Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:36:38 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only CAI/SRI Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 66227 times)
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 04, 2011, 12:14:55 PM »

the filter itself says K&N, the rubber "cap" says AEM. it's a dry element though.

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 07, 2011, 02:15:27 PM »

I have a k&n typhoon CAI (the one that also converts to a SRI) and it came with a water-resistant sock that goes over the filter, I have driven through some massive puddles (my area is know for flooding :p) and never had any issues. The filter seems pretty well protected in the fenderwell. I can't see you hydro-locking your motor unless you try going 4-wheeling with your car or something lol!
But if your dead set on a SRI then I suggest just getting some tubing from eBay for like $40 and making your own.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2011, 02:17:02 PM »

Considering there's a ton of people that have hydrolocked with OEM setups (including my wife's old TL), it'll happen.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Rushzer0

Rushzer0 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2011, 03:20:47 PM »

Considering there's a ton of people that have hydrolocked with OEM setups (including my wife's old TL), it'll happen.
That sucks about your wife's car :/ and ya hydrolock can happen on any vehicle you just have to submerge the point of entry for air on any intake system and boom! I do drive cautiously though and try to avoid any REALLY deep puddles, but you can't avoid em all there are precautions that can be taken though bypass valves, hydro shields etc...
Sorry for derailing the thread a lil...I can say the k&n is a pretty good SRI (I convert it in the winter for obvious reasons) but I would suggest a heat shield for best gains, Kseries are sensitive to temperature
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2011, 04:25:37 PM »

Actually, we saved it. Then we traded it in 4 months later for her current RDX.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pandapocalypse

Pandapocalypse pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 04, 2011, 01:35:51 PM »

*UPDATE* Well I wienered out of making my own intake and picked up a used aem sri for about the same price as I would have paid for materials to try making my own.  Obviously not a real noticeable difference, but she looks pretty and I can finally say I've begun to cave to the mod bug lol.  Install was nice and easy...except for that front resonator mounting bolt.  A pox upon whoever put that there.

Here's a finished product shot:
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2011, 01:53:26 PM »

FYI, I just lumped all of the CAI/SRI threads into one thread.  Please post any questions, comments, or advice in here instead of creating a new thread.  Thank you.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Armyguy239

Doc

Reputation Power: 11
Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2011, 01:18:02 AM »

this means no MAF right?
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2011, 01:29:13 AM »

I don't believe I see one.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Armyguy239

Doc

Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2011, 01:31:31 AM »

ok... thanks tim. also, will a tsx intake fit ours? engine bay looks exactly the same
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2011, 01:44:37 AM »

The chassis is slightly different.  It will probably fit, but there's a chance it may not clear something because of the difference in chassis designs.

Tim
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2012, 05:00:41 PM »

I didn't want to start a new thread, since this will be somewhat related.

First, is any throttle body spacer worth purchasing (i.e. has it been proven to provide any performance gains whatsoever, even if marginal)?  If yes, what manufacturers and part numbers would be recommended (i.e. Helix, P2R, etc.)?  Thanks!

I would plan to pair this with a TSX IM and some sort of aftermarket intake (SRI or CAI, unsure on what one just yet).  Or just the OEM intake less the resonator  Grin
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 05:02:18 PM by HEcreated487 » Logged

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
Armyguy239

Doc

Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2012, 05:05:03 PM »

im not sure about the other company's but i know the owner of p2r personally, and he dyno tests all the parts he sells..
HEcreated487

HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2012, 05:38:19 PM »

Thanks AG (sorry, don't know your actual name Smiley)!!  Based on the P2R website,

"Increase horsepower and torque with this 3/4 inch throttle body spacer. Tests on a 06 Civic Si  produced a 4.5 horsepower gain at the wheels! Our spacer comes equipped with a 1/8th inch NPT threaded port at the bottom that can be used as an extra vacuum port or nitrous. Includes extended bolts, plug, and is anodized for a brilliant show-quality look."

Apparently there are some benefits    Now, just wondering what the exact part number is...  Ebay shows P325-1627 for the '03-'05 Accord.  The P2R website shows P325B for the 04-05 Acura TSX.  Are they one in the same or interchangeable?  I am noob.  BTW, does the spacer include new gaskets or would they need to be purchase separately?  From the description, it seems that the gaskets are not included....

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
Armyguy239

Doc

Armyguy239 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2012, 06:07:51 PM »

no they're seperate, I have the TB & plenum gaskets, which are ALOT thicker than the oem gaskets...you can also get the gasket that goes to the head if you want, i didnt get it..
heres what mine look like,  the plenum gasket is a tiny bit thicker than the TB gasket

I believe the 04-05 tsx should work.. if not give sean a call, and ask him...i believe his number is on the site..and lemme know when you find out, i was thinking about going next friday to pick a spacer up too lol
and its chris btw Smiley

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:13:07 PM by Armyguy239 » Logged
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012