Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:34:53 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask DetailedImage.com...  (Read 61910 times)
DetailedImage.com

Reputation Power: 1
DetailedImage.com pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2009, 03:05:06 PM »

I just wanted to quickly introduce myself to the detailing community here on EliteCM.net.  My name is Greg and I'm the co-owner & co-founder of http://www.DetailedImage.com.  Our website carries many high quality automotive detailing products to help you get outstanding results from your detailing efforts.  I have years of both professional and personal detailing experience to help provide meaningful detailing advice.  My goal is to help you find the right process and products to best meet your needs.  If you want to do a full detail we can help you outline what is needed and we can also help people who just want a quick one step process.  I don't claim to know everything but hopefully I can help you get your ride looking it's best!

Very simply I hope this thread is a place where you can ask me detailing questions and I'll do my best to help.  If you can provide as many details as possible about your situation that is a big help. Some helpful information would be: year, make, model, color, specific problem, desired resolution, products you have already have, etc.  Thank you for reading and I look forward to hearing from you guys!

Greg @ DI
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 03:34:20 PM »

Greg welcome and again thank you for you willingness to help out.

A frequent question I here is what should we use to clean/condition the leather in the Accords? It seems every time I hear this question there is a different answer that follows. What is your opinion?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 06:48:40 PM »

Greg, welcome aboard our humble forum. I just want to add that you don't have to reserve yourself to the Detailing sub forum. If you have any insight on other things outside the detailing realm, feel free to chime in. I promise we don't bite.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 01:16:01 AM »

Welcome Greg.  I'll be asking you questions later.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 04:57:28 AM »

Greg, welcome over to EliteCM. I am a member of Detailing Bliss as well. Just got my first ever order from DI. Great service, great prices and quick shipping.

Thank you!!!
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 08:50:32 AM »

I'm thinking about picking up a PC 7424xp.  What backing plate size and pad size would you recommend?  Which pad type would be best to use for applying a polish, sealant, or wax?  The specific products I'm looking to use are OPT Polish II, Poorboy's World EX Sealant w/ Carnauba, and Mothers Gold Class Carnauba paste wax.  I'm a complete beginner and have never used a buffer before. Thanks!
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 10:02:03 AM »

welcome. buy stuff from there pretty often and support seems to be great as well. yesterday tried to check out and was not able to and one of guys emailed me about that. pretty cool.
sales are great as well

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 10:43:55 AM »

Is it okay to apply a finishing polish and then a sealant back to back with no wait time in between?
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 10:58:51 AM »

Quote from: "ikethegreat"
Is it okay to apply a finishing polish and then a sealant back to back with no wait time in between?
yes it is. polish is just to level the paint and remainder supposed to be removed with MF towel. so there is not curing time between polish and sealant. sealant does need cure time (usually 24 hours, but check on label and directions for times for specific times)

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 04:13:29 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Greg welcome and again thank you for you willingness to help out.

A frequent question I here is what should we use to clean/condition the leather in the Accords? It seems every time I hear this question there is a different answer that follows. What is your opinion?

Thanks again for the welcome.  For leather care my hands down favorite is the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean.  It's a little bit pricey but it does work well.  It helps get rid of deeply embedded contaminants, human oils, etc. and leave the leather soft.  It helps the leather stay soft so it can flex but strong so it maintains it's shape and strength. It has no fillers or residue left behind that gives a temporary nice look, totally matte finish. If you are on a budget for time or money try the Poorboy's World Leather Stuff.

For protection the 303 Aerospace Protectant or Optimum Protectant Plus are great.  They leave a relatively matte finish and block UV rays that cause slow fade.  Let me know if you have other questions.

Greg @ DI
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 04:15:30 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Welcome Greg.  I'll be asking you questions later.

Sounds good.  We're here whenever you need some help.  I'm going to try and check the forum once a day.  If it's urgent you are all welcome to contact me through our contact form on our site.  

Greg @ DI
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 04:15:37 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Greg, welcome aboard our humble forum. I just want to add that you don't have to reserve yourself to the Detailing sub forum. If you have any insight on other things outside the detailing realm, feel free to chime in. I promise we don't bite.

Haha I will add in my two cents when I can.  

Greg @ DI
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 04:16:24 PM »

I look forward to it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 04:18:37 PM »

Quote from: "skizot"
Greg, welcome over to EliteCM. I am a member of Detailing Bliss as well. Just got my first ever order from DI. Great service, great prices and quick shipping.

Thank you!!!

Your support is much appreciated.  I'm glad to hear you got everything quickly as you had ordered it and at a great price. If you have any questions about the product let me know.

Greg @ DI
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 04:23:58 PM »

Quote from: "ikethegreat"
I'm thinking about picking up a PC 7424xp.  What backing plate size and pad size would you recommend?  Which pad type would be best to use for applying a polish, sealant, or wax?  The specific products I'm looking to use are OPT Polish II, Poorboy's World EX Sealant w/ Carnauba, and Mothers Gold Class Carnauba paste wax.  I'm a complete beginner and have never used a buffer before. Thanks!

The PC 7424 XP is a great tool to use, it really helps you work in the polishes better for improved results.  For maximum polishing power get the smaller backing plate and pad like the 4", which are also less expensive.  For the OPT Polish II I would recommend the white polishing pad.  For the next step you have a sealant and wax in one followed up by a carnauba wax.  I would suggest getting a pure sealant here like the Poorboy's World EX-P or my favorite the Blackfire Wet Diamond.  They will provide you with longer lasting protection and a great shine.  Follow this up with Carnauba Paste Wax for even more gloss and added protection.  I would apply the EX, EX-P and Wet Diamond and almost all sealants with our blue pad.  The Paste Wax is most likely designed to be applied by hand with a foam applicator.  If this is a liquid wax use a separate blue pad for a buffer application.  Assuming it's a hard wax designed to be applied by hand our yellow or red one will do just fine.  Let me know if you need any other suggestions I'd be happy to help.  

Greg @ DI
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012