Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 07:00:05 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To get the attention off Jeremy, let's play a game.  (Read 13114 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2010, 09:05:40 PM »

If you had $35,000 to spend on a vehicle what would it be and why? Here are the rules; it has to be practical, brand new, can't be modded, and you can't keep the change. I spoke about this with Jeremy and we came to the conclusion that a basic IS350 would be the best, although I posed the question a little differently. I want some feedback from true car enthusiast and you guys are really the only ones I know.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 12:15:25 PM by wtcii » Logged

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 09:17:09 PM »

STI hands down
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 09:20:32 PM »

I didn't even think about that. It would be nice to have all that extra room.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 12:27:57 AM »

Afro
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:19:13 PM by status » Logged

-Alec
status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 12:33:39 AM »

i also agree with the sti, or a murano mostly because my next vechical will be a suv. or maybe an element sc, ive never been in the ones with carpet and ish.

-Alec
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 01:21:15 AM »

Why a basic IS350 when you can get a IS250 with everything for the same price? You're losing about 100HP but hey...lol

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 01:24:56 AM »

If I were in his situation, a 2011 Crew cab F150 would be ideal. Every family man needs a truck. with a crew cabyou can fit the whole family, and still have enough room in the bed to haul whatever you may need to haul. Say you want to build your son a tree house, or build you daughter her own barbie dream house, there will be no need to have to pay lowes to deliver materials, or rent their truck for an ungodly price. how about if your washer goes out and you go buy a new one? eh, just throw it in the bed of the truck I will get it home.

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 03:07:44 AM »

I'm not a fan of the STi's because if you wanted to up the boost later on down the road, you'd have to open up the engine. I'm more of an Evo fan because they take to the abuse of boost a lot better than the STi. If I had to get an auto, I'd opt for the MR as it has one of the crispest, most responsive tiptronic/ paddle shifters in its class. Last I checked, the Evo MR wasn't offered in a manual. If I were to get a manual, I'd get the GSR.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 07:57:08 AM »

I'd probably get a Ridgeline or MDX.  Maybe an A4 Avant.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 08:16:17 AM »

im going to kick you bill, if these are the stipulations your parents gave you for a car...
Fuck it if it is, I wish my parents had the money and were cool enough to buy me a car...Bill is lucky
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 09:05:18 AM »

I'd probably get a Ridgeline or MDX.  Maybe an A4 Avant.

I'd love to get an MDX. They start at $43 though  Sad A4 is something I never though about. One of my friends from high school drove an A5. I drove it a couple of times. I was never really impressed. They have been changed since, though. I'll have to go drive one next time I am in Nashville.

If I were in his situation, a 2011 Crew cab F150 would be ideal. Every family man needs a truck. with a crew cabyou can fit the whole family, and still have enough room in the bed to haul whatever you may need to haul. Say you want to build your son a tree house, or build you daughter her own barbie dream house, there will be no need to have to pay lowes to deliver materials, or rent their truck for an ungodly price. how about if your washer goes out and you go buy a new one? eh, just throw it in the bed of the truck I will get it home.

If I were to get a truck, it would be a Chevy and I doubt I would be happy with what options I could get on it. Either that or a Tundra which I didn't think about until just now!

Why a basic IS350 when you can get a IS250 with everything for the same price? You're losing about 100HP but hey...lol

Well, I think I would sacrifice Mark Levinson and Nav for an extra 100 hp lol. The IS350 I drove was basic, but it's still a Lexus. Heated seats, leather, sunroof, nice looking trim, etc. That would be a touch decision. In that same type deal, an IS250 MT might be a possibility. The 250 is just so damn slow.

Something I was thinking was a 4Runner. Maybe Mark will chime in on this. My sister's boyfriend just got one and he loves it.

I'm not a fan of the STi's because if you wanted to up the boost later on down the road, you'd have to open up the engine. I'm more of an Evo fan because they take to the abuse of boost a lot better than the STi. If I had to get an auto, I'd opt for the MR as it has one of the crispest, most responsive tiptronic/ paddle shifters in its class. Last I checked, the Evo MR wasn't offered in a manual. If I were to get a manual, I'd get the GSR.

Funny you compare those two. After Mike suggested it last night, I went and watched the Top Gear episode comparing the two. They liked the Evo much more.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:11:39 AM by wtcii » Logged

Bill C.
SECM member
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 09:12:26 AM »

I mistyped.  I meant RDX. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
DV8mAn

I'm Tired...

Reputation Power: 4
DV8mAn pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 09:54:12 AM »

I'd get a Mercedes C class.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 11:00:41 AM »

RDX is a sweet ride. Trust me on that one. No MT option though.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 12:15:08 PM »

I can't bring myself to owning a Chevy after all the hell I have went thru with my dads truck

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012