Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:24:42 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Alarm?  (Read 18931 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 10:02:55 AM »

Yes.  Since Viper is a DEI company, the 530T will work fine with the 5701.  You will need 2 of them to control both your front and rear windows.  I have a Viper 791XV with 2 530T's and they work fine.  One piece of advice on the install is to run a 4 conductor wire (i.e. - in wall speaker wire) into your doors for the 530T's.  If you need tips and advice on placement for components of your 5701, PM me.  There are a lot of things that most people don't consider when installing security systems.  You need to make sure that your security system cannot be disabled easily by a thief.  Most people don't consider hiding the siren, alarm brain, and wiring.  They think that a security system is enough.

The Fortin Industries is also a great product.  I have heard amazing reviews from installers about any Fortin products.  I have yet to install one, but I have a Fortin DUO-CAN sitting in my tool box awaiting installation when I re-install my security system to make a few security changes and clean up the wiring.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2010, 10:06:10 AM »

thanks, i was only planning on one of the 530t's for my front windows, not concerned about the rear. as far as placement of the system (siren, brain, wiring), do you have any suggestions?

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 10:26:08 AM »

Here's the only reason why I would recommend using two 530T's.  The benefit of having both front and rear would be for the auto up and down (my windows automatically roll up when I lock my doors and activate my alarm), plus being able to "vent" all 4 windows at the same time and equally is also pretty cool.  I'll PM you the placement for the components.  Those are secrets that should not be public because they concern the security of your car.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 10:28:33 AM »

understood

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 10:46:30 AM »

Tim, I will be doing this in the future when I can get my hands on some more cash, thanks for all the useful info....I'll be hitting your up for more I'm sure

Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2010, 11:18:23 AM »

Sure man.  I'm here to help.  I may be opinionated about products and work slow when I do installs, but I do things right.  Lemme know if you want me to come down and help with the install.

Tim
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2010, 05:01:01 PM »

Cool beans!  I am leaning on doing OEM NAVI, Stock Audio upgrade (speakers & amp), and alarm probably all at once just to make it easier...

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2011, 05:28:57 PM »

Hi EliteCM!!  Read through this whole thread.  I am planning to get either the Viper 5901 or 5902 alarm system.  Had a few questions:

I have the DEI window modules and I'm fairly happy with them.  I can vent my windows 2" or roll them all the way down with my alarm remote.  They also automatically roll up when I lock my car.  Can't ask for more than that.  BTW, those window accessories can be found on eBay for like $50 each.

Tim- Just wondering if these window features are available through the base 5901 or 5902 system?  Or whether I will need to purchase those additional DEI window module separately and wire into the Viper alarm system accordingly?  I really would like to keep the factory feature of rolling down the windows with the 2-stage remote push (and hold).  The alarm shop stated that it wasn't possible...  Just wondering what you thought  Smiley

Here's the only reason why I would recommend using two 530T's.  The benefit of having both front and rear would be for the auto up and down (my windows automatically roll up when I lock my doors and activate my alarm), plus being able to "vent" all 4 windows at the same time and equally is also pretty cool.  I'll PM you the placement for the components.  Those are secrets that should not be public because they concern the security of your car.

I guess this ansers my question above regarding which "additional" modules would be required, but figured to ask anyway.  Huh?...  Does the 530T include the auto up, auto down, and vent features?

If you would, do you think you could PM me the placement of the 530T modules?  I would like to bring this info up to the alarm shop to see what they think.

Thanks Tim!!

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2011, 12:07:46 AM »

The 530T is what controls the auto up/down and vent features.  That's it's purpose. 

I'm not sure what the shop told you, but my factory key fob rolls my windows down as well as my security system key fob with the 530T.  As far as placement for the window modules, I would put them in the dash behind the glove box.

Tim
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2011, 12:24:50 PM »

Thanks Tim!  The shop stated that the factory fob would still control the factory window roll down feature, but I was thinking of adding that feature to the aftermarket alarm system module for added convenience.  How hard of an install is it for the DEI 530T modules to control both the front and rear windows?  The shop is charging a good chunk of change to add this feature... If it is a relatively doable install, I may add this feature later.

Or I may just use the alarm to arm/disarm and lock/unlock, then have the factory fob control the windows.  Less convenient, yes, but less costly at the same time.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2011, 11:22:47 PM »

I like having that feature with my security system.  The install isn't horrible, but it is a pain in the ass because you have to run wires into each door to the factory switches.

Tim
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2011, 11:49:55 AM »

Exactly what the shop stated Smiley... and the reason why they are charging lots for the install...

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2011, 10:35:40 PM »

I might have to pick up a DEI 530T  to go with my viper 5901 snice the panel has to come out anyways would be a nice feature to have

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2011, 10:47:50 PM »

I'm thinking about the same thing Clemente for my my 5901.

Question, has anybody ever had their remote start crank & crank the starter and it the engine wouldn't start.  Did it yesterday once, scared the crap out of me. 

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2011, 10:54:57 PM »

It can happen.  Usually in cold weather.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012