Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:59:36 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tim, you were right.....I was able to get the details worked  (Read 11284 times)
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 05:55:54 AM »

Quote from: "Theskip"
I saw Scott's new car today and I'll give you my impressions:

So I was sitting around today feeling somewhat out of it due to the semi-rough night I had last night.  I was studying for the Analytical Chemistry test I have on Monday morning and I get a phone call from Scott.  He asks if I'm home and if I will be in the area because he was running errands and wanted to show me the new toy.  I said that I was home and that I would be outside shortly.

I stepped outside of my apartment and admired the fauna at the pool...it always has to be gorgeous on a day that I need to stay inside and study...I see Scott come down the hill next to my building and he parks in an open space.

In usual Scott fashion, the car is immaculate in ways only describable by the technicians that see the vehicles run off the assembly line.  No doubt the car has been garage kept since 2006, but even if it weren't, it would still look the way it did today because Scott is a detailing fanatic.  I knew he had spent all morning detailing it even before he told me so..

I won't go into detail about how the car looked because honestly if you can imagine what one of these hotcakes looks like in the showroom, that's basically the condition this car was in.

I saw the engine bay and to my disappointment and utter amazement, there were no bolt caps to be seen...I figured he had just spent the morning detailing and hasn't gotten around to installing those yet.  He was right....that little engine bay doesn't afford much space for human hands to work in...

The interior was beautiful and I noticed some spare change in the driver's rear footwell.  I laughed and accused Scott of horseplay, saying that he'd had so much fun on the way over that his change exited his pockets (as it happens with me on occasion).  He preceded to ruin the moment and tell me about how it's a tradition or good luck to throw change into a new car....way to go, Scott...

He asked if I'd like to go for a ride, and naturally I agreed.  He was like a kid in a candy store talking about how it had been only the 2nd time he had driven the car since picking it up on Thursday.  He showed me the electronic suspension dampening system, which was cool, and he demonstrated why people who drive those cars get pulled over...at 75mph the car felt like it was doing 50... I was like....so are we out of 2nd gear yet?Huh?

After a short drive and a cervical realignment, Scott dropped me off at home a bit more awake than when he had arrived.

I am very happy for Scott since he's a genuine person and deserves this treat.  One day I hope to be in his shoes because....I want my supercharged '98 NSX...

Congratulations, my friend!

You should be a writer. Awesome!
driveaccord

Reputation Power: 3
driveaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 11:03:34 AM »

i can't wait until it's my turn for a ride in the porshaaaaaaaa

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 11:09:23 AM »

I'll admit that this couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.  Scott, I may be jealous, but you definitely deserve such a nice ride.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012