Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:57:53 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skizot's Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 17001 times)
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2009, 10:29:45 PM »

Wow, I have my own thread. Whoever put all these random things together, thanks =)

So now that I have my new member of my family (06 Porsche 911 Carrera S) I have been working on selling some of the mods I have done on the Accord to raise some cash to do some things I want to do to the Porsche. After spending a week with the Porsche, I have come to realize that I am very glad I decided to keep the Accord too. The whole plan was for the Accord to become a daily driver and there is no way I would drive the Porsche daily. It is so low to the ground, I just can't imagine how destroyed the car would get from daily driving. Just getting it out of the driveway is a chore. Don't get me wrong, I am certainly not complaining. I love it. It is fast, very fast and the suspension and handling is just outstanding. I have never enjoyed a car as much as this.

That leaves me to what to keep and what to get rid of on the Accord. Ultimately, I love how it looks and sits, so the wheels, suspension, rotors, brakes, intake, exhaust and of course all the engine detailing stays. That means that there is not much to get rid of, which is good news. I am selling the carputer and the PLX ODB gauge. Outside of that, everything else stays as is for now. I still love my Accord. I did not want it to feel neglected, so I detailed the crap out of it today. Washed, waxed, vacuumed, etc.

That being said, when I had my Altima, I was a big member of an Altima forum. When it went away, I went away from the forum after a period of time. Now that I have the Porsche, I have found some great online forums as well, but I am planning on staying with ONE Accord forum and that is here. I might check out V6P from time to time, but other then that, you guys are like family and enjoy talking with you guys. So I might come on here from time to time and talk about the Honda, but also talk about the Porsche. Hope you guys won't mind.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 11:55:46 PM by skizot » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 10:37:46 PM »

Nice Scott.  I'm glad you're keeping the stance and sound of your car.  I'll make sure to give you a kick in the pants if you disappear from here.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 10:45:15 PM »

good to know your staying. you should post pics of that clean Porsche engine bay if you haven't yet.
skizot

skizot pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 11:07:13 PM »

Quote from: "Ryann84425"
good to know your staying. you should post pics of that clean Porsche engine bay if you haven't yet.

Friday night I will post up some pics. The engine bay has only been lightly detailed at this point. I have been so busy getting the outside and inside done, the engine will be last and the hardest to clean. It is so freaking tight and hard to get into.
driveaccord

Reputation Power: 3
driveaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 09:39:52 AM »

glad to see your going to stick around the forum...i would baby that porsche so much...it looks like your gonna do it right by starting out with the car cover and garage...i hate to see people not take care of such a beautiful car

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 10:37:22 AM »

I'm happy to see your staying around!!! What kind of Rims are on your car I always wonder?
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 11:08:13 AM »

u win the award for cleanest 7th gen engine bay

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
K24power07

Reputation Power: 3
K24power07 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 08:51:22 PM »

sweet looking porsche.....

\_(Azn)_/
  United we Stand, Divided we Fall !!!!
       http]
skizot

skizot pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 09:11:08 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
I'm happy to see your staying around!!! What kind of Rims are on your car I always wonder?

19" Axis Shine 19x8.5 +45 offset
skizot

skizot pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 09:08:36 PM »

So with the new 911 in the stable, I am still getting used to driving a car that sits so low. The front is almost as low as Neel's ride, so I can't imagine how beat up underneath his lip must be. Anyway. I came up with a ghetto fabulous way to avoid scratching up the lip on a daily basis. I purchase a 2" wide roll of extra thick, black electrical tape. All weather version. It is easy to contour the tape to the shape of the underside of the lip. With the car being that midnight blue color, even during the daytime, you cannot see the tape and when I am going over bumps and whatnot, it is better the scrap up the tape, then the paint. All I have to do, is spend five minutes to peel off the old tape and put on the new. If you are asking how well it holds up, well so far, so good. It has only been a few days and the sticky left over cleans up easily.

Try Win, Lose Lean is motto we use at work. Try something new, if it works, awesome, if it does not, you learn from it and move on. There is an old saying about how it took Thomas Edison more then 2,000 tries to make a lightbulb. Someone asked him at one point, how frustrating it must have been to fail 2,000 times before he made a working version, to which he replied it was actually a good thing, because he learned 2,000 ways not to make a lightbulb. Perspective is a gift.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 09:11:08 PM »

thats an awesome motto
skizot

skizot pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 09:32:44 PM »

Yes, another post about the Carrera. So tonight in my never ending pursuit of no dust or dirt, I was cleaning underneath the dash and found a coiled up wire that had an accessory end on it (cigarette lighter connector) and the coiled cable goes into the firewall about the middle of the dash and does not come out anywhere else. I have no idea what it is and definitely not something from the factory. I cannot pull it out and it is stuck in there, but a pretty long cable. I am thinking it might be an old radar detector power cable, but it was wired into the dash or something.

So for now, I have this mystery on my hands, as I have no ideas wtf it is. I am taking the car to the dealership on Tuesday for some warranty work, I will ask them then.
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 09:43:56 AM »

that’s a very good and safe assumption.

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 09:57:22 AM »

plug something in and see if it powers on...

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
skizot

skizot pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2009, 11:29:07 PM »

I tried that, nothing. I am thinking it is the previous owners radar detector power cable, who the hell knows.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012