Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 05:59:49 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Fitness Thread  (Read 168884 times)
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2010, 12:37:22 PM »

Protein bars age good but you need to keep an eye on the nutrition information on the back there are a lot of those bars that are 300+ calories which is a full meal. Also, what really works for me when trying to lose weight and shrink the gut is to eat many smaller meals during the day. Try eating 5 smaller meals a day spacing them out every few hours ( I eat every 2.5 hours).

If you are trying to increase you protein intake try eating egg whites. Depending on the size of the egg each egg white has between 6 and 8 grams of protein which makes eggs the best natural source of protein pound for pound.

Steve - NECM #4

clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2010, 01:57:36 PM »

Quote from: "Jeff"
Okay thanks. I'll google up what I shouldn't be eating. What about those protein bars? Do you think I should incorporate those somewhere?

Protein bars are a good option for snacks and the occasional meal replacement.  To give you a head start, cut out sweets and soft drinks if you regularly consume those things.  In terms of simple carbs, cut out things that are enriched....white bread, pasta, white rice. You don't have to stop eating these types of food, just get the whole grain variety....wheat bread, whole grain pasta, brown rice etc.

Hope this helps.
07CoupeBlue

Reputation Power: 2
07CoupeBlue pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2010, 12:26:39 AM »

I'm starting to become annoyed at the gut I'm growing. I've been running 1.4 miles a day for about a week, but I keep fucking up my schedule. Are there any more efficient ways of getting rid of the stomach area?

A brisk walk burns more fat than running does. One where you could still keep up a conversation but your heart rate and breathing is elevated. When you start going faster than that, it's more cardio than fat burning.

Another thing that pretty much everyone should know is that the more you cook or process foods, the less nutritional value it has. Thus, you feel less satisfied and end up needing to eat more.

Julian
2006 Acura TSX 6 Speed Carbon Grey Pearl
hondaguy214

Reputation Power: 1
hondaguy214 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2010, 07:49:54 AM »

I just bought a mountain bike for my birthday. I wanted to do something else active for the summer and I really like the outdoors. Its so much fun to mountain bike even though its hard on my body because i am out of shape but i know if i keep at it the results will be worth it. Do some trail riding, downhill.

NECM SQUAD#6
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2010, 09:46:29 AM »

I'm starting to become annoyed at the gut I'm growing. I've been running 1.4 miles a day for about a week, but I keep fucking up my schedule. Are there any more efficient ways of getting rid of the stomach area?

Jeff, weight lifting will burn more calories over the course of the day than running will.  You don't need to go all meat-head like, but if you can get in some simple routines at a weight that you can complete 3 sets of 10 (or 12 would be better) that would be a lot more beneficial when pair with jogging/walking/bike...if you are not experiennced, then like I said, keep it simple...bicep curls, bench press, tricep pull downs, sitting row, military press (sitting up, pressing bar straight above your head/shoulders), etc, etc.  when all else fails Herschel Walker's workout routine was Push-ups, sit-up's and dips...which is helpful incase you don't have access to a gym or equipment...

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2010, 10:05:37 AM »

The only thing I have access to at the moment is that Iron Gym pull up bar. But thanks for the info. I wouldn't have thought that walking would be better than running for losing fat. You'd think that the harder you push yourself, the more you lose, lol.

slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2010, 01:33:22 PM »

I get more enjoyment out of running than sitting in a gym for an hour, the way im huffing and puffing while running, I'm def burning more calories!
07CoupeBlue

07CoupeBlue pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2010, 08:55:47 PM »

Well it has to be a pretty fast walk. The Iron Gym could deffinitely help convert fat to muscle. Just make sure you vary the grips you use so you're not working out only one group of muscles. You could also do push-ups and crunches since you don't have access to a gym at the moment.

Julian
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2010, 09:22:04 PM »

Quote from: "slipkord"
I get more enjoyment out of running than sitting in a gym for an hour, the way im huffing and puffing while running, I'm def burning more calories!

Wrong Jeremy, huffing and puffing only lasts minutes while muscle growth from lifting lasts hours, therefor burning more calories and fat

Lemonjelly pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2010, 06:10:46 AM »

Mark is correct! While running you are only burning calories for the time that you are running but when lifting you burn calories during the gym time and for hours after.

Steve - NECM #4

duck17

Reputation Power: 0
duck17 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2010, 08:23:48 AM »

i just started P90x, the shit is crazy when you first start. i finished the first week, and it makes you sore. but its fun, and gives you a hell of a workout
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2010, 02:02:30 PM »

HAHA SUCK IT JEREMY!!!

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2010, 03:57:11 PM »

Quote from: "duck17"
i just started P90x, the shit is crazy when you first start. i finished the first week, and it makes you sore. but its fun, and gives you a hell of a workout

P90X is crazy for sure - i burned the DVDs from a friend and did the YogaX last weekend.  got through about 30 mins of it (its 90 mins long) and was sore as hell the next day

J u s t i n
driveaccord

Reputation Power: 3
driveaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2010, 06:34:32 PM »

i too started p90x...i am 5 days in and it will kick your ass...no joke....i love it so far all but the yoga...that shit sux.....BRING IT

07CoupeBlue

07CoupeBlue pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2010, 06:39:13 PM »

Always wondered about P90x. My friend does it and said it really works, he said he's gotten a lot stronger and bigger. Let us know your results from it

Julian
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012