Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:10:34 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 205285 times)
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2009, 07:51:24 AM »

Quote from: "Jeff"
Quick question: the Accord EXL comes with a factory 270 watt speaker system, correct? I have to admit that my factory audio system is badass (i'm no audiophile), and it's a hell of a lot better than the factory Bose system in my mom's Tahoe.

I was sure its 180watt not 270. Mine is terrible.

Bose in my I30 was worlds better than this  :sad:

A S I M O
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2009, 09:49:28 AM »

Well, I found some more specs from Honda's website, and according to it, the EX has a 120 watt system, so I don't know what the EXL would have.

clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2009, 02:14:58 PM »

I would consider myself an audiophile -- and honestly, the stock stereo on my EX is not half bad. I've heard aftermarket systems that are worse than our stock systems.  The midrange could be cleaner, and bass a little tighter...but it works as my DD.

If the EX has a 120W system I would assume the EXL is the same.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2009, 03:08:40 PM »

^I always thought that until I upgraded it. I only spent about $500.00 and it is sooo much better. Im sure it could be much better than what it is now if I would get a sub and amp my speaker, but I cant because of my parents.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2009, 04:18:49 PM »

Yeah, I'm completely fine with my system; I listen to mainly hard rock and classic rock, so I'd rather not fork out the hundreds of dollars on subwoofers and stuff. The only problem I have with my factory audio system right now is that the front door panels rattle a little, and the front door speakers distort faster than the tweeters and deck speakers at higher volumes.

clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2009, 04:37:31 PM »

I will probably replace my OEM speakers one day....but thats about it.  When I bought this car I decided it was going to be a performance oriented car...not a club on wheels. My last car had a 15" sub in the trunk that could induce vertigo....not only do you lose your trunk....well made audio gear is HEAVY.  I sure my old sub with the MDF enclosure weighed 100lbs.
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2009, 04:58:59 PM »

Quote from: "clapton924"
I will probably replace my OEM speakers one day....but thats about it.  When I bought this car I decided it was going to be a performance oriented car...not a club on wheels. My last car had a 15" sub in the trunk that could induce vertigo....not only do you lose your trunk....well made audio gear is HEAVY.  I sure my old sub with the MDF enclosure weighed 100lbs.

I'm not buying a sub Smiley maybe eventually if the bass isn't enough for me

A S I M O
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2009, 05:36:23 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Quote from: "Asim"
What size would you recommend I run for the power cable so that I can run only one? What size if I run two wires?

Unless you're running huge power for an SPL system, you only need one run of power cable.  I can't tell you what size power cable to run if I don't know the total current draw of your amplifiers.  Answer that question first and then I can answer yours.

I am going to be running:

1x Infinity 475a (90w RMS x 4    @ 2ohm)       reccomends 4 gauge wire
2x Infinity 60.9CS
2x Infinity 69.29I

At most in the future I would upgrade to a 400w RMS amp with a Kappa 12" subwoofer and nothing more.

I will run one wire, and a distribution thing to send to each amp.

A S I M O
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2009, 07:10:35 PM »

How do these last 5 posts have anything to do with Q & A? Could you guys post this kind of stuff somewhere else?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2009, 12:19:58 AM »

Asim, I asked for the current draw of the amps you plan on running.  I'm not going to start looking up specs of model numbers.

+1 to what Z said.  What the fuck is that bullshit?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2009, 12:02:19 PM »

I have a question... I have 2 12 inch subs hooked up to a RF amp, it seems that 1 sub hits harder than the other why is that?

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Fenix

Reputation Power: 4
Fenix pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2009, 12:21:47 PM »

How difficult is it to remove the rear seats? Because id like to custom a fiberglass/CF panel for the sub to point into the car.
Also if anyone knows of anyone else who has done this id like to see pics of the finished product

Quote from: timot_one
I'll let you guys know that I can only tolerate so much douchebaggery
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2009, 09:40:54 PM »

Quote from: "CrazyCreashunz"
I have a question... I have 2 12 inch subs hooked up to a RF amp, it seems that 1 sub hits harder than the other why is that?

That's not enough information Billy.  Are these the same subs, and you just got a 2nd sub and added it?  Is the dual sub enclosure built to the same spec as the single sub enclosure?  How is the amp wired?  These are all things that could make a difference.  In theory, all things being equal, you should have a +3 dB increase in output from your subwoofers.

Quote from: "Fenix"
How difficult is it to remove the rear seats? Because id like to custom a fiberglass/CF panel for the sub to point into the car.
Also if anyone knows of anyone else who has done this id like to see pics of the finished product

It's actually pretty easy.  I think it's like 2 bolts that holds your seat back in the sedan.  The coupe shouldn't be much harder to remote.  Take a look at the exploded picture of your back seat on a site like hondaautomotiveparts or something.  That might help you gain a better understanding of how everything is assembled.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »

I really could use an aftermarket radio, I am fucking sick of the terrible settings on the OEM radio. The two things that I want are 5/6 pre amp outputs and hd radio capable, but preferably built in. Ive been looking at the jvc kd-r800 and  alpine cda-9884. Do you have any recommendations?

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2009, 12:36:10 PM »

Alpine over JVC.  There are really only 2 popular aftermarket receivers that I would use.  Alpine and Eclipse.  Eclipse head units are a bit over complicated.  My MECP teacher, who is a MECP master installer, admitted that he had trouble setting the clock on his Eclipse h/u.  Of course, he's a bit old school, so it could be the fact that he's not as up to date on newer technology.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012