Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:20:51 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K24A8 K Pro  (Read 24422 times)
xodus

Reputation Power: 1
xodus pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 09:02:17 PM »

also the hypertech isnt so great, it has minimal gains,and being that it has a base map already, you cant adjust anything, so what they say goes. COMPLETE waste of money, go with the fi-c tfor that then, but id wait for krpo.

LS2 GTO =)
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 07:17:27 AM »

Quote from: "CurrentStatus"
Well, I would like to thank you for the clean forums, because it is pretty nice, and extremely easy to find shit.

This is what I have gathered so far...
acquire a prb hondata k pro,
as well as the 02-04 rsx type s ecu,
find a custom conversion harness,
the type s wideband a/f sensors

the prb ecu is the same as a 02-04 type-s ecu.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
CurrentStatus pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 06:09:04 PM »

so I only need the prb hondata Kpro?

To Each His Own
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 06:57:32 PM »

You need the Prb ecu if you are going to send it to Hondata so they can put the Kpro in it. If you buy a used kproed ecu then you dont have to do any mods to that ecu.

PRB (RSX ECU) + Send to hondata for KPro = Used/new Kproed ecu.  In total you will have your stock ecu and a Kproed PRB ECU in your car.
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 07:14:02 PM »

ahhhhhhhh......now I understand, thanks for the breakdown...lol

To Each His Own
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 01:58:57 PM »

Well, just talked to my hondata dealer, and he told me to wait a lil bit longer for k pro because they are going to be making flashpro for all drive by wire models......Any thoughts

To Each His Own
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 02:00:36 PM »

Also, The element has the same engine, and immobilizer as I do, but they make a dual harness and Kpro for the element....whats the difference?

To Each His Own
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 03:08:28 PM »

I'd like to see what happens with the F-Pro and all DBW vehicles.  It would be nice if that happened, but I'm a bit skeptical.  As far as the Element is concerned, I know they have the same K24A4, but I don't know them well enough to know if they ever had a DBW version.  A little research will tell you if they did though.  My guess is that there's something different and a reason why they only offer the harness for the Element.  I know that the ECU in our cars runs the gauges and HVAC, while other K series Hondas don't.  Nobody has tried it, so the only thing I could recommend is buying the harness and seeing what happens.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

CurrentStatus pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 03:56:07 PM »

Sorry, when I meant all dbw, I meant like the accords, and newer SI......I cant find anything on the throttle body difference yet, but ill keep looking

To Each His Own
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 04:24:01 PM »

Another guy already tried the current F Pro on his K24A8 and it didn't work.  I'm guessing that it will be the same unless Hondata intends on making it backwards compatible with older K Series ECUs.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
linguinipenguini
Fucking Newb

linguinipenguini pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2012, 06:33:36 PM »

I've been searching around the forum and haven't come across hardly anyone running a K24a8 with K-pro. If anyone that is running that setup or anyone that might have some insight is willing to give me some advice on the best way to achieve a K-pro/K24a8 setup that would be awesome!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2012, 10:41:42 PM »

There are only 2 cars that I know of with a K24A8 that are running KPro.  The first guy that had it done was active here, but then sold his car and is no longer active.  The second guy has been successfully running it for a few years now.  They were both installed/converted by the same person.  The one thing that I never liked about the conversion is that you had to use a RSX Type S gauge cluster.  That should be something that is no longer necessary because there is a company that can make an interface to allow the KPro unit to communicate with your stock gauge cluster.

I'm sure that either David (Icebox) or Paul (NVA-AV6) can provide more specific details on this since they have more hands on experience.  Here is what I know you would need to do though.  You would need to convert your car from a DBW TB to a cable TB.  You'd need to get a K24A4 cable TB and intake manifold, a RSX Type S engine harness and cruise control unit, and an 03-05 Accord throttle and cruise control cables.  In addition to that you would need a KPro ECU and the CAN Interface that I mentioned.  The CAN Interface is something that should be available soon.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 02:12:23 AM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2012, 11:40:10 PM »

Paul is really the one to talk to because he did the install, i just funded it. as tim mentioned, you have to do tb conversion but i recommend getting the rsx-s tb and tsx intake manifold which will have to fabricated to work together. paul can do that as well. make sure the kproed ecu and engine harness are from the same year rsx-s.  you will also need a secondary o2 sensor for a rsx-s and afr gauge for tuning purposes. i am not familiar with the CAN interface as tim mentioned but once i find a new job, i will be acquiring it. pm me your number and i would be glad to call you and answer any questions.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
linguinipenguini
Fucking Newb

linguinipenguini pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 08:46:45 PM »

I know I'll probably be crucified for suggesting this, but in an effort to minimize total changes to my engine, would an AEM F/IC be less complex to setup, even if until I graduate college. I know Kpro is better, but If the AEM unit is a more direct approach, I think that is what I might pursue. Is there anyone who is running the F/IC or knows about it enough to offer any insight?
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 10:26:05 PM »

the aem fic only retards the timing so it would be useless, if you want to be a cheap bastard go for it but when your motor blows up dont come complaining to us. quit asking ignorant questions. SEARCH AND READ!

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012