Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:30:29 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pulley kits?  (Read 34792 times)
stirfriedferret

Reputation Power: 2
stirfriedferret pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2010, 11:40:04 AM »

Chiming in here.  I have the Ralco RZ pulleys.  I can tell you first hand, that there is a 'power gain' that you can feel mid range; mostly between 2-4k rpm.  Might be different for others (I have AT).  The gain is very noticeable even with the butt dyno.  I hesitate to say that you made power.  It's more like freeing up lost power.  The other thing to think about is that since this replaces the crank pulley (which is our harmonic dampener), your idle 'may' be a little bit more rough/bouncy.  Mine was already rough for some reason, but this just seemed to amplify it.  I had an issue with my Ralco RZ crank pulley.  Not sure if other people had it, but the inside of the pulley was rubbing up against the block (which actually shaved off some of the material).  The shop threw the crank pulley on a lathe and cut off some of the material and it ended up to be a good fit.  My thought was maybe that my crank pulley was not actually made for my accord (even though it fit perfectly).  Pictures of this at the bottom.  But overall, I highly recommend this mod for those out there questioning it.  It may not be worth the full retail price, but since I got it for cheap, it's definitely worth it. 

The pieces of metal from my block.  Could've taken the front main seal along with it too.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's my review of my Ralco RZ under drive pulleys.

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2010, 12:40:14 PM »

Damn, makes me wonder if that's happening to my car...

Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 05:56:49 PM »

im nervous to use a lightweight crank pulley along with my 11.5lbs flywheel...can anyone comment on that
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2012, 09:08:28 AM »

im using the ur underdrive pulleys with a rsx type s flywheel, no issues.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2012, 09:42:38 AM »

I had a UR on my AV6 and took it off because I thought it was causing a vibration... Ended bein the axle, but I had already sold it.  I miss it, it just seemed to run thru the gears smoother and rev slightly faster.  (mine was stock dia.)

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2012, 10:15:31 AM »

I had the UR pulleys with the 14 lb RSX Type S flywheel, and had no issues. I have heard stories that since aftermarket pulleys don't have a damper, it will increase crank vibrations and affect your bearings. I'm not sure how true that is, but it is a concern among engine builders.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2012, 11:46:38 PM »

Yeaa I'm on the fence about this one I don't wanna have to worry, I've got the act 11.5lbs flywheel
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2012, 12:26:26 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that.  I'm assuming you have an ACT clutch too?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2012, 12:03:19 PM »

Idk why your sorry lol I love it...n no I've got an Exedy stage 1 organic clutch
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2012, 12:18:44 PM »

He doesn't care for ACT.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2012, 01:31:33 PM »

Aaaahhh I see...well it's all good everyone has their preferences
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2012, 10:43:11 PM »

Actually, a lot of K Series guys avoid ACT since their products are known to fail and cause problems.  I had an ACT heavy duty pressure plate with full faced organic clutch, and it destroyed 2 OEM master cylinders, 4 aftermarket master cylinders, 3 Omni Power master cylinders, and 4 or 5 clutch pedal assemblies.  There's also another guy out here that has an Accord with an ACT extreme pressure plate with a 6 puck clutch and he's chewing through master cylinders like it's going out of style.  No thanks on the ACT stuff.  There are better products out there.  I've had much better luck with my Competition Clutch.

Tim
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2012, 06:44:31 PM »

Alrighttt then haha I didn't know about all that but all I have of theirs is the flywheel so hopefully I won't run into those problems
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2012, 11:56:48 PM »

I hope not man.  I'll never spend another dime on anything ACT makes.

Tim
fatbastard

Reputation Power: 7
fatbastard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2013, 09:41:48 AM »

im looking at the Ralco RZ 914117 lightweight stock diameter pulleys for my 5AT. anyone who has violent reactions or horror stories please chime in now....  :Smiley

-- Charles --

2005 Honda Accord 2.4L sedan
2011 Subaru STi sedan
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012