Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:33:18 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 203168 times)
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2009, 04:42:45 PM »

For the center cable is it concealed or does it go right over that hump or inside it?

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2009, 04:54:26 PM »

It's between the carpet floor.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2009, 04:57:37 PM »

What size would you recommend I run for the power cable so that I can run only one? What size if I run two wires?

A S I M O
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2009, 07:46:06 PM »

Can someone recommend a component system for the front in which the new tweeter would fit stealth in the stock tweet location.

I am thinking about the following speakers:

Polk DB
Infinity Reference
Alpine Type S
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2009, 09:34:31 PM »

I'm actually trying to find a suitable location to run my power cable. I've looked for grommets in the engine bay and can't find any good ones. Honda's used to have a plethora of grommets but it seems they've done away with most of them. I've seen how others have run their cables in the automatics, but it won't work for me since their run just happens to be where my clutch master cyl is.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2009, 10:12:04 PM »

I have Polk Audio Coaxial speakers and I like them a lot, dont know if that helps.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2009, 02:47:54 PM »

Quote from: "Asim"
What size would you recommend I run for the power cable so that I can run only one? What size if I run two wires?

Unless you're running huge power for an SPL system, you only need one run of power cable.  I can't tell you what size power cable to run if I don't know the total current draw of your amplifiers.  Answer that question first and then I can answer yours.

Quote from: "clapton924"
Can someone recommend a component system for the front in which the new tweeter would fit stealth in the stock tweet location.

I am thinking about the following speakers:

Polk DB
Infinity Reference
Alpine Type S

I've fit a set of the Alpine Type R's in the stock tweeter location.  I'm sure you can get those to fit if you're somewhat handy.

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
I'm actually trying to find a suitable location to run my power cable. I've looked for grommets in the engine bay and can't find any good ones. Honda's used to have a plethora of grommets but it seems they've done away with most of them. I've seen how others have run their cables in the automatics, but it won't work for me since their run just happens to be where my clutch master cyl is.

There's a grommet that you can use on the firewall.  It's to the left of the steering column.  It goes into one of the "frame rails".  I route power wire through there and out a hole that's below the fuse box in the engine bay.  I'll show you when I come down for the BBQ.  If you have time for a quick rendezvous this weekend, I will be in LI on Saturday.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2009, 03:07:02 PM »

Thank you Tim for the opening to use. If you hadn't said anything, I would have never known. I don't think I'll be able to ride out this weekend because I have a friend coming up from Miami to chill.

Also, now that you mentioned that opening, I just might have my sub and amp installed before the BBQ. Maybe even have a fiberglass box in there as well. (If I don't fuck it up like that phone/ MP3 holder I tried making a while back.)

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2009, 03:10:34 PM »

If you need help with that, just let me know.  I'm glad to give assistance.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2009, 03:27:09 PM »

I'm sure I'll be shooting you texts or some shit when I start the glass project. I have a pretty good understanding of it, just don't have the experience with it.

CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2009, 06:23:47 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"

There's a grommet that you can use on the firewall.  It's to the left of the steering column.  It goes into one of the "frame rails".  I route power wire through there and out a hole that's below the fuse box in the engine bay.  I'll show you when I come down for the BBQ.  If you have time for a quick rendezvous this weekend, I will be in LI on Saturday.

+1 that's where mine is, Holla! It's a tight squeeze to get to from inside the car. I would recommend using a metal hanger and taping the power wire to it and get it thru the hole. It's better thru here since the battery is on that side.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 06:27:16 PM by CrazyCreashunz » Logged

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2009, 06:25:47 PM »

That's exactly why I want to go through this one Billy. Besides, the less power wire used, the less amount of current drop due to the length of the run.

Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2009, 06:42:29 PM »

Got any pics for that rail? would be nice to see how to get at it Cheesy

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2009, 11:24:58 PM »

Yeah, I have no pics, but I'm sure someone else can take 'em for ya.

Tim
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2009, 11:30:54 PM »

Quick question: the Accord EXL comes with a factory 270 watt speaker system, correct? I have to admit that my factory audio system is badass (i'm no audiophile), and it's a hell of a lot better than the factory Bose system in my mom's Tahoe.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012