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2009, 05:49:39 PM »

Whats a good heavy duty tire cleaner. I have this weird film on my tires that I cannot get off. I have taken the tire and used full concentration degreaser on them, but have had no luck.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2010, 01:44:38 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
Whats a good heavy duty tire cleaner. I have this weird film on my tires that I cannot get off. I have taken the tire and used full concentration degreaser on them, but have had no luck.

hmmmm.... First off I would try and determine if this is something that can come off.  If it's spray paint or something like that it may not come off with a degreaser.  If you used a full concentration degreaser I'm not sure if something stronger will work.  The Meguiar's Super Degreaser D108 and the Chemical Guys Grime Reaper are two of the strongest degreaser I have used.  I would try them diluted first and use them concentrated if that doesn't work.  Keep us posted on what you try and how it works.

Greg @ DI
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2010, 02:22:52 PM »

I don't think it is spray paint. I'm not sure if it's residue from tire shine or what. I used full strength purple power but Ill try one of those two next. Thanks

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2010, 04:16:03 PM »

got this today
Zymol Royal Glaze and
Zymol Destiny

Misha
asnstyle22
Fucking Newb

asnstyle22 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2010, 12:53:24 PM »

^ wow.. looks.... expensive.. haha..man... comes in its own storage case and everything nice....
asnstyle22
Fucking Newb

asnstyle22 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2010, 12:54:40 PM »

is there a way to get wax out of plastic? it dried white around the mirror area on my bros car cuz his gf is stupid and waxed it =T

also.. sealed the windows... its niiiiiiiicceee.... all the waters just roll off in the morning and i dont even have to use my windshield wipers =P HOWEVER... not sure if its the inside or outside... when it steams up, it shows all the streaking so maybe i applied too much of the seal =T
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2010, 01:28:27 PM »

wax cleaner should do it or rubbing alcohol should do the trick

could be inside if you didnt clean glass good..

apply it again and make sure you wipe it off good

Misha
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012