Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:28:32 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455168 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: September 16, 2010, 11:42:38 AM »

That's it.  I've been fucking around with Verizon trying to get a "free" phone for the last 3 days and there is still no progress.  They actually expect me to pay for the phone with a CC, and then they'll credit my Verizon account.  That's not free and it's also a huge inconvenience.  I'm done with these motherfuckers if they don't do what I asked them to do. 

Who here has AT&T?  What do you like about their service and what do you dislike?  Have you ever had a problem, and how has their customer service handled it?  I don't fucking care about your phone, I just care about the service.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 16, 2010, 11:45:04 AM »

I have AT&T and have had them for about 6 years. Haven't really had an issue and when I have, they fixed it immediately. From my experience, they've been very helpful whenever I did have a problem and/ or questions about anything.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #557 on: September 16, 2010, 12:08:08 PM »

When I used to use the Iphone the reason I jumped shit was the lack of reception locally. I lost signal all the time including when I was at home.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 16, 2010, 12:16:18 PM »

I have AT&T and we have had it for a long ass time. I don't really ever have problems with. It rarely seems like we have billing problems and I don't think anyone has ever gotten a faulty phone from them. My only problem with AT&T is how long it took them to get 3G where I live. They have it now and I don't have any complaints. I don't pay the bill, so I can't comment on prices.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #559 on: September 16, 2010, 12:22:04 PM »

Verizon used to be helpful and take care of things immediately.  They keep changing their policies to save money, so things have gotten worse and worse as time progresses.  Here's an example.  I go to a store because I have a problem with my phone.  They check it out and test it and deem it defective.  They replace it with a brand new phone in the store.  If they don't have that phone in stock, they ship me a new phone and have me come back to have my contacts transferred.  Then they change their policy to only sending you a new phone.  Then they changed their policy to send you a replacement phone that is refurbished.  At one point, you could replace your phone with a different model if you have done 3 replacements already.  Now, they will only offer you the same phone, or you can BUY a new phone at the 2 year contract price.  Their service and policies have gone down the fucking toilet over the past 5 years.  Verizon as a company sucks a sweaty asshole.  They are the worst fucking company when it comes to customer service.  Those corporate fucks can lick a sweaty asshole if they think I'm going to pay for a "free" phone. 

The only thing good that I can say, is the woman from their email support team has been very helpful and tried everything she can to help me out.  She has been getting screwed by Verizon's policies and limitations, which in the end will turn me away as a customer.  Their policies suck.  Those money grubbing whores can choke on the money they're saving by fucking their customers over.
[/end rant]

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #560 on: September 16, 2010, 12:34:21 PM »

Oh yeah Tim, that reminds me of one problem that I've always had with Verizon. Their "Backup Assistant" program which backs up all your phone contacts to them so that if you get a new phone or something, it'll put them back on. Well, it never worked that easily. When I had switched from my LG Voyager to my sister's LG Voyager temporarily until I got the Droid X, we had to do the backup assistant bullshit so that I could get my contacts on her phone. Well, when they did it, it added all of my contacts to her contacts, which I did not want. I told them to fix that, and they ran the backup assistant again. I knew it wasn't going to change anything, so I said fuck it and left. Well, I figured that I could try deleting all the contacts on my phone, then run the backup assistant, then it will restore all of my own contacts. Nope. Instead of doing that, it mirrored the changes, and I lost all of my contacts. I was lucky to have a backup on my computer from a long time ago, but their backup assistant program is complete bullshit.

That is the reason why I now solely use Google Contacts. It's all in one place, and you don't have to do any "backing up" shit. Instead, it syncs your phone so that you see all your contacts, but it still works like a regular phonebook. Right now I've got nothing stored on the phone itself... everything is from Google Contacts. You can also log into your google account online and change the contacts there yourself too. Verizon did have something similar online for their backup assistant, but it was bulky and very annoying. Once I had gotten all my contacts back, I used the verizon website to export all my contacts, then imported them to google, then deleted all of my contacts off the phone and backup assistant.

My phone won't let me not add new contacts to the phonebook, but it will add them to Google at the same time. So whenever I add a contact, I just delete the phonebook version.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #561 on: September 16, 2010, 12:42:08 PM »

Thats where the lack of a Sim card always hurt verizon. At least using the sim sysetem all you info is stored to the card As long as that doesn't get destroyed your all set.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: September 16, 2010, 12:43:04 PM »

When I used to use the Iphone the reason I jumped shit was the lack of reception locally. I lost signal all the time including when I was at home.

Funny.  I know people that have jumped from Verizon to ATT because they didn't have any signal in their home.  I guess it all depends on where you're at. 

Tim
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 16, 2010, 01:58:03 PM »

Reception is very dependent on your location.

I've gone through every carrier.  I had Sprint way back in the day, back when they first started Sprint PCS in 1997.  I had Sprint until I switched to T-Mobile in 2003.  I then had T-Mobile until the iPhone 3G released, which led me to switch to AT&T.  When I switched companies, my corporate discount for Verizon was better, so when the Droid released, I switched to Verizon.

I haven't had any complaints about Verizon really.  I have yet to use Verizon for any tech support issues; although, I do need to call them about a caller ID issue so we'll see how that goes.

When I was with AT&T, I did have an issue with my Blackberry Bold.  Going into the store, they direct you to a different location, one of their Warranty Centers.  As I walked into the Warranty Center, I showed them my phone, they checked it out and deemed it defective, and then replaced it with a refurbished phone.

When I had phone issues with T-Mobile, I called their customer service.  They proceeded to send me a refurbished phone in the mail with a box to ship the old phone back.

I don't recall having many issues with any Sprint phones, other than my one phone that went through an x-ray machine at the airport while on.  That phone had issues after that.  I never had it replaced though, I just dealt with it until I switched to T-Mobile.

- Mark
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 16, 2010, 02:17:00 PM »

Oh, a problem for me with AT&T that I forgot to mention earlier. On game days in Starkville, there is no service. I guess the network can't handle all the people. All my friends with Verizon have no problems. I'm not sure if that could pose a problem for you but I thought I would mention it.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #565 on: September 16, 2010, 03:12:06 PM »

I'm far enough away from any major stadiums or fields where service would be affected.  I live in the sticks.  Anyway, that woman Karen was helpful and able to get me the phone.  I basically told her that if I was going to spend any money in any way on a phone, it would be with ATT for an iPhone.  She made shit happen at that point. 

Tim
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 16, 2010, 03:13:56 PM »

Glad you finally got it worked out Tim.  Sucks that you had to go through all that crap in the first place though...  :\

-brian
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: September 16, 2010, 03:14:36 PM »

Glad to hear that things worked out. We'll get you turned to the Google dark side in no time.  >Cheesy

b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 16, 2010, 03:18:27 PM »

I already sent him the root method for the fascinate.. lol. but neither of us are going to do it until froyo is released, unless I get impatient (that happens a lot..)  Cool

-brian
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #569 on: September 16, 2010, 03:22:55 PM »

You're not the only impatient one. The froyo update for the DX was schedule for early September, but now it looks like it will be sometime in October. I gave up on waiting, so now I've been running the leaked froyo update. It's starting to annoy me though because I've been having problems with the camera not taking pictures, and the video player not being able to play recorded videos, and not being able to play music.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012