Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:13:44 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio/Video Q&A Thread  (Read 205723 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2009, 02:29:26 PM »

Quote from: "SuB-CoNsCiOuS"
I do want to upgrade my HU... though due to recent events I'll have to push that plan further into the future.  I've looked into the CleanSweep and the AudioControl LC6.  They're pretty pricey for my situation.  I just want a generic LOC for the time being.  I want to test it out and see if I like it (for now)... if it sucks I'll rip it all out until I get an Alpine in-dash touch screen. LOL

Well, at least you plan on upgrading your HU. The CleanSweep and LC6 are generally meant for use with an OEM HU. If you plan on upgrading your HU anyway, don't bother looking at those. You can easily get away with running an LOC for the mean time to have a little more fill on the low end. Its what I plan on doing as soon as I get off my lazy ass and install it. Like Tim said, use your cig lighter or AUX power in your armrest to get your remote turn on. The only drawback to this is your amp will be on while your key is turned. HTH.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2009, 03:55:37 PM »

So, it has speaker level inputs.  I read somewhere that using speaker level inputs on an amp significantly deteriorates the sound quality.  Will using a LOC be better than using the speaker level inputs?

No.  That's incorrect.  A LOC and speaker level input on an amp are the same thing.  Stop taking advice from wherever you got that garbage from.  Anyway, you're adding a sub to an OEM system using the rear speakers as the source signal.  How good do you really expect the sound quality to be?  You'd be wasting more money if you bought that POS LOC (or any LOC in this case).  Since you're low on cash, buying a LOC would be a bad decision.  But, it's your money, do whatever you want with it.

Quote from: "NWINNIE34"
so on the back of my cd player i have an AUX output....

That's actually an input.  The output is from your iPod box thingy.

when i make a hard left... or accelerate hard
my ipod cuts out for a few seconds and once i complete the turn or let off the gas it crackles back into the music

Does it only happen with your iPod, or does it happen with any other sources like your XM, FM radio, or CDs?

To me, it sounds like a shitty install (no offense) instead of faulty equipment.  Just my opinion, but as I've said before, what the hell do I know?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
SuB-CoNsCiOuS
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
SuB-CoNsCiOuS pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2009, 04:10:34 PM »

On the contrary... I don't expect the sound to be "good" at all.  But "good" to you may mean something different than "good" to me correct?  To each their own... besides... I seriously don't expect much lol.  This is more or less an experiment for me to tell you the truth.  And no, I am in no hurry to purchase a LOC, believe me.  If I don't need one I'd rather not get one.  As for my sources?  Sorry, I guess I sometimes recall reading something somewhere briefly, and then ask you guys for clarification.

Thanks for your advice/suggestions Tim and everyone else!
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2009, 04:21:01 PM »

when i make a hard left... or accelerate hard
my ipod cuts out for a few seconds and once i complete the turn or let off the gas it crackles back into the music

Quote from: "timot_one"
Does it only happen with your iPod, or does it happen with any other sources like your XM, FM radio, or CDs?

To me, it sounds like a shitty install (no offense) instead of faulty equipment.  Just my opinion, but as I've said before, what the hell do I know?

as far as the install... its connecting that box to the AUX input...the connecting the red and white rca to the box, and the rest is just plugging it into a cell phone or ipod
nothing complicated, nothing to really mess up.

it ONLY happens with the IPOD... everything else is fine
makes me think its either the box or the wire connecting to the box since its ipod only...
im going to try and get a new rca -> male connection and see if that helps
just wondering if anyone had experienced the same problem

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2009, 04:26:34 PM »

Why don't you try something else with a headphone jack? Instead of buying a new cable, plug in something else and see if it does it. It could be your ipod for all you know.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2009, 04:32:37 PM »

i did.... my blackberry does the same thing
its a cheap wire... and a good one to have anyway... good for hooking yur ipod to any stereo on yur travels
just is odd to me that its only when i turn hard left and accelerate hard

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2009, 04:34:06 PM »

That answers your question then bro. Time for a new cable.

