Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:58:56 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] timot_one  (Read 194817 times)
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: December 18, 2014, 08:46:23 PM »

by the way, did the gear bits damaged other gears too ?
I see some dents on other gear but don't know if they already are that way.
is it a 5 or 6 speed ?

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: December 18, 2014, 10:12:19 PM »

I heard from a friend of mine that there has been some hype on FB. Not sure how true it is, but that's what I hear.

Gears and bearings are okay upon initial inspection. That may change once everything has been inspected after being torn apart. The dents or marks that you see on the gears is normal.

I have a 6 speed transmission. It was a TSX case with a 4.1 final drive from an Indian Market CR-V and a set of 2010 Si gears.

I'm keeping the final drive and just swapping in a TSX gearset. Also going to be test fitting some new wheels after Christmas. I'm going to borrow a set of wheels to see if they clearly calipers and how they sit. My guess is that they will be herrafrush because of their width and offset. I don't care that much in the front, since I am going to have my fenders widened to fit the wheels. In the rear, I'm a bit more concerned since I have no desire to hack anything up back there. Quarter panels don't unbolt like fenders do.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 18, 2014, 11:57:05 PM »

It is true about facebook, they linked on 7th gen accords FB page a screenshot of your dyno post on instagram.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #543 on: December 19, 2014, 12:37:42 AM »

I also saw the Facebook stuff. Its true.
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #544 on: December 19, 2014, 06:25:59 AM »

I saw it too. And I do care, I'm just frustrated because I wish I knew more about what I'm looking at: ( I love it though; )
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 19, 2014, 06:55:48 AM »

I heard from a friend of mine that there has been some hype on FB. Not sure how true it is, but that's what I hear.

Gears and bearings are okay upon initial inspection. That may change once everything has been inspected after being torn apart. The dents or marks that you see on the gears is normal.

I have a 6 speed transmission. It was a TSX case with a 4.1 final drive from an Indian Market CR-V and a set of 2010 Si gears.

I'm keeping the final drive and just swapping in a TSX gearset. Also going to be test fitting some new wheels after Christmas. I'm going to borrow a set of wheels to see if they clearly calipers and how they sit. My guess is that they will be herrafrush because of their width and offset. I don't care that much in the front, since I am going to have my fenders widened to fit the wheels. In the rear, I'm a bit more concerned since I have no desire to hack anything up back there. Quarter panels don't unbolt like fenders do.

I'm not really familiar with gearing vs hp/tq, but wouldn't the SI gear ratio be bad for your power being that they are so close? The way I'm looking at it is if you're going to have a close ratio gear set with so much power you would need another couple gears, 8spd? If not, wouldn't you have been going through the gears rather quickly kinda like the j36 guys who have no use for 1st and sometimes 2nd? I'm just thinking longer gears would be better for that much power, maybe?

Rich
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 19, 2014, 07:42:09 AM »

Just because I don't respond or comment doesn't mean that I don't care, bud. I check in, on the site, multiple times per day. As for your build, like Z, I live through yours Wink.

+1!   
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: December 19, 2014, 09:38:48 AM »

At the time I got the Si gears, it was because they were more evenly spaced than the TSX. It's great for road racing, but my car will probably not see much time on a road course. Believe it or not, 1st and 6th are the same ratio between the Si and TSX transmissions.

Unfortunately, it has been a while since I drove on the TSX gearing and there were so many changes made (including the 4.1 final drive) to my drivetrain that I really didn't notice the subtle differences between the two set ups.

Longer gears is the idea. I'm going to be trying to get a set of PPG straight cut synchro gears. Compared here's a comparison of the gear ratios.

TSX
1st - 3.266
2nd - 1.88
3rd - 1.355
4th - 1.028

PPG
1st - 2.615
2nd - 1.666
3rd - 1.150
4th - .909

I'll still run a TSX 6th or maybe an 08 Accord 5th as my 6th gear. I'm still looking for a suitable 5th gear that will be a good ratio between the .909 of the PPG 4th and the .659/.647 6th. Most likely it will be an EP3 .780 5th gear or a DC5 .738 6th gear.

My goal with the stronger gearset is to do some standing mile and roll racing events. My main challenge will be traction. I'm going to test fit a set of Enkei RPF1's that are 18x10 +38 to see if I have enough back spacing. If they clear my calipers and knuckle, I can fit a 305/30/18 on them. I don't give a shit if they stick out because my fenders will be modified to fit the wheels.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 19, 2014, 10:24:53 AM »

A friend of mine has them (maybe not the exact same spec) and it is pretty wide XD
it also clears the RL calipers

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #549 on: December 19, 2014, 03:29:36 PM »

Can you find out what spec they are?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a set of RPF1's so I can stuff some 305/30/18 R888's on them.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 19, 2014, 04:37:11 PM »

He told me 18X9.5 Inset 17 Front
18 x 9.5 inset 39 Rear
Hope this will help you out !

Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 19, 2014, 07:59:11 PM »

At the time I got the Si gears, it was because they were more evenly spaced than the TSX. It's great for road racing, but my car will probably not see much time on a road course. Believe it or not, 1st and 6th are the same ratio between the Si and TSX transmissions.

Unfortunately, it has been a while since I drove on the TSX gearing and there were so many changes made (including the 4.1 final drive) to my drivetrain that I really didn't notice the subtle differences between the two set ups.

Longer gears is the idea. I'm going to be trying to get a set of PPG straight cut synchro gears. Compared here's a comparison of the gear ratios.

TSX
1st - 3.266
2nd - 1.88
3rd - 1.355
4th - 1.028

PPG
1st - 2.615
2nd - 1.666
3rd - 1.150
4th - .909

I'll still run a TSX 6th or maybe an 08 Accord 5th as my 6th gear. I'm still looking for a suitable 5th gear that will be a good ratio between the .909 of the PPG 4th and the .659/.647 6th. Most likely it will be an EP3 .780 5th gear or a DC5 .738 6th gear.

My goal with the stronger gearset is to do some standing mile and roll racing events. My main challenge will be traction. I'm going to test fit a set of Enkei RPF1's that are 18x10 +38 to see if I have enough back spacing. If they clear my calipers and knuckle, I can fit a 305/30/18 on them. I don't give a shit if they stick out because my fenders will be modified to fit the wheels.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Longer gears are needed for that much power, but it also depends on what you're going to be using it for. As for wheels, why not 18x10.5 +15? Will definitely clear with that offset because the RPF1's aren't concave. Maybe even 18x9.5 +15. As long as the hub assembly can support them, should be good.

Rich
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: December 19, 2014, 08:58:57 PM »

Thanks Pascal. I will be test fitting a set of 18x10 +38. I'll have to do the math with the offset and back spacing when I get home to compare them to your buddy's wheels. As long as they clear the calipers and the knuckle, I'm good.

I think 10.5" may be an option, but I also have to consider how much room I actually have to work with. Sedans can't run as low of an offset as coupes. With a 10" wide wheel, I can fit a 305 tire. That's like corvette territory for tires.

Tim
Pascal

Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 19, 2014, 10:02:46 PM »

those will be huge  Cheesy
But with that amount of power, you gotta have rubber transfer power to the ground.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: December 20, 2014, 02:07:24 PM »

Yeah. I've been lookin at drag radial set ups and there isn't much in the 275-285 range for 18's. I'm better off going with a 305.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012