Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:58:10 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 196102 times)
Moessteezy

Names Moe

Reputation Power: 2
Moessteezy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: April 12, 2012, 05:00:29 PM »

thanks a lot tim ^ exactly what i was looking for.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 14, 2012, 11:43:05 PM »

what do you guys recommand for amp noise or radio " pop " when you turn on the car ?

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: April 14, 2012, 11:57:21 PM »

Usually a relay on the the remote turn on wire gives the amp enough of a delay that it gets rid of the "pop". 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
cna

cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 24, 2012, 05:19:57 AM »

Ok guys now i have a new issue the jl cleansweep works great but at night when i turn on my headlights i start hearing buzz "static" out my system .The static only happens when my headlights are on i guess also when the interior comes on and lights up the radio , where should i start looking ? Snice its fine when lights off , grounds maybe a cross in wires ?

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #424 on: April 24, 2012, 09:10:02 AM »

Sounds like induced noise.  Where is the JL Clean Sweep in your car?  Try it in a different location or moving away from any existing wiring.  Shoot me a text if you have any questions.  I won't be around the computer too much today.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
cna

cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 24, 2012, 01:31:02 PM »

I installed the cleansweep in the glove box am sure its from the clean sweep since when i turn down the master volume knob the static goes away am a try relocating it to see what happens pm sent

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: April 24, 2012, 11:25:02 PM »

Lemme know how that works out.  Does the buzz change in frequency with your engine RPM at all?

Tim
cna

cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 25, 2012, 01:53:57 AM »

http://s438.photobucket.com/albums/qq107/xxcnaxx/?action=view&current=VIDEO0006.mp4

Here the example turn your computer volume up , with the music playing once i turn down the volume that's the HUMMmmm static like noise i hear even during songs , i found a  temporary fix turning the dash lights up from the knob in the gauge cluster lowers the sound dramatically so  till am able to figure out whats causing it , and able to re look over the wiring from the harness . Also no the buzz stays the same even during revs

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: April 25, 2012, 10:16:43 AM »

That's induced noise.  Check the routing of your RCA's to your amps and make sure they're away from other wires.  Another thing you can do is pony up for more expensive shielded cables.  The cable routing is more effective though.  Don't run your RCA's along with other wires.  If they do cross any other electrical wiring, make sure they go across the wires.

Tim
cna

cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 08, 2012, 03:51:17 PM »

debating about installing a half din dvd player in my lower pocket would there be a single din slot that support half din install with out the gap ?

phlip96
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
phlip96 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 15, 2012, 09:38:12 AM »

Ok, I have an EX coupe with dual zone climate controls. I put in my fancy dancin aftermarket H/U in the cubby place like crutchfield says to do and hooked up all my schtuff.

The problem is, I don't like the location in the old cubby spot and I miss my burlwood fancy hideaway Smiley

The solution would be to get the adapter for the MANUAL A/C CONTROL version that puts the H/U where it belongs by removing my interface for climate controls turning them into manual knobs. I agree, it would seem a bit cheesier than our smooth looking dash and may ruin the look, but for functionality, I may suffer with it.
It is this http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120997864/Honda-Accord-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html?tp=3486

My question is, has anyone done this and what their reactions are, in fact I'll take opinions from people who have NOT done this either. I noticed in the reviews there is a delay from the knob to the actual effect..I'm not concerned with a delay. I also realize I will lose my dual climate control (i dont care)
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #431 on: July 16, 2012, 12:16:43 AM »

I wouldn't get it.  Loss of dual climate control, delay in functions, and it's fairly cheap.  I have one, and I would never buy another one for the price it's at. 

Tim
phlip96
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
phlip96 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 16, 2012, 01:14:35 AM »

Ok, thanks for your honesty Tim, I agree, the price is quite steep. I'll just get used to the location and possibly add the adapter to get my steering controls back
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: July 16, 2012, 01:52:25 AM »

That's what I would do.

Tim
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 20, 2012, 11:37:52 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Focal-Access-6-5-Inch-Component-Speaker/dp/B001P80920/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345519921&sr=8-1&keywords=Focal+Access+165A1+SG

Look good? What kind of modification required to fit this... big spacers?

A S I M O
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012