Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:51:09 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only CAI/SRI Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 66731 times)
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2012, 06:35:15 PM »

^^ Thanks Chris!!  Yeah, I already have the TSX IM and P2R IM gasket (not installed  Cool), but would also like to do the P2R TB spacer with a new P2R gasket at the connection point to the IM.

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2012, 07:01:31 PM »

cool... i have TSX IM and the gaskets, i want to put the spacer, when you find out if the TSX spacer works let me know
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: March 06, 2012, 07:42:59 PM »

I honesty don't think that a TB spacer would do much of anything for a stock Accord motor.  You can't really compare the results from an '06 Si and expect the same gains.  I'd also like to see a dyno graph comparing the motor with and without the spacer.  I just don't believe it when there are claims of gains without proof.  The only benefit I see to having a TB spacer is for a port for a nitrous fogger or water methanol nozzle.  Those things are a waste of money.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2012, 11:46:27 AM »

^^ Very good point Tim.  Thanks.

@Chris- Would your friend be able to provide Dyno graphs/printouts of the test he conducted for the Accord TB spacer?

Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 07, 2012, 12:06:16 PM »

Sure if e doesn't have one, I'll dyno mine
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: March 07, 2012, 12:15:57 PM »

That would provide conclusive info.  If you're serious, I would suggest that you dyno the car, install the TB spacer, then dyno again in the same day.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 07, 2012, 02:43:45 PM »

Sure if e doesn't have one, I'll dyno mine
That would provide conclusive info.  If you're serious, I would suggest that you dyno the car, install the TB spacer, then dyno again in the same day.
... Looking forward to this.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 07, 2012, 05:09:08 PM »

Do remember to get conclusive results, you need at least three pulls to get a good average. There's always slight differences between dyno pulls.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2014, 02:15:46 PM »

Thread bump !
I'm looking to replace my home made short ram with a CAI.
My choice so far is leaning for Injen with the RD1680BLK.

I like the fact that it has a short ram mode (ideal for winter in Canada) and has a 3 in piping. It is also available in black, which is a plus for me since I don't like the shiny chrome ones. Other thing, it's almost 100$ cheaper than the K&N (my second choice).

Do you guys think this is a good choice ?
Last reviews on CAI ( except the fujita) are from 2009.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2014, 02:40:02 PM »

Injen makes quality stuff. My brother had one on his old 240 and the firmament was spot on. As for gains, they're all about the same. A metal tube with a filter on the end. Not much difference.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2014, 02:58:28 PM »

according to this shootout, you are wrong  laugh

https://www.heeltoeauto.com/tech-articles/intake-shootout-04-08-acura-tsx.html

but I get your point, any good filter, on a smooth interior piping, will make similar results.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 12, 2014, 11:49:46 AM »

I've been wrong before. Not worried about it.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012