Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:48:14 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Fog Light Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 154011 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2009, 07:55:19 AM »

You still have to cut the bumper for the OEM fog lights.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2009, 08:37:31 AM »

Yea, trimming for these are a lot more because for OEM you just cut out the plastic and then the little "tabs" at each corner. For these you have to cut the back out in order for the housing to fit inside the bumper.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2009, 05:12:16 PM »

That depends on the year you have.  If you have an 03-05 sedan, you have to cut a hole in the bumper no matter what.  If you have reservations about cutting the bumper, then don't get these.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »

Nah, I have an 06. These basically leave the front of the bumper the same, just you have to cut out the backside of where the fogs go because the housings on these are about double the length of regular OEM. This guys now telling me it's missing more and more stuff though, doesn't seem too good if you ask me.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
Slammedk24

Reputation Power: 1
Slammedk24 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2009, 09:10:47 AM »

i bought them a while back on egay (been over a year) but it wouldnt surprise me if they were 3000K and they said 2500K. But they do seem like a different shade of yellow than others. Its a darker shade of yellow , rather than a whitish yellow

Tory
"Low and Slow"
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2009, 08:53:25 PM »

How do I get my foglights to stay on, while my low beams are off(preferably safely(As in not melting any wires and such))? I know that Philly Steve made his own harness, but he used another ebay harness which I currently do not posses. I know there was some way of doing it for the 7.0 gens, but the wires are different for the 7.5 gen.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2009, 09:03:55 PM »

Hope this helps. I am not sure if this is for the 7 or 7.5, if I had to guess I'd say 7, but I thought I would post it just in case it is applicable in both situations.

Quote from: "Tim"
Basically, the OEM fog light wiring harness is set up so your fog lights can only be turned on when your headlights are on, and will not turn on when you have your parking lights on or your high beams on. You can either wire it up under the hood or in your dash. I would suggest wiring it under your dash because it's an easier space to work in, but I'll list both methods.

Under The Dash
With this connection you basically just wire up the switch to bypass the "disable" relay that engergizes when you turn on your high beams.
Cut the blue wire on the switch in the dash from the harness plug end (not the switch plug end).
In the ignition harness found in the steering column, connect the blue wire to either:
the Ignition wire (black/yellow) for it to provide power when the car is in run *recommended connection
the Accessory wire (black/red) for it to provide power when the car is in run or starting
Make sure to solder and heat shrink (or use electrical tape) all connections
Test

Under The Hood
With this connection you basically just wire up the harness to bypass the "disable" relay that engergizes when you turn on your high beams.
Do not connect the white/green or red/green wires to the fuse box in step 15
Find the relay plug in the harness that has these four wires:
white/green
red/green
blue
black
Cut the blue wire from the relay plug
Find the black/red wire in the underhood fuse box (fuse # 18)
Connect the blue wire to the black/red wire
Test

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2009, 11:16:26 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
Hope this helps. I am not sure if this is for the 7 or 7.5, if I had to guess I'd say 7, but I thought I would post it just in case it is applicable in both situations.

Quote from: "Tim"
Basically, the OEM fog light wiring harness is set up so your fog lights can only be turned on when your headlights are on, and will not turn on when you have your parking lights on or your high beams on. You can either wire it up under the hood or in your dash. I would suggest wiring it under your dash because it's an easier space to work in, but I'll list both methods.

Under The Dash
With this connection you basically just wire up the switch to bypass the "disable" relay that engergizes when you turn on your high beams.
Cut the blue wire on the switch in the dash from the harness plug end (not the switch plug end).
In the ignition harness found in the steering column, connect the blue wire to either:
the Ignition wire (black/yellow) for it to provide power when the car is in run *recommended connection
the Accessory wire (black/red) for it to provide power when the car is in run or starting
Test

Under The Hood
With this connection you basically just wire up the harness to bypass the "disable" relay that engergizes when you turn on your high beams.
Do not connect the white/green or red/green wires to the fuse box in step 15
Find the relay plug in the harness that has these four wires:
white/green
red/green
blue
black
Cut the blue wire from the relay plug
Find the black/red wire in the underhood fuse box (fuse # 18)
Connect the blue wire to the black/red wire
Test

Thanks, but is this for an 03-05 or 06-07, b/c they are different.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2009, 02:01:08 PM »

ive done it to mine, let me take some photos and i will post it for you. may take me a few days to post but ill give you a detailed diy.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2009, 02:13:10 PM »

There's a DIY somewhere.. I thought it transferred here, but I believe its on V6p as well..

- Mark
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2009, 02:26:18 PM »

I don't know which one it is for. Maybe Tim will chime in since he wrote them.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2009, 02:41:51 PM »

ok, here is the thread with the info on how to get them working. i installed a switch between the two wires that you are supposed to splice together so i could turn off the fogs when my hibeams are in use.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6873

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2009, 05:12:46 PM »

The wiring should be the same, but I'd have to look at the wiring diagram for the 06-07's.  That link that David posted seems to have worked, but something seems a little fishy to me.  I'd prefer you not use a wire tap though, since they damage the wire, easily come loose, and could possibly cause a short resulting in a fire.  Give me time to look at the 06+ wiring diagram.

Tim
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2009, 06:00:34 PM »

I say, find the blue wire in your engine harness for the fog lights, and ground that.  Ignore that thread on DA.  I don't trust it.

Tim
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2009, 06:17:18 PM »

lol, i shall try that, just wondering though, what is the function of the blue wire and how does grounding it let it turn on without low beams being on.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012