Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:43:54 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil Catch Can DIY [OBX-RCT003]  (Read 23516 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2009, 10:50:27 PM »

Are you able to stuff anything inside the cans, or are they pretty much closed off? I'm really tempted to get one of these catch cans after seeing the shit in my injector base. The runners were like black. After I get a catch can installed, I think I'm going to do a cleanup of my car. Clean the blow-by in the TB and IM, clean the MAF, etc.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2009, 11:01:21 PM »

You can't "stuff" anything in them.  If you can justify spending the money, go ahead and get one.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2009, 11:05:21 PM »

Alright, thanks Tim. I was thinking of using the stainless steel scrub things to put in the can, but it's no big deal. Better than nothing. I can't wait to do this. :P

Autodesigner3
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2010, 02:01:56 AM »

so both of these setups are correct(the first one and http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9636/dscn2087n.jpg)? which one should i do cause i just got this same catch can and was going to install it for the intake side?
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2010, 08:21:09 AM »

I believe the one that goes into the intake manifold is "more correct" because the majority of the blow-by goes through there. In other words, you're going to catch more oil on that setup rather than the other one on the intake side.

Autodesigner3
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2010, 10:14:17 AM »

alright that's what I figured..thanks....wish it wasn't snowing so i could install this
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2010, 10:45:13 AM »

Had a nice long weekend with the K24

Installed Hondata Heatshield Gasket , P2R intake manifold gasket, painted my intake manifold, and installed my OBX oil catch can.....  (intake manifold position)

Installation is a breeze, mounting the catch can is a little tricky, i protected my one hose and attached it to that.... the can sorta sits perfect in that little area near the radiator.... doesnt move at all
tubing was a breeze, just a few hose clamps (which i plan to clean up) and it worked out great

10-15 miles on it so far and my bottom tube is already brown (showing signs of oil vapors being caught)
as you can see behind my injector plate area was pretty oily and dirty, runners were oily, injector runners were oily.... so hopefully the catch can will cut down on this issue

Before:

Intake Mani - Off

Paint intake Mani -

Take off injector plate and gasket - OILY !!!

Bought 3' of Tubing from home depot and hooked up my OBX Oil catch can - i used steel wool as the filter

And TODAAAAAA !!! my hard work pays off... i like the black IM look

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012