Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:46:50 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] timot_one  (Read 194446 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: January 04, 2015, 08:39:20 AM »

Went to the dyno and got tuned yesterday. The car is insane. It was making too much torque at low rpms and my tuner pulled out timing to try and lower the tq so the motor wouldn't tear itself apart. Numbers are fairly impressive though. Peak power is 623 hp and 471 lb ft. It was making close to 400 lb ft at 3000 rpm. Fortunately, we were able to set up boost by gear on my supercharger, so power is limited in lower gears. The traction control will also make the car more driveable on the street.

I'll be posting my dyno plots after my tuner emails them to me on Monday.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 04, 2015, 08:41:29 AM »

Absolute insanity Tim but I love it!

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 04, 2015, 10:07:55 AM »

Absolute insanity Tim but I love it!
It was amazing.  His car found the "brown note".  They tried runnin the dyno with the exhaust dump open and the frequency of the vibrations from the sound kept shutting the system down.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: January 04, 2015, 03:37:20 PM »

So glad to see your years of hard work and innovation pay off. Great work and great results congratulations.
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 04, 2015, 07:48:50 PM »

Congrats Tim! Great numbers buddy. So When will it officially be back on the road?

Rich
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #560 on: January 04, 2015, 08:55:38 PM »

Thanks guys. It's back and in the garage. I was going to drive it around today, but I just didn't have any time before the weather turned bad. I'll probably take it out on the road after I fix a small problem with the tb and clean up a few things in the engine bay.

Here's the dyno graph from yesterday's tune.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 05, 2015, 07:40:14 AM »

Excellent results Tim.  Any future plans or is it time to sit back and enjoy what you built?
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 05, 2015, 07:59:16 AM »

That graph is just beautiful. The torque must be a lot of fun as well.  
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #563 on: January 05, 2015, 08:51:07 AM »

Excellent results Tim.  Any future plans or is it time to sit back and enjoy what you built?

I'm definitely going to enjoy it for a while, but there are still some changes that will be made. I will be picking up a set of PPG straight cut gears with taller ratios. It's only a matter of time before I destroy another transmission, which is why I'm cautious to drive it. I'm considering a direct port nitrous set up, but we'll see if I pull the trigger on that. Other than that, I'm probably going to have the fenders modified to fit the wider wheel/tire set up that I want to run. After that stuff is done I'll be putting the stereo back in the car. I will probably be building an amp rack that bolts in and will be easily removable when I want to cut weight from the car for track events.

That graph is just beautiful. The torque must be a lot of fun as well.  

Thanks. The torque is actually kind of scary. There's just so much of it so early that it makes things kind of insane. Fortunately boost by gear works, so I am able to limit boost and power in lower gears.

Tim
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 05, 2015, 10:34:29 AM »

Are you still spraying meth with your current setup? I assume you were using E85 for the latest dyno tune?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #565 on: January 05, 2015, 01:45:04 PM »

Yes. This was on E85. We didn't feel that we could regulate the boost consistently to run pump gas. I'll probably go back for a pump gas tune in the summer with a larger blower pulley.

I'm using 2 5 gph water meth nozzles.

Tim
AZcaveman
Fucking Newb

AZcaveman pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #566 on: January 05, 2015, 07:38:52 PM »

Just saw a post on honda-tech about this, and thought, "I haven't been to ecm lately!"

CONGRATS
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: January 06, 2015, 01:01:22 AM »

Thanks.

Tim
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 06, 2015, 01:53:57 AM »

man i am so jelly. must be a blast to finally drive

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #569 on: January 06, 2015, 09:46:15 AM »

Can't drive it. It snowed last night. I need to tweak a few things too.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012