Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:59:01 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K24A8 K Pro  (Read 24495 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 10:43:29 PM »

Leave it to Dave to be harsh as hell.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 12:46:25 AM »

I thought I was the one that's supposed to be an asshole.  Not David.

Anyway Jeff.  Honestly, you can do whatever you want.  Regardless of whether you take our advice or not, it's your motor.  I'm not going to lose any sleep if you destroy it by cutting corners.  The AEM F/IC is a waste of time and money when you have the option of using KPro.  As David pointed out, you can only retard the timing with the F/IC.  What does that mean?  You won't make as much power as you could with KPro. 

To do a KPro set up with a K24A8, the initial investment would be higher than just buying KPro.  It may seem like a lot of work, but it's really not that hard to accomplish.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 01:33:25 AM »

not trying to be an asshole but when people create multiple threads and ask the same questions, and continue to ignore what advice is provided, it gets a bit annoying. i spent the time to research just as many others have done, i just wish that others would do the same and not waste our time.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 06:26:07 AM »

Preach on brother David.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 10:23:39 AM »

not trying to be an asshole but when people create multiple threads and ask the same questions, and continue to ignore what advice is provided, it gets a bit annoying. i spent the time to research just as many others have done, i just wish that others would do the same and not waste our time.

I agree David.  Just trying to bust your chops a little.  You are absolutely correct though.  This topic seems to come up in every thread Jeff has created.  It seems like he's looking for validation to cut corners even though in every single thread he's posted (fuel system, cams, this one) the response has been the same (to use KPro).  What it comes down to is that you're either going to take our advice or you aren't.  Whatever you decide to do is your business and hopefully you achieve good results.  As David has already mentioned, it's annoying to get asked the same question repeatedly and then have you disregard the answer.  It's only a matter of time before people start ignoring your questions and then you'll be stuck either doing your own research or finding another group of people to pester.

I will say this.  There was another guy that tried to use the AEM F/IC to save money.  It didn't work after paying a shop to install it and try to get his car to run.  He got smart and realized that his best option was to do it properly and get KPro.  After his car was down for months and after spending thousands of dollars on his car, he was finally able to drive it again and when tuned he made 350 whp/400 tq.  What's the lesson?  He wasted time and money trying to save time and money.  Do it properly the first time and you won't have to spend extra money fixing your mistakes because you were cheap and cut corners.  If you're not prepared to spend the money up front, then don't modify your car.  Buy some bolt ons and call it a day or save your money before you build.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012