Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 03:22:28 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Fog Light Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 154276 times)
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2010, 05:03:22 PM »

the conversion was cake and installing the fogs was the easiest part of it all...

there is just a few little cuts that need to be made to the back of the fog light hols on the 06-07 bumper cover.

I used the OEM harness to wire these. It was incredibly easy to install, the opening of the fuse box and the pinning or some wires scared me a little but once I got to actually doing it I was completely fine and ran into 0 problems. Just follow the instructions.

2003-05 accord sedan - http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/Install/2005_Accord_Sdn_Foglights_AII27470.pdf
2006 accord sedan - http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/Install/2006_Accord_Sedan_Fog_Light_AII30265.pdf
2007 accord sedan - http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/Install/2007_AccordSdn_Foglights_AII32672.pdf

The original front end

after the conversion

some pics showing the cuts to the back of the bumper cover. (I cut more away then I had to) Also I didn't end up mounting the ballasts there. The ballasts were too big and hit the bumper and prevented me from getting the cover back on.

just remember make many small cuts its a SHIT TON easier to remove a little extra material then it is to put it back lol

Steve - NECM #4

kaabob
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
kaabob pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2010, 10:38:21 PM »

I'm planning to do a 06-07 front-end conversion have just bought Ebay fog's to match it.  Has anyone done a Foglight retro before?  I've seen many people state that it's been done, but no actual threads on it or DIYs on such a project.

1) I plan on retrofitting Blazer fog projectors into Ebay 06'07' foglight housings.  My ebay's are metal - is that normal? sounds like a lot of dremel work on metal.

2) I'm planning on purchasing Blazers shipped from Kragen auto parts.  It looks like the newest Blazers on the market today are larger than the older Blazers (http://www.tigeraccessory.com/TAG%20Web ... atalog.pdf - check page 74 or printed page 71 bottom).  Where should I purchase these Blazers - off Kragen or off CustomLights (http://www.customlightz.com/?p=p_150&sN ... -retrofits) who have the older, smaller, Blazers.

Thanks!
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2010, 11:48:02 PM »

Thanks for all the info and links everyone! After finding out I won't need textbooks for two of my classes (leaving me with a little more spending money than I thought I would have), I've decided to pull the trigger and do this mod. I'm going to go ahead and order the housings, and i'll look into ordering the harness (or i might hit you up Tim). Steve, I'll be shooting you a pm in a little bit about how you mounted the housings and what type of brackets you used.

and a general question:
I looked through the 06 sedan install pdf...and there was one part i'm kind of confused about. Does the Fog harness actually go through the firewall at any point? or does it just connect to the fuse box under the hood, and then from there, is there a connector on the inside that goes to the switch?

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2010, 09:13:14 AM »

I believe there is a wire that goes through the firewall but I'm not 100% sure.

Also, you shouldn't need to use brackets. You can use some self-tapping screws and screw the plastic housing for the fogs on the bumper through the black part of the fogs.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2010, 11:21:56 AM »

I have the older Blazers that I plan on retroing into my fogs. I found them on egay for about 25 shipped. The egay user was papsandme. HTH. As for the bulbs, I'm going to use 3000k 880's. I was about to convert them to d2s but said fuck it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2010, 11:26:01 AM »

There is nothing that goes through the firewall if you use the entire harness. In the insteucions it'll show a flat orange looking connector in the engine bay below the master cylinder.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2010, 12:25:01 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
I have the older Blazers that I plan on retroing into my fogs. I found them on egay for about 25 shipped. The egay user was papsandme. HTH. As for the bulbs, I'm going to use 3000k 880's. I was about to convert them to d2s but said fuck it.

Nice i had trouble taking my lenses apart from my fogs so i put that project on standby a nice diy would be great if you ever get to them

mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2010, 01:05:06 PM »

Quote from: "CYANiDE"

Also, you shouldn't need to use brackets. You can use some self-tapping screws and screw the plastic housing for the fogs on the bumper through the black part of the fogs.
wouldn't that leave holes in the housing that water can get into?

There is nothing that goes through the firewall if you use the entire harness. In the insteucions it'll show a flat orange looking connector in the engine bay below the master cylinder.
ahh i see...i guess i missed it the first time looking through the install pdf

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2010, 02:30:07 PM »

no if you look at the back of the housing you will see that there is the actual light housing and then around the outside of that there is a bigger plastic housing with sufficient room around the inner housing to drill into.

Steve - NECM #4

CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2010, 02:46:19 PM »

Someone on DA did a retro on his OEM fogs. I believe he said the output wasn't as great as he thought it'd be.

Eric.
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 17, 2010, 02:47:26 PM »

Quote from: "mnkyman"
Quote from: "CYANiDE"

wouldn't that leave holes in the housing that water can get into?

Nope. Like Steve said, there is the actual reflector part and it's enclosed inside of a plastic housing that you can use to screw it onto the bumper. I'll take some pics of my fogs later today to show you.

Eric.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2010, 07:19:02 PM »

That's because he used es300 fogs. He also put a lexan lens in front of the fogs so that may have messed up his output..

kaabob
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
kaabob pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2010, 09:04:23 PM »

Did it look anything like these Ebay fog projectors MOOKEEH MK1 PROJECTO FOG LIGHTS
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 18, 2010, 02:49:40 AM »

ahh i see now. I look forward to the pics.

EDIT: Fogs have been ordered and should be on their way. I will order the harness and other parts when I confirm what exactly i need. Tim, I checked Bernardi's shipping prices and it shipping would cost the same as if you were to pick it up and ship, thanks for the offer though!

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2010, 05:47:11 AM »

I"m also ordering from Bernardi all the harnesses and such should run you $98 or so. Shipping for me is about $11 so not bad all in all. You will need to get yourself some zip-ties to keep the wiring neat and a box of self tapping screws since you're going to need a few to keep it secure. I'll have pics up later today.

Eric.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012