Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:38:37 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Elite CM story (New members should read this)  (Read 63620 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2010, 02:48:39 PM »

Were you on before the switch? Just an FYI, don't bash. There was a thread around a while back that turned into a bash fest and quickly got removed.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2010, 04:09:55 PM »

i never really like gen7accord lol

It was good back in the day when I first became a moderator over there.  The real problem is that Art is just lazy and didn't really put much effort into it.  I believe that he changed the format to what it is today because there is less maintenance.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
(K)
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
(K) pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2010, 06:36:06 PM »

That's some good history.

I, for one, have gone through a few layout changes in my "forum career" as well. Most of the time it's acceptable but when it's something radical it really confuses the members and even detracts from the content of the site. Some people might say "it's the same content just a different layout", but in reality if you aren't comfortable with it then you won't contribute like you used to.

2005 6-6 coupe. It's comfy.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2012, 01:39:09 AM »

I just wanted to bump this thread.  As some of you guys may know, a little over a month ago Art was going to shut down gen7accord.net.  I offered to take over the domain and responsibilities.  After the switch over, traffic on gen7accord.net had dwindled down to people barely posting.  I decided to take the confusing ning format down, and have a redirect page for gen7accord.net bring people to EliteCM.net with an explanation about what happened and an invitation to join here.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2012, 03:13:15 AM »

Die Ning Flippa! Flippa!

good stuff Tim

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2012, 07:37:07 AM »

I saw that ban bot on the site and was curious about it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
ikethegreat

ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2012, 07:57:59 AM »

What happened to quality over quantity?   Sad
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 08:27:25 AM »

Guaranteed a lot if those people won't post anything worth while in here.  But that's just my 2 cents.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2012, 08:58:23 AM »

That's what we're here for.

HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2012, 12:05:09 PM »

Good stuff Tim!  If the posting has been significantly reduced on gen7accord, the traffic redirected to ECM shouldn't be tremendous (in a good way Smiley)... As Ike commented on and Z responded to, ECM will still retain more of quality than quantity, IMO.

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2012, 12:56:02 PM »

What happened to quality over quantity?   Sad
Guaranteed a lot if those people won't post anything worth while in here.  But that's just my 2 cents.
Guys, the purpose of this forum is to provide an environment that is both welcoming and nonjudgmental.  We have become a tight-knit group of folks that share the same interest, and sometimes our posts may portray judgement.  We may tease each other and post jokes, but I think that is more of a statement of how close we have become.  BUT please, please do not misconstrue this as free reign to talk down about others.

We are not here to judge; we are here to educate.  The forum was started with the idea of having an environment that people can feel comfortable during their visit and to learn something.  We want to educate people when they have questions; and to provide advice that is both proper and safe.

And why does it have to be quality over quantity or vice versa?  Why can't we have both quantity and quality?  We strive to break the boundaries, so why set a limit on ourselves?  

If we can gain members that feel this site can be a place to learn without fear of asking stupid questions, we also gain members that feel comfortable enough to share their knowledge; in that case, I welcome new members.

- Mark
ikethegreat

ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2012, 02:29:44 PM »

Got mine today too.  For the record, I'd rather have quality over quantity.

Straight from the horse's mouth from the elitecm.net card thread...  I didn't just pull it out of my ass...
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »

Got mine today too.  For the record, I'd rather have quality over quantity.

Straight from the horse's mouth from the elitecm.net card thread...  I didn't just pull it out of my ass...
I know you didn't, but I've always taken that to mean quality information over quantity of repeated threads; which is why we have so many, "Official [Topic] Thread" threads.  

We always strive to provide accurate and safe information.  If that means we have to grow in member size in order for people to learn from our plethora of technical information, then cool.  We have a lot of info here, but we could always use more; so if some of the new members can contribute, then that's awesome.  

All I'm saying is let's not generalize about our potential new members; let's give them a chance before we automatically assume that they don't know anything.  Given how we operate, natural forum attrition will keep the people that want to learn and want to contribute vs. the people that are following fads.  At least, that's what I would like to see as our forum grows.  I'm not saying that we should turn out like V6P; but I believe that we can grow in size without losing our forum character.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 04:54:37 PM by alpha » Logged

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »

Agreed. I have seen some pretty good stuff in the currently deceased g7aspace but I've also seen some pure shit. That's the case with any forum. Like we have always done, we'll help steer a thread in the right direction if it goes astray as well as direct previously asked questions to the appropriate area. Who knows, there may be something we haven't already seen or heard done before and that comes with new minds being added to the mix.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2012, 08:56:28 PM »

More members will be a good thing maybe someone already here will see a new mod they like... The more ideas flowing the better.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012