Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:52:43 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Alarm?  (Read 18932 times)
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2011, 12:18:19 AM »

yeah has happen you hear it clicking but doesn't turn over until the 2nd try Has only happen in really cold weather to me though

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2011, 08:45:10 AM »

It can happen.  Usually in cold weather.

It's happened to me three times this week.  It's been 60-70 degrees. Taking it back on Saturday. 

-Nelson

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2011, 09:08:40 AM »

Did you say the starter turns the motor over, but the engine doesn't fire?  Or is it like the scenario that Clemente described?

If it's what I think you described, it could be the way they wired it up and maybe even a bad relay.  If it's cranking and not starting, it may be engaging your starter solenoid, but not providing power to your other vital electronics to start your motor.  It could be a bad relay, or it could be a bad alarm module (if it has internal relays).  Bringing it back to the shop is the best thing to do Nelson.  You paid for the install, so those guys can figure it out. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2011, 09:21:56 AM »

Oh, I am Tim, I spoke to them on Monday and this morning about it.  I made the appointment for this Saturday.  They said it sounds like the by-pass needs to be reprogrammed.  After the obscene amount of money I paid for this install, it better be 100% perfect.  I'll go back 20 times if I have to. LoL

The issue is the starter turns the motor over, but the engine doesn't fire.  I'd say its happened every about a 1/3 of the time I've used my car this week. 

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2011, 08:08:34 PM »

That's kind of odd that they're blaming it on the bypass.  I guess it's possible.  If the bypass wasn't working though, why is it cranking?  If I had to go back 20 times, I sure as shit would be demanding a refund.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
cna

cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2011, 09:21:50 PM »

like tim said I dont think is the bypass i have had the same programmable bypass on on both my alarms the 5901 being the latest and never had issues with it. The starter cranks but the motor doesnt turn over with the viper and it stayes cranking so i think is a relay issues not engaging properly

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2011, 11:07:18 PM »

I was at Billy's house and it did it again. Im not using it anymore. They better fix it or they're going to eat this alarm.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2011, 08:46:09 PM »

Here's an update on my 5901 issues.  The place checked everything, couldn't replicate the problem (LOL).

So they ended up reprogramming the bypass and resetting the system. He said if it happens again they'll replace the brain. So far no issues between yesterday and today.  Let's see what happens.

cna

cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2011, 10:53:57 PM »

One good thing of the 5901 everything is in one box so its a easy swap once everything is wired up

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2011, 11:55:39 PM »

It's actually like that with pretty much all DEI products.

Tim
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2011, 04:09:47 PM »

Another update, the shop will be replacing the entire unit. My luck is on a roll these days.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2011, 02:15:56 AM »

One more update, they replaced the unit at 10:30am today, by 7:00 pm it did the same thing.  It sounds like a problem with the by-pass and immobilizer to me.  it actually happened in front of their eyes this morning so they believed me. I'll be going back again next Saturday.  They offered me $100 back due to the inconvenience. I would rather have an alarm that works. Fuck.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2011, 11:19:26 PM »

Last update, the issue I was having was a bad bypass.  All resolved now.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2011, 05:54:20 AM »

At least you got it resolved. Thanks for the update. It'll let others know should they encounter the same issue.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012