Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:59:56 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil Catch Can DIY [OBX-RCT003]  (Read 23534 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2009, 06:36:10 PM »

Yeah, maybe you could get some better pictures (no offense), but the ones in the OP were way too dark. Maybe it's my monitor, lol.

kpjo4
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
kpjo4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 07:06:37 PM »

I've already posted this on Gen7A

I believe the above catch can setup is wrong.
Because in the above setup he connects the breather hose to something else, from what I thought in a catch can setup, you are supposed to have a catch can in between the PCV and the Intake Manifold. Correct me if I'm wrong.

My setup
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9636/dscn2087n.jpg
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 10:29:25 PM »

That's how I have my catch can set up.  Fuck, I have the same fucking catch can as you too.  Can you show me a better picture of the mount for yours?  

After more research, I've found that you can use a catch can with your PCV and valve cover ventilation.  Both set ups are technically right.  I'm going to get another catch can to run another one to my valve cover ventilation port.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
kpjo4
Fucking Newb

kpjo4 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 10:42:50 PM »

well basically it's a bolt that holds the radiator onto the chassi, I just got the two metal mounts that they supply you with and bolted them together to form an "U" shape and then just unbolted the radiator bolt and placed the new joined mount onto where the radiator bolt goes and rebolted the radiator, and then just placed my clamp on the catchcan and tightened it on the mount with the curve side.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 10:50:32 PM »

Thanks for the picture man.  I have mine in a different location, but I will probably be using that for the valve cover ventilation when I get a 2nd catch can.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
kpjo4
Fucking Newb

kpjo4 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 10:55:40 PM »

but i'm confused, how does that valve cover port relieve crankcase pressure when it's located on the head.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 11:38:41 PM »

It doesn't, but the valve cover opening is for pressure that could build up in the valve cover.  There's a port there for a reason, and since you can vent oil out of that also, it's worth considering that for a catch can too.

Tim
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 11:52:16 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Thanks for the picture man.  I have mine in a different location, but I will probably be using that for the valve cover ventilation when I get a 2nd catch can.

I have 2 of thouse catch cans same red and all you can have one if u liKe.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2009, 12:13:11 AM »

Yeah man.  I'm into that.  If you see Piero before he comes up to RI this weekend, you could give it to him.  If not, I can give you my address and I'll paypal you money for the shipping.

Tim
cna

cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2009, 03:11:27 AM »

Iight no problem

ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2009, 08:07:17 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Yeah man.  I'm into that.  If you see Piero before he comes up to RI this weekend, you could give it to him.  If not, I can give you my address and I'll paypal you money for the shipping.

I got you Tim...  :wink: I'm meeting up with Clemente after he gets out from work tomorrow morning.

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2009, 11:02:03 PM »

Badass.  Thanks guys!  Let's try to keep this thread on topic now.  I will be installing a 2nd catch can as soon as I have time to.

Tim
cna

cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2009, 11:42:03 PM »

yea i used it for a while but with the v6 i dont have as much space as you i4 guys so i had to give it up at the moment i made a custom one out of a water/air separator just waiting for a sunny day to install it

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2009, 09:39:09 AM »

Sorry for posting from the grave, but what are everyone's thoughts on those $20 eBay catch can? I know you get what you pay for, but if the hoses suck i can just get some from home depot. It's mainly the can itself that I'm worried about. If they're really that bad, I'll just stick with OBX.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2009, 10:33:23 PM »

I have one of the "el cheapo" eBay ones and it's okay.  I got the hoses from Auto Zone since they would be able to supply something that's going to be able to withstand the heat and the oil better than the shitty hoses they give you with the catch can and what you can get at Home Depot.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012