Another thing, it may be that the actual contacts of that 3.5mm jack are a bit worn and not sitting snug in your ipod or any device for that matter. Definitely hang on to it for traveling like you say. Its always nice to have extra lying around.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2009, 04:35:28 PM »

On the contrary... I don't expect the sound to be "good" at all.  But "good" to you may mean something different than "good" to me correct?

Good always means something different to me when compared to everyone else. :lol:

You asked for advice, and I gave it.  You can do what you want with it, because I know very little when it comes to stereos.  Just remember one thing, I tend to start ignoring people that are looking for validation disguised as asking for advice.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2009, 04:39:27 PM »

Good always means something different to me when compared to everyone else. :lol:

Just remember one thing, I tend to start ignoring people that are looking for validation disguised as asking for advice.

I've seen it happen.

SuB-CoNsCiOuS
Fucking Newb

SuB-CoNsCiOuS pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2009, 07:26:38 PM »

Just remember one thing, I tend to start ignoring people that are looking for validation disguised as asking for advice.

And here I thought I was trying pretty hard to avoid any hostilities.  I was genuinely thanking you for your advice man.  I know you know your shit when it comes to car audio.  And I assure you, I was not trying to disguise anything bro... I was merely pointing out that I sometimes seek clarification "Sub-Consciously" (see what I did there?) because of all the info floating around in my head (whether valid, or invalid).  

In any case, I'll be more careful next time.  Last thing I want to do is get on the bad side of an Admin (especially one who's helping me). Sorry!

*Note there is no sarcasm in any of the above* lol...
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2009, 08:05:35 PM »

And here I thought I was trying pretty hard to avoid any hostilities.  I was genuinely thanking you for your advice man.  I know you know your shit when it comes to car audio.  And I assure you, I was not trying to disguise anything bro... I was merely pointing out that I sometimes seek clarification "Sub-Consciously" (see what I did there?) because of all the info floating around in my head (whether valid, or invalid).  

In any case, I'll be more careful next time.  Last thing I want to do is get on the bad side of an Admin (especially one who's helping me). Sorry!

*Note there is no sarcasm in any of the above* lol...

Don't worry dude. Its just a warning. He's only saying that because he's given people advice and after the research or whatever he did to help those people out, they turned around and did whatever they wanted anyway. They were looking for validation. Tim didn't want anything to do with it. I'd be the same way. If I bent over backwards to help somebody out, and they didn't at least use a small part of what I gave them, it'd piss me off. That's pretty much what Tim is getting at.

SuB-CoNsCiOuS
Fucking Newb

SuB-CoNsCiOuS pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2009, 08:10:57 PM »

Ahh ok, I guess you're right.  That would be pretty annoying!  Thanks for clarifying =)  

Sorry for the garbage posts.  Let's get back on topic, haha!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2009, 11:55:16 PM »

Yeah.  It's just that I've studied this shit, I am a licensed installer, I trouble shoot home theater systems and other audio products for a living, and I've been an audio enthusiast since I was a kid.  Ask anyone that's sat in my car, and you'll realize that I take this stuff very seriously because there is a LOT of bad information online and myths spread by people that don't know any better.  I just want to try and use some of my education and training to help other people and get rid of that crap others spread.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: July 18, 2009, 09:56:57 AM »

Yeah.  It's just that I've studied this shit, I am a licensed installer, I trouble shoot home theater systems and other audio products for a living, and I've been an audio enthusiast since I was a kid.  Ask anyone that's sat in my car, and you'll realize that I take this stuff very seriously because there is a LOT of bad information online and myths spread by people that don't know any better.  I just want to try and use some of my education and training to help other people and get rid of that crap others spread.
I've sat in Tim's car, and his audio is unbelieveable. Literally one of the cleanest sounding systems i've ever heard. Take his advice, and do it right the first time, and you will be happy.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 18, 2009, 10:08:27 AM »

I've also sat in this man's car, and all I can say is, "Holy fucking shit!" The sound produced from those speakers is amazing. It literally feels like you're at a concert. I honestly have never heard a car audio system sound this good.

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
I've sat in Tim's car, and his audio is unbelieveable. Literally one of the cleanest sounding systems i've ever heard. Take his advice, and do it right the first time, and you will be happy.

Couldn't have said it better.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012