Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 05:00:11 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 454342 times)
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: May 01, 2012, 06:51:29 PM »

Galaxy Nexus is a complete bust, it just looks good. Those are worse than the newer Droids.
Explain?  Why is it a "complete bust"?

Every time I see a customer that calls me in having a Galaxy Nexus, they need a Certified Like New Replacement. It has the same shitty problems as every other Nexus they had previously and then need a 4th replacement.

Power cycling, calling without you clicking your contact list, touch screen not working on demand, saying there is no sim card inserted when it's in. If you have one and it works, you're one of the lucky ones.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:55:28 PM by Arielit0oo » Logged
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: May 01, 2012, 07:11:13 PM »

Galaxy Nexus is a complete bust, it just looks good. Those are worse than the newer Droids.
Explain?  Why is it a "complete bust"?

Every time I see a customer that calls me in having a Galaxy Nexus, they need a Certified Like New Replacement. It has the same shitty problems as every other Nexus they had previously and then need a 4th replacement.

Power cycling, calling without you clicking your contact list, touch screen not working on demand, saying there is no sim card inserted when it's in. Come on dude, I'm not speaking out of my ass. If you have one and it works, you're one of the lucky ones.
I was just curious, and I wasn't implying that you were.  You just happened to state that it was a "complete bust" without stating your reasons why.  I was just looking for the, "Don't get this product because..." and not just the "Don't get this product." in your initial response.

I do have one, and I have had it since launch day.  I have a CDMA version of the phone; are the problems you listed occuring on CDMA variants, GSM variants, or both?

The one I have does work, and it works well.  I haven't experienced any significant issues that would make me consider seeking a replacement (*knock on wood*); I also haven't noticed any of the above complaints you listed.  But like I previously stated, I just use it.  I haven't rooted it, I haven't unlocked it; I just use it.

Granted, I don't spend much time on phone forums or blogs nowadays, but I do peruse the blogs every now and then.  I don't recall seeing a post about consistent major problems with the phone. :idunno:

It's also Samsung's flagship currently (not counting the Galaxy Note), and I am sure has had a big portion in helping them take over Apple's spot in leading the market share for mobile phones.

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: May 01, 2012, 07:38:29 PM »

I'll guarantee those problems listed are because they botched a custom install and couldn't figure out how to return to bone stock.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: May 01, 2012, 07:47:17 PM »

The CDMA version, I should've said it sooner. I was going to say Verizon's Galaxy Nexus is shit, at least almost all customers I've spoken to with it. I know AT&T have it but it's another name.

Not everybody with these phones are forum and blog posters so don't always rely on them. I'd just really stay away from it if anyone is thinking about it but if you have it and its working, good stuff! Lol don't get me wrong, it's a nice phone.

And no Z lol, the phones I've seen, and spoken to customers over the phone are bone stock.
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: May 01, 2012, 07:57:31 PM »

Guys, don't kill me, just sharing what I've seen and experienced lol. If it makes you guys feels any better, when people are on their phone, the the other party cannot hear them, unless they put themselves on speakerphone and vice versa.. But thats verrry rare lmao.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1490 on: May 01, 2012, 08:50:57 PM »

Your Motorola might be working now but down the road, it'll start acting up. I've seen it happen time and time again.  From "Updates" that all it does is fuck up the phone to  just out of nowhere it power cycling on you. Don't get me wrong, I had an OG Droid, thing was a fucking tank and I like the new Droid Razr MAXX that has come out but other wise, Motorola gets 2 thumbs down from me.

All made before they were under new ownership though right?
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1491 on: May 01, 2012, 08:54:45 PM »

Clearly your are biased it's fine i'm biased the other way no big deal we just disagree. 95% of my office uses the galaxy nexus on verizon, and they have 0 issues. I refuse to deal with Verizon at all, and I have about 5 or 6 Android phones with no issues. Also to be fair I would be honest about what I was doing when talking to the person I'm asking for a replacement.
Fanitron

Reputation Power: 3
Fanitron pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: May 01, 2012, 08:59:07 PM »

It's funny how you guys in the US have different problems than we do here. I actually work for Best Buy in their Eastern service depot and I handle A LOT of cell phones that come in under the Product Service Plans. In any given day I see more iPhones than anything (this includes iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPhone 4S) for a variety of reasons... which oddly sounds identical to the problems that those Nexus users are experiencing. So... either there is not one fully reliable phone out there OR (and this is much more likely) customers are full of crap and willing to say/do anything to get a replacement for what they already have. lol Cheesy
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: May 01, 2012, 09:10:29 PM »

Guys, don't kill me, just sharing what I've seen and experienced lol. If it makes you guys feels any better, when people are on their phone, the the other party cannot hear them, unless they put themselves on speakerphone and vice versa.. But thats verrry rare lmao.
Not killing the messenger at all bro. They tell you its stock that way they can warranty it. I did the same thing with my last Android phone when I fucked it up beyond repair. A bit on the dishonest side but my ass is broke. Had I known then what I know now, I'd still have it. Glad I don't because I love my current phone.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: May 01, 2012, 09:34:23 PM »

@Mike- I'm far from biased. I am a Verizon Wireless rep and physically see the problems and that it's stock...I'm not speaking out of my ass. Ok, you and your whole buildings work, while the other 1000 do not. Not everybody that gets a nexus knows how to use it, they're not like you and what you know. Thats why I hate discussing cellphones over the internet, people get all anal.

@Z- Like I said prior, I have physically seen these phones, all of the ones I've said are buggy. Jesus, I dislike when people try to tell you no when you physically deal with them... Lmao

I'm done guys, waste of energy talking about it. If your phone works, applause to you.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: May 01, 2012, 09:48:43 PM »

Dude, relax. It's discussion.

Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: May 01, 2012, 09:50:30 PM »

I am chilling. Typing responses on a forum or texting doesn't show the way you mean it. That was in the most friendly way possible  Wink We're all family here.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1497 on: May 01, 2012, 10:08:15 PM »

Like I said it's all opinions. I'd actually probably guess that the failure rate is pretty equal.
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: May 01, 2012, 10:52:33 PM »

Equal rates between whom?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1499 on: May 01, 2012, 10:57:15 PM »

Guys, don't kill me

That's still up for discussion.

I am a Verizon Wireless rep

Sorry man.  Now we have to kill you.

either there is not one fully reliable phone out there

Winner winner chicken dinner!  I think you're on to something here.

If your phone works, applause to you.

Hahaha.  I win!  My phone works mostly.  You motherfuckers better clap and make it count.

It's kinda funny.  The whole reason why I started this shit storm was because I was looking for a picture to use as my signature as a friendly "fuck you" response to Mike's sig (and Z's old sig).  When I googled Apple vs Android and Anti Android, all I could only find stuff with Android bashing Apple, but nothing with Apple bashing Android.  Seems kinda juvenile and immature.  If it's really that much better, why not let the product speak for itself instead of acting like a teenager?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012