Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:26:58 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask DetailedImage.com...  (Read 61838 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 17, 2010, 10:19:04 PM »

I tried leather cleaner and a fiber towel. I'll try a brush. I don't have a steamer so that would be a no go.

Quote from: "timot_one"
Dude, I'd shoot the dogs and then get that fancy shcmancy extractor thing Misha talked about.
That wont work. I couldn't afford to replace the dogs, they might shoot me, and they would take me out of the will.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
konatriathlon
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
konatriathlon pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2010, 01:31:13 AM »

Go rent one.

HARPER BELLE HANES
Born: 04/04/2008
5 lbs 2 oz
17 1/2 in

JASPER PARKE HANES
Born:  03/09/2010
6 lbs 15 oz
19 3/4 in
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2010, 02:21:05 AM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
So, I was bringing my grandparents dogs home, two maltese, and they both had diarrhea all over the passenger. Luckily I decided to not take mine. The car, LS460, I was in though has perforated seats for the cool seat function. There is a bunch of shit in the perforations, how should I go about getting that out. I tried turning the seats on high, no luck. I am afraid if the heated seats are used it will create a horrible smell and I really just don't want dog excrement on the seat. Thanks!
if it were me, i'd have the seat reupholstered or buy a new seat.

- Mark
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2010, 07:41:44 AM »

Not a bad idea.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2010, 09:04:40 AM »

pathmark and acme supermarkets rent extractors for carpet but they have attachment for small stuff like couches and stuff, works great,

at some point we need to get one for shop but they are like $800

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2010, 09:25:05 AM »

Those things are probably a lot better than the Bissell Little Green that I've been using.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2010, 09:26:37 AM »

Quote from: "alpha"
Quote from: "wtcii"
So, I was bringing my grandparents dogs home, two maltese, and they both had diarrhea all over the passenger. Luckily I decided to not take mine. The car, LS460, I was in though has perforated seats for the cool seat function. There is a bunch of shit in the perforations, how should I go about getting that out. I tried turning the seats on high, no luck. I am afraid if the heated seats are used it will create a horrible smell and I really just don't want dog excrement on the seat. Thanks!
if it were me, i'd have the seat reupholstered or buy a new seat.

Ha! Yeah right. That is probably a $3,000 investment to replace the seat and I wouldn't trust anyone around here to reupholster the seat. It has the upgraded leather, semi-aniline, not really sure what it is but I doubt anyone around here would either. Thanks for the suggestions guys. Sounds like it is going to require renting equipment to get it done right, so I think I will just take it to a detailer.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2010, 10:29:12 AM »

you mean alkantara? kinda like microfiber feel to it?

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 18, 2010, 10:38:26 AM »

No, semi-aniline. I think it has to do with natural look and stain resistance. The headliner is Alcantara in the LS460L and LS460L AWD.

Here is the Lexus description of semi-aniline: This extremely soft leather is dyed all the way through, unlike conventional surface dyes. A higher grade of leather must be used, since imperfections cannot be hidden.

Bill C.
SECM member
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 18, 2010, 11:16:21 AM »

I don't know. I guess we will see what the detailer can do. I can assure you though, the seat won't be replaced. The car will probably be replaced soon anyways. It's going on 4 years old and that is the record. So, we will see. I'm taking my car Tuesday so I'll take it too.

Bill C.
SECM member
DetailedImage.com

Reputation Power: 1
DetailedImage.com pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 18, 2010, 04:04:14 PM »

Oh man that's a terrible situation.  If the dog is in the car I recommend having a blanket or seat cover, they always make a mess but this is extreme.  I know it's gross but put on some rubber gloves and you have to wipe away any remaining residue.  For the little holes it will be much tougher to clean. Since I'm not exactly sure about the material I'm honestly not sure what I would try.  If it's leather the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean are my products of choice.  However I know the mfg does not recommend them on some ultra suede or extremely soft leathers so I'm hesitant to use it.  If you can find the appropriate cleaner and conditioner that would probably be my next step.
DetailedImage.com

Reputation Power: 1
DetailedImage.com pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2010, 07:36:05 PM »

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm back on this forum.  I couldn't access the site for a while so I gave up on it until I got notification today about a comment on my feedback profile.  Not sure why they didn't e-mail members with an update when it went back online but I'm happy to be back on the forum.  If you have any detailing questions for me I'd be happy to try and help you out. 
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2010, 09:12:26 PM »

Welcome back Greg.. You could have emailed me and asked what was up. We had to under go some upgrades
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012