Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:44:04 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiper review and maintenance  (Read 19710 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2009, 10:32:19 PM »

Well I bought set of michelin radius for my accord in dec. they were like 29. buck after tax and came with a 10 dollar rebate. anyways after 3-4 months of use they are sucking bad.... I mean epik streaks all over the place... So if you see them SAVE your money!!! and get some valeo, rain x laditude, or bosch icons.. if you want performance blade.

if you just want regular blade just get the refill from honda. They should save you some cash...  and change them every 6-12 months.

If anyone has any experience they want to share please post.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 10:58:22 PM »

i just got my girl Rain X (non latitude) for her tiburon. for some reasons her fuckin piaa's came loose and the clips broke...yet my piaas have been on for 10 months and i havent had a problem yet, no streak or anything

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 10:32:01 AM »

I've had pretty good luck with my Bosch Icons.  My first set had streaks on the DS wiper.  My current set is flawless.  I'm considering trying out the Rain X Lattitudes next though.  Depends on what's cheaper though.  Rain X has a promotion for a free visibility pack.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »

I have some Piaas awhile back. It last about 4 years without any streaks. I was really impressed. Then I switched to some Bosch Icons that I can get from work. First set, they streaked after 3 months. I'm on my second set of Bosch Icons. They are doing OK for now, but if they streak soon, I'm going to consider either going back to Piaas or getting Rain X latitude.
rocketstarter

Reputation Power: 3
rocketstarter pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 02:05:36 AM »

I got the RainX [non-latitude] blades on and they work almost too well?

They squeak and jump on my windshield almost as if they're grabbing it too hard but clean off all the water amazingly.

I've had them on for about a year now but they've been doing that after 3 months of use.

It sucks during downpours when you need them to clean of water quickly but you can't put them on a faster setting because they'll jump across your windshield. anybody have input on this?

“I like my coffee like I like my women. In a plastic cup.”

S60R NO MO

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 2 K
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 06:15:46 AM »

I have the Bosch Icons and they blow. A few people with Accords have problems with them just skipping over the windshield. I am planning on replacing them with the Valeos of tirerack.com

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 09:46:13 AM »

I've had the Valeos for about 5 months and they streak like crazy! I'm not the biggest fan. I think I'm going to go with the rain ex.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 05:02:24 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
I've had the Valeos for about 5 months and they streak like crazy! I'm not the biggest fan. I think I'm going to go with the rain ex.
Quote from: "wtcii"
I have the Bosch Icons and they blow. A few people with Accords have problems with them just skipping over the windshield. I am planning on replacing them with the Valeos of tirerack.com

Thanks for the review. I was thinking about those 2 also. I ono its either the wiper has problem or the accord windshield is funky??

So rain x it is

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
rjp6262

Reputation Power: 2
rjp6262 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 11:01:21 AM »

i've got valeo's and they streak. third set too because i got advanced auto to replace them if they skipped, then they found out it's the rain-x spray on the windshield. so if anyone does use it and your wipers skip, stop using rain-x! mine is just now starting to go away but i still have streaks. maybe i'll grab some rain-x latitudes.
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 04:56:25 PM »

I got the Bosch Icon for a long time now and havent had no problems whatsoever. The only issue is that the blade doesnt quite touch the bottom passenger side of the windshield when it's at rest, so when it wipes it misses that spot. I got the Rain-X Latitude for my gf E46 cuz of the free pack it comes with and she's AMAZED at how well it cleans her windshield. With the piece of shit wipers she had before, that's a big deal and improvement. So with the Icons or Latitudes you cant go wrong with either since they both look identical to me.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 02:26:34 AM »

Hey guys, haven't posted in quite some time as I've been busy with work and school...hope to get active again soon.

I've noticed my windshield wiper blades just aren't doing the job anymore, leaving streaks and not clearing the windshield properly in the rain. Anyone recommend a good wiper blade? (amazon link?)

Also, how easy/difficult is it to install wiper blades...I've never done it, but assume its not too bad. Any DIYs?

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 03:56:17 AM »

I just bought mine from Honda so I don't know any others. But about the wiper blades, I didn't know how to do it either but played with it and got it, its not hard at all.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 04:24:34 AM by Arielit0oo » Logged
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 06:40:10 AM »

Bosch icon.... please search before posting new topics. This information is already available on the site
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 01:18:18 PM »

Bosch icon.... please search before posting new topics. This information is already available on the site

I did...I couldn't find a thread about windshield wipers. Best I could find was peoples car mod lists on their profiles

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 02:27:56 PM »

Sam, I merged your topic with the previous one. It was in K-series stock maintenance. I went ahead and merged the two topics then moved them back into Exterior Styling and Maintenance, since it seemed more fitting.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012