Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:26:54 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask DetailedImage.com...  (Read 62025 times)
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2009, 08:14:42 AM »

Quote from: "asnstyle22"
question: what order would i use these products? optimum polish, optimum poli seal, optimum opti seal, optimum finish polish, optimum car wax.

question: do i use the above with a pc7424 until the material is gone? or just use until i reached how i want it to look and wipe the remainder off? generally how many passes through a spot?

question: for the 303 fabric guard, how much do i need for my whole car? and is it good for the seats too or just the flooring?

thanks!

i would guess polish first, then finish polish, then poli seal (looks like its selant), didnt find opti-seal, but sounds like selant as well. then car wax

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2009, 08:20:40 AM »

still debating what to get 32 oz of 105 and 95 or gallon of 105, sounds like you can make 105 like 95 by using quick detailer or water (meguiars recomends using their 34 QD, ill probably call them up and ask, maybe i can use their detailers line final step QD)

Misha
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2009, 10:12:46 AM »

Any plans on having a sale on MF towels?
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2009, 11:46:24 AM »

Greg. Order Number: 36491
thanks again for discounts

Misha
DetailedImage.com

Reputation Power: 1
DetailedImage.com pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2009, 11:48:25 AM »

Quote from: "asnstyle22"
question: what order would i use these products? optimum polish, optimum poli seal, optimum opti seal, optimum finish polish, optimum car wax.

question: do i use the above with a pc7424 until the material is gone? or just use until i reached how i want it to look and wipe the remainder off? generally how many passes through a spot?

question: for the 303 fabric guard, how much do i need for my whole car? and is it good for the seats too or just the flooring?

thanks!

The correct order for those products would be:
Wash/Dry
Clay Bar
Optimum Polish II - light cutting polish, helps safely remove swirls, oxidation, etc.
Optimum Finish Polish - Ultra fine polish used for jeweling the paint
Optimum Poli-Seal - Polish with sealant that cleans and protects in one step
Optimum Opti-Seal - My absolute favorite spray on sealant, spray it on, spread it with the supplied foam app and it dries clear, the protection is better than many traditional sealants and leaves a great shine, I also use it on the clean wheels and glass.
Optimum Car Wax - Adds more protection and shine to the surface

I would work the polishes in thoroughly until they become more clear and thin.  If the buffing pad becomes dry you'll notice the increase friction and you should stop.  After a few passes you'll get the hang of it very quickly.  For detailed instructions please check out our - http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-Detailing-Guide/.  I usually do about 6 - 10 sets of overlapping passes with the polishes.  With any sealant, glaze or liquid wax you can usually do less passes with less pressure.  

The 303 High Tech Fabric Guard works great on both seats, carpeting, mats, etc.  One 16oz bottle is more than enough to do the whole interior.  On an average sized car like an Accord a couple of ounces should be plenty.  I approximate you'll need 2 - 4 ounces.  I also recommend our 4oz pump spray bottle, it makes spraying it a little easier.  

Let me know if you have any questions about these products I'd be happy to help.

Greg @ DI
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2009, 11:54:16 AM »

Quote from: "ikethegreat"
Any plans on having a sale on MF towels?

I have an after Christmas sale planned that may have something you are looking for.  I don't have one specific for microfiber planned right now, but we always have 10% off with our 10offElite coupon code.  If you can get some interest from other forum members I can work out a special price on a particular towel or possibly even the whole microfiber line of products.  

Greg @ DI
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2009, 11:55:24 AM »

Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"
Greg. Order Number: 36491
thanks again for discounts

Very much appreciated.  If you wind up mixing any products please keep us posted on the process and your results.  Take care!

Greg @ DI
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2009, 12:02:35 PM »

good idea to prep pad, quick detailer would work, or CG pad conditioner. just make sure no dirt is on it. if it falls on floor do not use it again till you wash it good.
do not use too much polish, quarter side is fine after first. usually i do cross on pad to prep it.more polish you use, more you gona have to remove with MF towel. trust me, did this myself. now i learned. do small section at a time. usualy about 16x16 or so or quarter of the door, works fine for me but i have different polish so you would have to get used to yours

btw Greg, got my order yesterday, gotta love 1 day ground shipping

Misha
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2009, 02:44:01 PM »

I had a brake problem which caused one of my rims to have a shit load of brake dust caked on.  I didn't have any wheel cleaner when I washed my car over the weekend and so I just sprayed that 303 stuff on them and scrubbed a bit with a brush.  The wheels came out looking good except for the 1 with the heavy brake dust.  I can't seem to get it to come clean.  Any recommendations on a heavy duty wheel cleaner?
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2009, 10:14:39 PM »

heaviest cleaner i know if meguiars wheel brightner, but be carefull, that shit is strong, when you done with wheels. seal it with wheel wax or some kinda sealant or even regular wax

if you dont have access to that, go to auto store and probably get eagle 1 wheel and tire cleaner, that stuff is good but nowhere near as strong couse its for consumers

Misha
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2009, 01:10:28 PM »

Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"
btw Greg, got my order yesterday, gotta love 1 day ground shipping

Glad to hear you got it nice and quick!

I had a brake problem which caused one of my rims to have a shit load of brake dust caked on.  I didn't have any wheel cleaner when I washed my car over the weekend and so I just sprayed that 303 stuff on them and scrubbed a bit with a brush.  The wheels came out looking good except for the 1 with the heavy brake dust.  I can't seem to get it to come clean.  Any recommendations on a heavy duty wheel cleaner?

The 303 is not really designed for that purpose so yes you may definitely need a more serious cleaner.  If you have a clear coated wheel the Megs Wheel Brightener or the Poorboy's World Spray and Rinse work really well.  I would dilute both cleaners at least 3:1 (water to cleaner) and then use them in a stronger concentration only as need be.  If you have an aftermarket wheel that should not be used with non-pH balanced cleaners try the Chemical Guys Diablo Wheel Gel.  Let me know if you have any other questions.  

Greg @ DI
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2009, 02:38:06 PM »

+1 on Diablo. got it but havent had dirty wheels to try this stuff on. 3:1 i think is still way too thick, gona try 6:1 for regular wheel cleanning

Misha
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2009, 04:16:18 PM »

What product would you recommend for removing blood stains from the carpet in the trunk?
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2009, 07:47:33 PM »

What product would you recommend for removing blood stains from the carpet in the trunk?

I hope you like to hunt........

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2009, 10:01:27 AM »

hmm. how old are they? maybe steaming it would help. i dont know of any product that will get rid of blood. maybe oxyclean thing. go to home depo and ask. just tell them how to get blood out of work clothe not out of trunk couse they might call cops lol

do we even want to know how it got there?

Misha
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012