Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:27:44 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 205296 times)
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2009, 11:26:14 PM »

Do we need some sort of antenna extension cable to hook up to aftermarket deck (when using Lower Cubby kit)?

A S I M O
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2009, 11:43:29 PM »

Speaking of HD radio, is there any way of integrating that into the factory navi? I remember looking at Crutchfield, but they didn't have anything.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2009, 12:11:15 AM »

Quote from: "Asim"
Do we need some sort of antenna extension cable to hook up to aftermarket deck (when using Lower Cubby kit)?

I haven't needed to use one for my h/u.  You may need to free the antenna from the clips that are holding it in place so you have extra slack.  You can buy an extension if you really want to though.

Quote from: "Jeff"
Speaking of HD radio, is there any way of integrating that into the factory navi? I remember looking at Crutchfield, but they didn't have anything.

You won't be able to "integrate" a HD radio with your OEM h/u in the true sense of the word.  If you can get a 3rd party add on HD radio tuner, then you can add it to your OEM h/u with something like the USA Spec adapter with the AUX input.  IMHO, it's not worth it.  The factory h/u isn't that great, and adding shit to it only gives you another audio source.  Unless it's truly integrated in the h/u, it's a waste.  That's why I knew I didn't need a navi.  I didn't want to waste the money on a feature that wouldn't provide all the features I wanted, yet I would feel bad about getting rid of because it was so expensive.  IMHO, the factory navi is good enough for people that think the factory radio is good enough.  If it's not, I strongly recommend an all aftermarket system.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2009, 09:34:10 PM »

Anyone have a schematic of the pinout for the connector for Navigation equipped accords?

I want to make sure my y-cable wires match up to OEM so that I don't kill anything

A S I M O
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2009, 11:50:13 PM »

If running multiple amps is it best to run a common ground using a distribution block and then from there to chassis?

Or should an individual ground per amp be used instead?

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2009, 09:04:01 AM »

Quote from: "Asim"
If running multiple amps is it best to run a common ground using a distribution block and then from there to chassis?

Or should an individual ground per amp be used instead?

It is common practice to run ground from all amps to a distribution block, and then to a common ground.  That is how my system is set up.  Having multiple grounds can create a voltage differential and can cause ground loops.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
SuB-CoNsCiOuS
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
SuB-CoNsCiOuS pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2009, 12:35:42 PM »

This hasn't been asked yet so I'll post it here instead of my thread in the audio Section.  I have a 10" sub in a ported box, and an alpine Mono amp.  I will be hooking this up to the factory deck using a LOC.

My question is, how do I make sure the amp does not stay on all the time?  I know there is a wire or something I need to run so that the amp shuts off.  Don't I have to splice into one of the factory wires?
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2009, 12:40:33 PM »

It may help if you provide the model of the LOC your using as different apllications may handle this differently.
SuB-CoNsCiOuS
Fucking Newb

SuB-CoNsCiOuS pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2009, 01:14:57 PM »

Alright.  Well I haven't bought one yet but I might just go with a generic one such as:

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-SLC4-Spea ... B000BFL52Q
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2009, 01:19:15 PM »

I believe that modle that you have linked to requires a signal from a factory amplifier which i'm pretty sure our accords don't have also please remember you get what you pay for.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2009, 01:34:19 PM »

Honestly, it depends on the amp that you're using.  Hell, you could use certain Alpine mono subwoofer amps with speaker level inputs instead of using a LOC.  As far as the remote turn on, if your amp does not have an auto sensing turn on, you will need to tap a wire in your OEM harness for your remote turn on.  I would recommend that you tap the 12v wire on one of your cigarette lighter plugs.

Tim
SuB-CoNsCiOuS
Fucking Newb

SuB-CoNsCiOuS pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2009, 01:36:08 PM »

I know, I'm just tight on funds and want to pick up a generic line output converter (emphasizing "for now").  Can you recommend a generic LOC (one that requires you to tap into the rear speakers to get a signal)?

Thanks for the replies guys!  Sorry for the lack of info.

If it helps, the amp is an Alpine MRP-M350.  Here's the link:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500MRPM350 ... _and_specs

So, it has speaker level inputs.  I read somewhere that using speaker level inputs on an amp significantly deteriorates the sound quality.  Will using a LOC be better than using the speaker level inputs?
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2009, 01:59:37 PM »

question....

so on the back of my cd player i have an AUX output.... i bought the box that connects to this AUX output allowing me to run both XM radio as well as a red and white RCA (i run my rca's to a male connector for my ipod nano)
sorta like this
http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... sa=title#p

when i make a hard left... or accelerate hard
my ipod cuts out for a few seconds and once i complete the turn or let off the gas it crackles back into the music

i thought this just a loose connection so i popped out my cd player...checked all my connections... checked my AUX box where my red and white RCA's plug into... everything seems good.

do you think this is getting heavy interference from the other wires going to my amp?

left side of car = power wire with 60amp fuse (i think)
right side of car = remote turn on + RCAs to amp

not sure if i dealing with just a faulty wire, or what
this ONLY happens when im using the ipod in AUX mode.... so im thinking there might be interference of some sort...
what do you guys think?

try getting another rca to male connection?
faulty box?

pain in the ass.... so annoying for yur music to cut out while making turns

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2009, 02:02:47 PM »

Quote from: "SuB-CoNsCiOuS"
So, it has speaker level inputs.  I read somewhere that using speaker level inputs on an amp significantly deteriorates the sound quality.  Will using a LOC be better than using the speaker level inputs?

I've only heard that with regards to mids and highs. Since you're planning on running a couple of subs, I wouldn't worry about it. If you do plan on keeping your OEM HU, think about going with a unit like the JL Clean Sweep. There's been talks about it in this very thread. If you want to upgrade your HU, then the world is your oyster.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 02:24:45 PM by CrackerTeg » Logged

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
SuB-CoNsCiOuS
Fucking Newb

SuB-CoNsCiOuS pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2009, 02:10:28 PM »

I do want to upgrade my HU... though due to recent events I'll have to push that plan further into the future.  I've looked into the CleanSweep and the AudioControl LC6.  They're pretty pricey for my situation.  I just want a generic LOC for the time being.  I want to test it out and see if I like it (for now)... if it sucks I'll rip it all out until I get an Alpine in-dash touch screen. LOL
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012