Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:07:33 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K24A8 K Pro  (Read 24331 times)
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
CurrentStatus pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2010, 01:31:17 PM »

How do I go about getting k pro......
06 Honda accord SE, engine code K24A8. Current mods include CAI, RBC Intake manifold, dc sport header, megan racing test pipe, greddy evo2 exhaust

For me, there is never enough detail when I ask shops/tuners about getting Kpro, so any and all details/prices/connection or people to talk to is greatly appreciated.

Also, I am not dead set on having to have Kpro, so any other fully tunable ecu anyone knows about...ID LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT

Thanks for all the future info
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:40:09 AM by timot_one » Logged

To Each His Own
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 02:02:31 PM »

ONE WORD..... SEARCH  
http://elitecm.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=57

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 02:04:11 PM »

This thread has this specific topic discussed. Look through it and find answers. The later pages have where Blinx has your same year, engine, etc.
http://elitecm.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=57
This next thread has Blinx's trials and tribulations with getting flash pro to work and ended up going with kpro.
http://elitecm.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1303
Youre new here so I'm not going to come down on you as hard as I would others but if you did a little bit of searching and reading in the particular threads I linked, there would not have been a need for this thread to be opened. Welcome to ECM and be sure to read up on te forum rules in the General Discussion subforum.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 04:13:48 PM »

Searching is a good idea.  Since you have a K24A8, there will be challenges.  Right now, there is no conversion harness like the K24A4 guys have, but Paul (NVA-AV6) does a conversion for the K24A8's.  If you have the time and the money, that would be your best bet.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 04:50:39 PM »

The reason I asked out right is because it seems everyone is having issues trying to run kpro...but ice box gave me a lead on the new hypertech sport they are releasing for the k24a8. I don't know if that will allow me to put in new camshafts, but it will give me more than I have now, and for 550...that's going to be a steal

To Each His Own
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 09:47:44 PM »

The hypertech thing seems to be a giant waste of money when you compare it to kpro.  It doesn't really look like it does much of anything except change your rev limiter, top speed governor, and possibly adjust the fuel.  It doesn't even control VTEC or VTC.  You're probably better off with a VAFC or the AEM FIC.  I know that K Pro is the most expensive EMS, but it's also the best one out there.  I know there are guys that are running aftermarket cams on their stock ECU.  If you want to get the most out of your cams, you're better off with some form of engine management that is tunable.  I don't trust those "power tuners" that you just answer yes/no questions and don't know what it's actually doing.  If you really want K Pro on your car, you're going to want to talk to Paul (NVA-AV6).  He is the only person who has successfully installed K Pro on a K24A8.  You could also contact Cham (cstyleaccord) since he developed the dual ECU K Pro harness for the K24A4 and if he had time with a K24A8, should be able to adapt it to the DBW.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 10:29:08 PM »

So when we are talking kpro is alot more expensive, how much are we talking....ballpark

To Each His Own
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 10:53:01 PM »

I got my entire K Pro set up for a steal for $1200.  You can find a used K Pro ECU for like $900.  The conversion harness Cham makes is $300.  The RSX Type S a/f sensor is about $180-275, but you can find it for less if you search on k20a.  I do not know how much Paul charges for his K Pro conversion though.  It requires more parts and I am unsure of what he charges for labor.

Tim
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 12:07:25 AM »

Just so I know, what kind of k pro am I going to be looking for, is it for the rsx k20a? I am assuming so due to the comment about the a/f sensor, and is it 02-04 rsx?

this is the link to one i found on ebay....can u let me know if im headed in the right direction....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-04-AC ... ccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDATA- ... ccessories

To Each His Own
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 01:03:31 AM »

The first link is for a RSX ECU, the second link is for the K Pro modification.  If you're going to do that, you're better off buying a used K Pro'd ECU off of someone on k20a or just buy it from Hondata directly.  You can use a PRB, PND, PRC, PPA, and PNF ECU's.  FWIW, all of this information can be found on the Hondata website.  Have you done any research on the subject yet?

Tim
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 07:15:18 AM »

i would only get the prb ecu because the conversion for the a8 is more specific, there is a full list of parts needed on the thread i posted.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 09:40:50 AM »

Well, first Id like to say thanks for all the help. I have been trying to do the research, but to be honest, Im normally the guy who pays someone else to do all the upgrades on my car. However, while I may know about bolt ons......ecu, and all the codes and stuff everyones talking about is completely new to me. Once I grasp the whole concept and understand, I assure you I wont need to ask again.

Thanks for the patience, and all the help

To Each His Own
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 10:11:34 AM »

Quote from: "CurrentStatus"
Once I grasp the whole concept and understand, I assure you I wont need to ask again.
There's no need for that man. We all will have questions even if we do understand shit. Happens to the best of us. If it seemed like we jumped all over you, don't take it that way. After our experiences with "other" forums, we got soured on answering the same questions over and over again and those threads cluttered up a clean forum. We strive to keep our forum neat and uncluttered because of the other forums that don't give a shit. No worries man. You didn't know. Feel free to ask away. Just make sure you post in appropriate forums. We (the mods) will move posts around to the right threads, forums, whatever until we feel you got a feel for how we operate. After that, we start giving you shit. Don't worry man. We don't bite or go ban happy unless its well deserved. Believe me. You don't fit that criteria. Yet. J/K.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 11:49:13 AM »

Well, I would like to thank you for the clean forums, because it is pretty nice, and extremely easy to find shit.

This is what I have gathered so far...
acquire a prb hondata k pro,
as well as the 02-04 rsx type s ecu,
find a custom conversion harness,
the type s wideband a/f sensors

To Each His Own
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 12:08:18 PM »

You really only need to get a K Pro'd ECU, there's no need to buy 2 ECU's.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012