Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:40:12 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear brake contact  (Read 25769 times)
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2012, 10:11:07 PM »

Its how Honda designed their braking system. It has to do with the proportiong valve. It sends more pressure to the rear so that way when you hard brake, you dont go nose diving. Its common for your rear brakes to wear out faster then your fronts. This was the case way back when the 7th Gens first came out. Everyone was getting their pads replaced under warranty due to it only lasting less then 25k. My stock rear pads only lasted to 19k miles before it was down to 1mm of pad thickness.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2012, 10:22:11 PM »

And I nailed it. Woohoo!

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2012, 10:44:14 PM »

Thanks Thien. I was gonna buy new calipers on my next brake job. You saved me some dough.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2012, 10:44:21 PM »

And there is your hard evidence Z. All newer Honda with integrated e-brake calipers will wear the rear pads down first before the fronts. The only exception is rear drum setup and or Honda's with e-brake shoes and no integrated e-brake calipers. Then the fronts wear down first for those who dont have the integrated e-brake calipers.
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2012, 10:47:44 PM »

Thanks Thien. I was gonna buy new calipers on my next brake job. You saved me some dough.

No problem at all. I highly suggest keeping your slide pins lubricated. A sign of a worn slide pin is if you notice the outboard pad wearing down faster then the inboard. Vice versa, if you see an inboard pad wear down first, the caliper is seizing up.

Also, always make sure you have clean brake fluid. Over time, brake fluid can collect copper contaminant, and it can travel throughout your brake system causing seals in the calipers to wear down and or seize the pistons in the calipers.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012