Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:14:35 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 194107 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #435 on: August 20, 2012, 11:46:58 PM »

Save your money dude.  Those are the entry level Focals.  You're just paying for the name at that point.  The only Focals I would get are the Utopia Be's or the K2's.  Anything below that is just a budget version that is pretty much the same quality as anything else in the price range.  Literally, you get what you pay for.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 21, 2012, 12:07:43 AM »

I am looking for something better than my
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108609CS/Infinity-Kappa-60-9cs.html?tp=106

At under $200 range... If nothing beats them in that price range I will just sit tight

Also thinking of switching to a single 5 channel amp to change out my two amps , and fix the wiring so wastes less trunk space

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: August 21, 2012, 12:23:10 AM »

Go out and listen to speakers in your price range.  Don't just go by the name.  You'll be surprised what you'll find out.  For an amp, I would suggest the Alpine PDX 5.  Best 5 channel amp I've listened to and it's pretty small.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 27, 2012, 09:43:32 PM »

Good to know, I think I will keep the speakers as is and simply upgrade the amp for the space savings, redo the wiring so it is cleaner as well.

Any recommendations for sound dampening? I am looking to dampen the two front doors and the rear deck

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: August 29, 2012, 01:54:26 AM »

B-Quiet.  They're the least expensive company for sound deadening.  You can buy direct, or save a little money on eBay.  They're also a Canadian company, so you'd be supporting your economy.

Tim
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 21, 2012, 08:02:27 AM »

Hmm so my car's audio is acting up.  When I turn the car on, the sound plays for like half a second and then I get no sound what so ever.  For the past two years, I have had one of those cheap POS chinese head units in my car.  I'm assuming the POS finally died, but how do I know for sure that is the problem?  I have an amp, capacitor, and a rockford 360 in the trunk.  How do I make sure none of these are the culprit?  I would assume since it plays for a short amount of time then dies that these are not the culprit but I'm no expert.  I'm a bit of a noob with this electronics stuff.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 21, 2012, 08:32:01 AM »

I'll bet its that cheap shit Chinese crap you got screwed with. Plus, how is your setup? Your interior speakers hooked to the Chinese crap or are they on their own amp? I can't remember everyones setup.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 21, 2012, 08:55:14 AM »

I'm pretty sure it is that as well.  At least I managed to get some use out of it before it died.  The amp is a 5 channel amp with my sub and all 4 speakers hooked up to it.  
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 21, 2012, 08:57:34 AM »

Here is a picture if that helps

ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 21, 2012, 09:35:52 AM »

Another question, if I replace the Chinese HU with a stock HU and add a single din HU in the cubby, do I need to get rid of my 360?  Is there any point in keeping it installed? 
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: September 21, 2012, 09:40:56 AM »

I good place to start is by testing your amp.  Turn your car on, and connect an MP3 player to the RCA inputs of your amp.  If you get sound, then go up the chain.  I have a feeling that it's the cheap stuff, but it's always a good idea to test instead of assume.  Hit me up if you need any suggestions or help with it.

Tim
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: September 21, 2012, 09:43:57 AM »

I was wondering why you had a 360 anyway.  Usually, people get them because they're using the OEM h/u.  I'm not sure what kind of cheap chinese h/u you have, but don't over complicate it.  The OEM h/u won't matter at all if you're planning on keeping an aftermarket one.

Tim
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 21, 2012, 09:55:22 AM »

I bought the 360 when I had just the stock HU and the USA spec Ipod thing.  When I had a shop install the Chinese POS, they said to just leave the 360 installed.  I think they were just too lazy to uninstall it.   I'd like to sell it to recoup some of the money this is going to cost me.  So I guess I'll just get rid of it. 

ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 21, 2012, 09:58:17 AM »

Turn your car on, and connect an MP3 player to the RCA inputs of your amp.  

So even if the HU is broken the sound will still play when I hook the ipod up this way?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:05:52 AM by ikethegreat » Logged
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 21, 2012, 10:01:14 AM »

I assume this one would work.  I might run to walmart on my lunch break and pick it up.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Accell-7-3.5mm-Stereo-Audio-and-RCA-Cable-For-iPod/12531490
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012