Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:02:38 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask DetailedImage.com...  (Read 61593 times)
DetailedImage.com

Reputation Power: 1
DetailedImage.com pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 04:25:22 PM »

Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"
welcome. buy stuff from there pretty often and support seems to be great as well. yesterday tried to check out and was not able to and one of guys emailed me about that. pretty cool.
sales are great as well

Sorry to hear you may have had an issue with our site.  We usually try and contact customers right away if we notice a problem.  If you need any further assistance please let me know I'd be happy to help.

Greg @ DI
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 04:27:03 PM »

Quote from: "ikethegreat"
Is it okay to apply a finishing polish and then a sealant back to back with no wait time in between?

AV6NHBP6SPD answered it spot on.  A polish like the one you mentioned is designed to be removed almost immediately and entirely so it leaves nothing behind.  The sealant leaves a layer behind that may need to cure for up to 24 hours in between coats.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg @ DI
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 05:19:53 PM »

great combo is mezerna 203 and 85. 203 is amazing. sometimes we dont have to use 85 after 203, but i guess for absolutely best results you need 85

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 05:57:03 PM »

Quote from: "DetailedImage.com"
I'm thinking about picking up a PC 7424xp.  What backing plate size and pad size would you recommend?  Which pad type would be best to use for applying a polish, sealant, or wax?  The specific products I'm looking to use are OPT Polish II, Poorboy's World EX Sealant w/ Carnauba, and Mothers Gold Class Carnauba paste wax.  I'm a complete beginner and have never used a buffer before. Thanks!

The PC 7424 XP is a great tool to use, it really helps you work in the polishes better for improved results.  For maximum polishing power get the smaller backing plate and pad like the 4", which are also less expensive.  For the OPT Polish II I would recommend the white polishing pad.  For the next step you have a sealant and wax in one followed up by a carnauba wax.  I would suggest getting a pure sealant here like the Poorboy's World EX-P or my favorite the Blackfire Wet Diamond.  They will provide you with longer lasting protection and a great shine.  Follow this up with Carnauba Paste Wax for even more gloss and added protection.  I would apply the EX, EX-P and Wet Diamond and almost all sealants with our blue pad.  The Paste Wax is most likely designed to be applied by hand with a foam applicator.  If this is a liquid wax use a separate blue pad for a buffer application.  Assuming it's a hard wax designed to be applied by hand our yellow or red one will do just fine.  Let me know if you need any other suggestions I'd be happy to help.  

Greg @ DI

Thanks for the advice.   I just ordered $260 worth of goodies.  Merry Christmas to me!
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 03:51:12 PM »

I'm thinking about picking up a PC 7424xp.  What backing plate size and pad size would you recommend?  Which pad type would be best to use for applying a polish, sealant, or wax?  The specific products I'm looking to use are OPT Polish II, Poorboy's World EX Sealant w/ Carnauba, and Mothers Gold Class Carnauba paste wax.  I'm a complete beginner and have never used a buffer before. Thanks!

The PC 7424 XP is a great tool to use, it really helps you work in the polishes better for improved results.  For maximum polishing power get the smaller backing plate and pad like the 4", which are also less expensive.  For the OPT Polish II I would recommend the white polishing pad.  For the next step you have a sealant and wax in one followed up by a carnauba wax.  I would suggest getting a pure sealant here like the Poorboy's World EX-P or my favorite the Blackfire Wet Diamond.  They will provide you with longer lasting protection and a great shine.  Follow this up with Carnauba Paste Wax for even more gloss and added protection.  I would apply the EX, EX-P and Wet Diamond and almost all sealants with our blue pad.  The Paste Wax is most likely designed to be applied by hand with a foam applicator.  If this is a liquid wax use a separate blue pad for a buffer application.  Assuming it's a hard wax designed to be applied by hand our yellow or red one will do just fine.  Let me know if you need any other suggestions I'd be happy to help.  

Greg @ DI

Thanks for the advice.   I just ordered $260 worth of goodies.  Merry Christmas to me!

Thank you for the support, it's greatly appreciated!  It looks like it shipped out yesterday and it was already delivered today!  If you have any questions please let me know or check our Detailing Guide which is packed with PC instructions and so much more.

Greg @ DI
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 04:11:28 PM »

One question, on the PC I can screw the handle into the right side but not the left.  Is it safe to assume the thread on the left side is stripped or am I doing something wrong?
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 07:53:29 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Greg welcome and again thank you for you willingness to help out.

A frequent question I here is what should we use to clean/condition the leather in the Accords? It seems every time I hear this question there is a different answer that follows. What is your opinion?

Thanks again for the welcome.  For leather care my hands down favorite is the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean.  It's a little bit pricey but it does work well.  It helps get rid of deeply embedded contaminants, human oils, etc. and leave the leather soft.  It helps the leather stay soft so it can flex but strong so it maintains it's shape and strength. It has no fillers or residue left behind that gives a temporary nice look, totally matte finish. If you are on a budget for time or money try the Poorboy's World Leather Stuff.

For protection the 303 Aerospace Protectant or Optimum Protectant Plus are great.  They leave a relatively matte finish and block UV rays that cause slow fade.  Let me know if you have other questions.

Greg @ DI

Greg, I agree that Leatherique is excellent stuff, but not for Accord leather. We have coated leather and so using Leatherique is basically useless. Leather Stuff is good as well, but I have found that for our leather, spending money on higher end leather conditioner and cleaners, are not really necessary. Some OTC Zymol or Meguiars Gold Class tends to get the job done equally well.
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 09:34:59 PM »

One question, on the PC I can screw the handle into the right side but not the left.  Is it safe to assume the thread on the left side is stripped or am I doing something wrong?

you can screw from left or right. if you cant from left then it probably stripped, i doubt they will make different threat patern for other side

Misha
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 12:09:22 PM »

any xmas sales coming up?

Misha
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 04:35:58 PM »

It should work on both sides with no problems.  I would doubt you stripped it this quickly on a new unit.  Try twisting it the opposite direction to see if it goes in there.  If not Porter Cable will help you out if bring it to one of their service centers - http://www.deltaportercable.com/Service ... pport.aspx.  Keep me posted on what you decide.

Greg @ DI
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 04:43:57 PM »

any xmas sales coming up?

Yes we do have one that just started.  For those of you living in the Northeast and even beyond we can still get you your order before Xmas.  You can save 15% off and get Free S/H on orders over $40 with the coupon code Northeast09.  The discount doesn't apply to buffers, kits, vacuums, water filtration units and paint gages.

Greg @ DI
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2009, 06:19:39 PM »

alright. another sale just intime. 15% off and free shipping on orders $40 or more, not a problem. gona order some stuff

Misha
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2009, 08:13:56 PM »

alright. another sale just intime. 15% off and free shipping on orders $40 or more, not a problem. gona order some stuff

Very much appreciated!  Let me know if you have any questions or if you need any recommendations.

Greg @ DI
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2009, 09:19:18 PM »

gona order 105 and maybe pads. have to see first

Misha
asnstyle22
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
asnstyle22 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2009, 11:31:13 PM »

question: what order would i use these products? optimum polish, optimum poli seal, optimum opti seal, optimum finish polish, optimum car wax.

question: do i use the above with a pc7424 until the material is gone? or just use until i reached how i want it to look and wipe the remainder off? generally how many passes through a spot?

question: for the 303 fabric guard, how much do i need for my whole car? and is it good for the seats too or just the flooring?

thanks!
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012