Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:07:10 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear brake contact  (Read 25620 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 12:23:59 PM »

Oh ok good aha! I know some people make their living off sales. I just didn't want to take food off anyones table, so to speak. Brand is DNS they are rebuilt semi loaded calipers. The grand total is a staggering $866.62 taxes in. But $260 of that is core charges, so $606.62 with your cores (if you can find some ruined legend calipers from a junkyard to give us for cores or something) or if you can't locate legend cores it's $716.62 :/ kinda pricey I'm sure I can get a better price if I talk to the manager (the person I went to for the quote is a tight ass and didn't apply any sort of discount :p), and maybe work something out with shipping.

Holy shit parts are expensive in Canada... I'd take Accords back as cores on legends.
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 01:19:05 PM »

Ya it's pricey for stuff here :p like I said though I can talk to the manager maybe knock a good chunk off that. The counter person wouldn't use my discount, but the manager might allow it. My price was around $560 taxes in
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 08:57:18 PM »

Thanks for the price. Definitely high but sadly we get rocked in Canada.

I'll drive down to Buffalo for a deal Wink

@Mike, which brand were you quoting prices on?

Again... everyone has been a great help

A S I M O
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »

I think Fenco reman's are the only ones I could get my hands on.
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2011, 08:53:02 PM »

make sure you align the cross on piston the right way. if you didnt before there is a chance why it wasnt working correctly

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2011, 10:12:36 PM »

^Good point.  You need to make sure the little dimple in the pad is in that "slot" in the piston.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2012, 08:24:40 PM »

Long update.... Mechanic checked out the rears today

Rear caliper he said probably needs replacing, pads and rotors have to go as well

Front pads and rotors are good...

Do I need to replace pads or rotors on all four corners?

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2012, 08:55:03 PM »

If the front rotors and pads are good, then there's no need to replace them.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »

I'm also in the same boat here. I replaced my front and rear brakes summer 2010, the fronts are wearing fine, the rears have concentric rust rings on the rotors. About 2 months ago I took the rear calipers off, and the slide pins were stuck. I cleaned them off, lubed them up, and re installed. After driving a couple of days, I checked the rear rotors, and the rust rings were getting worn off. I thought I had fixed the problem. Now 2 months later, the problem has returned. Maybe I just need to really lube them up again. Is it worth replacing the slide pins or anything?

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2012, 09:57:08 PM »

You can get the pins pretty cheap. The design of the calipers is poor to say the least.
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2012, 11:37:56 PM »

You may also want to check the rubber boot that covers the slide pin. If it isnt fully sealed off, water and other dirt/debris can seap inside causing the pins to seize up.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2012, 12:19:39 PM »

I replaced all my rear sliding pin and boot. Those pin also wear out over time.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2012, 12:43:11 AM »

i has same issue on my driver side one , what has worked for me was changing the brake lines to stainless steels ones . after going through  3 pairs of calipers i notice that my rear line had too much play when they get hot ,getting spongy and causing the caliper not to work properly

Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2012, 11:27:21 PM »

Anyways update... I bought locally rebuilt OEM calipers
Got them installed with new rear pads and rotors

Now my brake pedal is soft. Braking is good and a lot better if I stomp, but I have to press more than I used to

Shop was saying either the new calipers had a problem or the master cylinder is toast... thoughts? They were leaning to the master cylinder

A S I M O
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2012, 11:34:48 PM »

Sounds odd if the issue wasn't there before I would lean toward what they just changed. That or some air in the lines.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012