Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:22:12 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 37 38 [39]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] timot_one  (Read 193596 times)
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: January 07, 2015, 07:33:04 AM »

Yeah, your going to have a hard enough time keeping her straight on dry pavement.....

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #571 on: January 07, 2015, 07:49:35 AM »

Yeah. I know that. Boost by gear and traction control are going to be helpful with this car.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 07, 2015, 09:54:58 AM »

That and so good old fashion foot control Wink Tongue

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #573 on: January 07, 2015, 12:26:50 PM »

True. Though, a 90 mm tb is a bit harder to regulate than a stock one. I have some plans to help insure better traction on warm dry roads. The taller 4.052 final drive, taller 1-4 PPG straight cut gears and 10" wide wheels with some 305 drag radials should help a little.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #574 on: January 07, 2015, 12:46:24 PM »

Just go slicks. Tongue

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #575 on: January 07, 2015, 01:43:09 PM »

Just go slicks. Tongue

Find me a set of slicks for an 18" wheel.

Tim
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 07, 2015, 03:21:23 PM »

Have you ever thought about making provisions for using dry ice in your A2W setup? Obviously it wouldn't be something you would want to run all the time, maybe for the standing mile events. Might give you a few more horses, unless you are nearing the edge of diminishing returns as far as IAT for your setup.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #577 on: January 07, 2015, 05:45:52 PM »

My IAT's were 20° F below ambient with 48 lbs of ice in the tank and it lasted for about an hour. With just using ice, I gained an additional 19 hp and 31 lb/ft. I'm at the point of maxing out my fuel system with an injector duty cycle of 94%. At this point, I need to upgrade to a dual in tank set up or a surge tank with dual BOSCH 044's. I'm pretty sure the surge tank will be my next move because I will need more fuel when I add a direct port nitrous set up later.

Tim
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 07, 2015, 08:26:41 PM »

94% WAYYY TOOOO HIGH, injectors can easily saturate above 80%, basically be stuck open.....

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #579 on: January 07, 2015, 11:52:34 PM »

I trust my tuner to do the right thing.

Tim
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 06, 2015, 01:06:53 AM »

Monster.. simply a monster. Like I said on IG, glad you have her going, Tim. Congrats!
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 06, 2015, 06:12:17 AM »

True. Though, a 90 mm tb is a bit harder to regulate than a stock one. I have some plans to help insure better traction on warm dry roads. The taller 4.052 final drive, taller 1-4 PPG straight cut gears and 10" wide wheels with some 305 drag radials should help a little.

You are cable throttle if I remember right. The is a way to help alot with low throttle control, I am sure you have seen throttle pulleys that have a "eccentric" shape,  that is done so that it takes much more cable travel to open the first 10 to 20% of the butterfly giving better low throttle control.

http://www.gktech.com/index.php/v2-s14a-s15-eccentric-throttle-wheel.html
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 06:14:32 AM by NVA-AV6 » Logged

NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 06, 2015, 06:16:58 AM »

Just go slicks. Tongue

Kschwiggy used to run TLS 17' wheels with slicks for his AutoX racing, they cleared the RL caliper setup he was running without issue.

Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 06, 2015, 10:33:47 AM »

You are cable throttle if I remember right. The is a way to help alot with low throttle control, I am sure you have seen throttle pulleys that have a "eccentric" shape,  that is done so that it takes much more cable travel to open the first 10 to 20% of the butterfly giving better low throttle control.

That is genius ! haven't thought of it but it makes sense, of course I don't need it with my stock k24a2 lol

BTW Tim, I saw your little video on instagram, that is fucking impressive !

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #584 on: February 06, 2015, 10:39:56 AM »

Yes, it's a cable TB.  It's the K-Tuned 90mm billet tb that I'm using.  After a few tweaks to the tb and being able to incorporate the IACV back into my set up the drivability has improved significantly.  I was looking at the Holley EFI 105mm tb last night and noticed that it had a similar eccentric design on the cable wheel.  I'll see if I can get a blank wheel from K-Tuned or just have my machinist make one for me.

Just go slicks. Tongue

Kschwiggy used to run TLS 17' wheels with slicks for his AutoX racing, they cleared the RL caliper setup he was running without issue.

17" wheels don't clear the calipers.  The 13" rotors have the calipers spaced out far enough that they hit the barrel.  I'd have to pick up rotors that will work with everything.  I'm not against it, but I'm more inclined to get drag radials on a set of 18" wheels.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 37 38 [39]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012