Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 08:59:14 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 454523 times)
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1500 on: May 01, 2012, 11:38:18 PM »

Cheesy hey, I help out customers more than Verizons policies do. I waive shit all the time and give more credits than I should! I deserve my life.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1501 on: May 01, 2012, 11:56:28 PM »

I actually feel bad for you.  My brother's wife works at a Verizon store and it seems to be the most miserable job ever the way she tells it.  She's kinda crazy though, so I guess I should take anything she says with a grain of salt.

I did the same thing when I worked in tech support for my company.  I took care of so many people.  Unfortunately, I have not had the same experience when I called Verizon for support.  For a period of about 4 years I went through phones like crazy.  All of them completely unmodified.  They were just shitty problematic phones.  I've had my phone for 7 months now and I haven't had any of the problems that I've experienced with my old phone.  Only time will tell though.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: May 02, 2012, 12:22:59 AM »

I worked in a store until early this year, now I'm the dude on the phone when you call Customer Service. I'm hunting for another job bc I'm tired of the whole cellphone shit but I'm happy with the experience. Now I know what cell phone companies can and cannot do.
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: May 03, 2012, 09:49:03 AM »

So sorry for the late response but I have a Droid X.

I think I figured out the alarm problem. When I would go to change the alarm tone ot wouldnt even play them.  So I went into manage apps, and cleared All Data on the alarm and so far it works again. Just a heads up in case anyone else runs into this problem.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: May 05, 2012, 03:58:13 PM »

I just brought my wife over to the dark side with a GSII. Hilarity will ensue. For me at least.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1505 on: May 05, 2012, 04:14:16 PM »

Every day I get closer to just throwing my phone against a wall. I may just go back to the stock ROM, but I know it's not going to be any faster than what I'm on now.

I do have an upgrade available, so if I wanted to, I could get the Galaxy Nexus for $200, and I could also trade in my Droid X for a credit. I'm not sure how much though... I think it's only $35. That's about how much this piece of shit is worth anyways.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1506 on: May 05, 2012, 06:13:22 PM »

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: May 05, 2012, 09:21:04 PM »

+ a $30 Upgrade fee Jeff so yeah, send your Droid X in to offset that fee.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1508 on: May 21, 2012, 09:06:31 PM »

For those of you who have the Galaxy Nexus, how pleased are you with it? I need to upgrade before June 25th, because on that day Verizon is getting rid of the grandfathered unlimited data plan when you upgrade. I'm looking to upgrade before then so that I can have unlimited data for another 2 years.

Also, I haven't seen any other alternatives, but I refuse to own another Motorola product. I've had too many problems with the Droid X, and I don't want to risk running into more issues with another Motorola product.

As it stands, I've heard that the Galaxy Nexus is a great phone, however it has a very cheap plastic feel. I think that getting a nice case would remedy that issue. Are there any other problems with it?

As of now, the main selling point for me for the Galaxy Nexus is the flashability.

Thanks guys.

exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: June 09, 2012, 12:35:12 PM »

So I just heard rumor that with Verizon, if you switch to a 4g phone you are no longer eligible for unlimited data and will have to re-up your contract on a tiered data plan... Dafuq?

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: June 09, 2012, 12:53:54 PM »

No... It's only when Verizon DOES come out with a FAMILY DATA PACKAGE. If you extend your contract(Upgrading), and consent to the new Terms and Conditions, yes you will surrender Unlimited Data(if you're on a family share plan).

To avoid this(whenever it does come out)
1)Buy a phone at full retail price
2)Buy your own phone on eBay or something and activate it.

It applies to both 3G and 4G. Verizon will not forcefully remove Unlimited Data..

Whoever told you that exelr8, with all respect, is a retard lol.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:55:47 PM by Arielit0oo » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1511 on: June 09, 2012, 01:17:25 PM »

So, basically I'd have to pay full price for phones from now on. What if I wanted to add a line to my plan, without data?

Tim
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: June 09, 2012, 02:16:14 PM »

Then it's a basic phone, which requires no data, should not change anything. What I said above is explaining how Unlimited Data won't be forcefully removed. This new fam data package has not come out yet.

When I get all the details of how it works, you guys will be the first to know.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1513 on: June 09, 2012, 03:34:42 PM »

Thanks. I knew that what I was told when I updated my phone last October was not the whole truth. He just said, "as long as you never cancel your account, you will always have unlimited data.". I knew it was too good to be true.

Tim
Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: June 09, 2012, 04:13:37 PM »

Well, back then, yes it was true based on what we had then. Only reason Verizon is going to create Family Data Packages is due to high demand by customers themselves. I hear it almost everytime I work customers asking "When is Verizon coming out with a family data package?" So it's those retards that are to blame lol.

At the end, point is to save money instead of paying $30 a line for a smartphone.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012