Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 05:04:54 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Fog Light Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 154089 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2009, 01:31:01 PM »

Check your in dash wiring harness ground.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2010, 01:35:44 AM »

DriveAccord isn't working for me. I want to be able to have them always on (basically if switch is on it will always turn them on if its off it'll keep them off). I bought the housing so far and am awaiting OEM wiring stuff before I take this on. Should I wire them according to the original instructions then when I get it to work that way modify the wiring harness?

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2010, 06:52:48 AM »

That'd be the best way to do it. There's two mods you can choose from. Modify the harness at the switch, or under the hood. I'm not sure what the colors are for the 7.5 gen but mine were modified at the switch.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2010, 07:01:27 AM »

Quote from: "Icebox"
ok, here is the thread with the info on how to get them working. i installed a switch between the two wires that you are supposed to splice together so i could turn off the fogs when my hibeams are in use.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6873

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2010, 08:20:29 AM »

So, you want your fogs to turn on with a switch, regardless of whether your parking lights or headlights are on?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2010, 10:43:16 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
So, you want your fogs to turn on with a switch, regardless of whether your parking lights or headlights are on?

Basically yes. DriveAccord is up, but I wanted to know if my process would be similar since that is for using them with the parking lights. I'm going to end up wiring them as per the instructions on the Honda PDF then once I confirm they are working would tackle the job to have them light up independently.

Eric.
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2010, 02:30:54 PM »

im interested to see how this would work. a diy is must when you figure it out. take photos of the process please.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2010, 02:49:26 PM »

I'd have to double check the diagram, but you'd basically just wire up the power input to a 12 volt source that is on when your car is running.  Not a big deal to make happen.

Tim
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 14, 2010, 01:18:59 AM »

Anyone have experience with this particular eBay Seller and/or the exact fogs pictured?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fog-Ligh ... ccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fog-Ligh ... 2c52679aee

Yes I know that there will need to be some modification done to fit it to the bumper, but anyone done this? Any insight on this? Also, the auctions above don't come with any harness...does anyone know if the USDM harness will fit the above fogs?

(if this is in the wrong forum, please move...i wasn't sure if this would be electronic or just general, since i'm asking more about the particular eBay seller)

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 14, 2010, 01:41:18 AM »

just some light modification done to fit it to the bumper, but is pretty easy to do. you can use any after market  or USDM harness  with h11 bulbs..

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2010, 08:03:09 AM »

Moved to the appropriate forum. As for the questions, Lex has it done. Like he said, all you would need is minor mods and the USDM harness plugs right up. The only difference between the ASEAN fogs and the US fogs is the actual light housing.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2010, 09:27:01 AM »

OEM harness and switch will run you a little bit under $100 + shipping from Bernardi Honda which isn't bad at all. $15 is really cheap even for replicas. I picked up some OEM housings (I guess JDM then LOL) and waiting on my other stuff to get here. I have the PDF for the install on an '06. Shoot me a PM if you want it.

Eric.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 14, 2010, 09:38:23 AM »

Also, this has been discussed before. Here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2156.

As for the ebay seller, no experience with him.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2010, 01:19:39 PM »

I'd use the OEM USDM harness.  Bernardi Honda and Majestic Honda are in my area, so I can pick up and ship the harness if you want.  I'd contact lemonjelly about the actual installation.  He did an 06-07 front end conversion and has the Depo aftermarket/replica Inspire fog lights.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2010, 01:33:47 PM »

That's right! I completely forgot that Steve did the same conversion.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012