Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:43:22 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Alarm?  (Read 18921 times)
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 07:27:21 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
It really depends on your car and what those interface modules are programmed to control.  In all honesty, it's an installers dream to use one of those.  You literally hook up one wire for the door locks, trunk release, and input triggers.  It saves a bunch of testing and wiring.

So maybe I should get one, not so much for the sake of an easy install but for less of a chance of the shop fucking up my car while installing this thing.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 10:21:55 PM »

If they're a good shop and the installer knows what they're doing, they won't need it.  It just makes things easier for the installer.  Either way, you pay for the module or you pay for the labor rate.  If you're not doing it yourself, it's probably better to just forget the interface.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 09:16:22 AM »

They also sell an optional auto window up accessory for $150 extra.  I wonder if that $50 auto window up thing from KP Tech would be compatible with the Viper alarm?  That would save me $100 if it does.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 11:40:27 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's not compatible, but you never know.  I'd have to look at how the KP Technologies module works and compare it to the triggers on the alarm system.  It all depends on the installer's experience and technical abilities.  I've never used the KP Technologies window module, but I've heard that people report that it reduces the range of their OEM key fob.

I have the DEI window modules and I'm fairly happy with them.  I can vent my windows 2" or roll them all the way down with my alarm remote.  They also automatically roll up when I lock my car.  Can't ask for more than that.  BTW, those window accessories can be found on eBay for like $50 each.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 01:20:03 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I have the DEI window modules and I'm fairly happy with them.  I can vent my windows 2" or roll them all the way down with my alarm remote.  They also automatically roll up when I lock my car.  Can't ask for more than that.  BTW, those window accessories can be found on eBay for like $50 each.

Sweet!  Do you be any chance know if you have the DEI 529T or 530T window module?  On ebay the 529T is $25 while the 530T is $50.  Doesn't really say what the difference is.  

One module works for all 4 doors I assume?  I ask because all the descriptions on ebay say: "Module Controls Two Windows In Both Up and Down Directions".
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 02:25:36 PM »

The 529T will open and close 1 window.  These are usually used in an application for a sun roof.  The 530T will open and close 2 windows.  For a sedan, you will need two 530T's.

Tim
Antoni0_23

Reputation Power: 2
Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 05:39:48 PM »

Thanks for the info. I already located someone willing to install a Remote Start capable Alarm in my car even though it is MT. So now the only thing I have to buy is the Viper 5901 Alarm? No MT Neutral Safety Switch or the Module for our cars which has been already mentioned? Thanks again for all the info. I really appreciate it. Also I went to the guy that will install it and he told me that he needed another spare key and other hardware included for the install to be completed. Is this true?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 05:43:22 PM by Z3R0 » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 08:38:56 PM »

Yes.  You need an immobilizer bypass.  I would get a Fortin Electronics HONDA-SL3.  It doesn't require that you bury a key in your dashboard for operation.

Tim
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2009, 01:59:26 PM »

Thanks Tim. Is there a cheaper less advanced system available from viper or Clifford? I really don't need 1mile range. With a few feet will be perfectly fine. I really am on a budget and everything adds up little by little and I won't be able to afford the Viper 5901. I'd still like remote start to be in the features of the system but it doesn't need to have an extended range.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2009, 05:46:06 PM »

Most stuff made by DEI is all the same with just different names.  Shop around and you'll find something.  You may be able to get a decent price on a Viper 791XV.  I bought one brand new for $150 a few months ago for my gf's car.

Tim
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2009, 05:55:38 PM »

Thanks Tim. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Something with all the features but not so top of the line. If anyone else has advice on any other alarm system that offers security and remote start please let me know. The range doesn't need to be extraordinary.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2009, 06:09:32 PM »

I own the Viper 791XV and have had it for a few years now.  I am very happy with it and would suggest anyone get it.

Tim
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2009, 10:17:11 PM »

Hey is there any GOOD QUALITY alarm that can be adapted to use with my key fob, i just hate the idea of carrying that and another remote.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 08:17:22 AM »

Most of the DEI stuff can be adapted to use the key fob.  It's upon the installer to do a good job.

Tim
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2010, 09:41:44 AM »

tim, im going to install a system and wanted your opinion on the compatibility of what i had in mind. i was planning on the viper 5701 with the fortin can-sl2 and the dei 530t. would this all work together?

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012