Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:32:46 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiper review and maintenance  (Read 19709 times)
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 03:09:39 PM »

Sam, I merged your topic with the previous one. It was in K-series stock maintenance. I went ahead and merged the two topics then moved them back into Exterior Styling and Maintenance, since it seemed more fitting.

Thanks Jeff!

So any body else have some more recent recommendations? Honestly, my honda ones have been working great up until recently, I might just change out to those unless someone has a better recommmendation

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 03:31:06 PM »

I personally went and got a pair of Honda OEM wiper refills. It came out to like $16, and they work just fine.

However, I have noticed that with no matter what kind of wiper blades I use they always leave a haze behind the wipe that slowly fades. It's quite annoying.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 06:17:58 PM »

Try the 303 wiper treatments. Also I like bosch icons, and trico neoform
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 11:11:03 PM »

Sam, I have had good luck with the Bosch Icon's since they've come out.  Out of everything I have tried, those are the best performing and longest lasting.  All the others I tried didn't perform well or weren't manufactured well and didn't last longer than a month or two.  I have the Bosch Icon's on both cars sitting in my garage.  If I could get my company to let me put them on my work vehicle instead of the cheapest thing on the shelf, I would.

Jeff, good call on merging the threads.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 11:27:40 PM »

I had a pair of valeo last me 3 years , but after reading this am going to  try Bosch icon

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 11:30:26 PM »

Valeo has been on and off. I had one set that was great the second was awful.
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 11:52:54 PM »

Valeo has been on and off. I had one set that was great the second was awful.

Same thing here. I need another set soon and was contemplating switching to another type.  I might give the bosch's a try.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 12:05:44 AM »

I've had consistency issues with Valeo's also.  I tend to change my wipers once a year.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 12:29:41 AM »

Check out trico neoform if your looking for a slightly cheaper alternative to bosch. I'm using them now and they arre comprable to the bosch. Just happened to be free at the time.
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 01:10:08 AM »

Honestly, I've always just used the cheap ass Anco blades from Walmart. Definitely not the greatest but for 4 bucks a blade I can afford to replace them every 4 to 6 months. I'm probably going to try the Bosch Icons next. I've heard good things about them.

- Bobby
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 02:16:08 PM »

stopped by autozone today and took a look at all the wiper choices. The Icons look nice, but sit at the top of the price range. I think I may just buy stock oem honda ones (as those have worked very well for me). If I do go that route, do I just need new rubber inserts or is it best to just replace the whole thing?

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 02:45:11 PM »

If you still have the OEM blades, you can easily just get the inserts.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 03:17:29 PM »

If you want just the blades, the part numbers are 76622-SDA-A01 for the driver's side and 76632-SDA-A01 for the passenger's side.  They shouldn't cost more than $8.  If you're ordering online, I would recommend that you get them from Auto Fair Honda.  Just call and ask for Ryan or Rich and let them know Tim from k20a referred you and you'll get taken care of.  I can also get you an email address for one of the guys in the parts department if you want to go that route.

Tim
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 06:06:33 PM »

If you still have the OEM blades, you can easily just get the inserts.
If you want just the blades, the part numbers are 76622-SDA-A01 for the driver's side and 76632-SDA-A01 for the passenger's side.  They shouldn't cost more than $8.  If you're ordering online, I would recommend that you get them from Auto Fair Honda.  Just call and ask for Ryan or Rich and let them know Tim from k20a referred you and you'll get taken care of.  I can also get you an email address for one of the guys in the parts department if you want to go that route.

Cool thanks for the info guys.I do still have the OEM blades, however the paint has started to fade. They are still functional, but do look a little ugly. How much does it cost to replace the whole thing?  Also, an email address would be great Tim!

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 07:23:55 PM »

Like Tim's post says, about $8 apiece.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012