Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 05:17:06 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Fog Light Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 154091 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2009, 10:00:59 PM »

How much time do you have?  Maybe you should hit me up on AIM so I can explain.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2009, 01:35:53 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I say, find the blue wire in your engine harness for the fog lights, and ground that.  Ignore that thread on DA.  I don't trust it.
I actually followed the steps in the thread on DA.. It works, and I haven't had any issues with it..

- Mark
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2009, 07:39:11 AM »

What happens when you dim your gauge cluster?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2009, 08:31:59 AM »

ive had mine wired like that for almost two years with no problems, like i said before, i installed a switch between the two wires so i could manually revert back to the stock wiring.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2009, 05:57:51 PM »

Quote from: "Icebox"
ive had mine wired like that for almost two years with no problems, like i said before, i installed a switch between the two wires so i could manually revert back to the stock wiring.

That sounds like a pretty good idea too.  I think the safe bet, is to just cut that wire and ground both ends of it.  My concern is that it's connected to a variable resistor.  Nobody has answered my question yet.

Quote from: "timot_one"
What happens when you dim your gauge cluster?

That will be the true test of how well this mod works.

Tim
najeezy
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
najeezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2009, 05:40:34 PM »

i was reading an old post about using an OEM harness for inspire fogs. I was reading the old thread and there was a post saying to buy parts 5,6,7,8,9 from this list: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... GLIGHT+KIT

and went i went to majestic honda and searched up foglight parts for the 06 accord sedan (which is the accord model i have), the parts were different. i was thinking the parts would be numbers 5,6,7,8 on this list: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... +%28+06%29

NOTE: the links are 2 different model years, im pretty sure the first link is for 03-05 accords, and the second is 06-07. I'm probably going to buy the stuff from the 2nd link, but I just want to make sure with the experts here. would I need the parts from the first list or the second list. Sorry if this is confusing, if you ask a question, I'll try to clarify what I'm asking. Thanks for the help guys
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2009, 05:48:54 PM »

That depends on what year your car is.  If you have an 03-05, then you get the parts from the first list.  If you have an 06-07, then you get the parts from the second list.  There isn't a huge difference between the two versions, except how fog lights are controlled in the engine bay.  Either way, get whatever is meant for the model year of your car.

Tim
najeezy
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
najeezy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2009, 10:02:02 PM »

alrighty. im a 06. just wanted to make sure haha. thx tim
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2009, 02:15:13 PM »

I found inspire replicas for $60 shipped, but they only come with the housing

So as mentioned would I only need 5,6,7,8 too and bulbs to work those fogs (plus the obvious hardware to mount the fogs)

A S I M O
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2009, 02:48:08 PM »

I'm assuming you'd need everything minus the OEM housings. Switch, both harnesses, and bulbs.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2009, 03:00:25 PM »

correct

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2009, 03:39:08 PM »

might just pick up the fogs, and install them next year

A S I M O
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2009, 12:50:50 PM »

So almost all is well when I wired it up. It's just that the green indicator light on the button doesn't work anymore, not sure why, but I can live with it.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2009, 01:12:29 PM »

The green indicator light that shows your fog lights are on or the backlight for the "fog light" icon?

Tim
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2009, 01:22:31 PM »

The one that shows that they are on.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: