Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:48:39 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EX V6 Auto Tranny Issue?  (Read 13701 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2009, 10:10:59 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
That is the ultimate plan, 6 speed followed by, well he'll proabably be up to the J53 by the time I have the money the way Paul innovates who knows.

Wouldn't surprise me if he did get to J53.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
wai_pang2

Reputation Power: 1
wai_pang2 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 10:21:55 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Quote from: "wai_pang2"
Well anyway since it's back from the dead. How is your new tranny working for you? I do not know what your intentions are with this car but did you consider this? http://www.importperformancetrans.com/hondaauto.shtml

For the cost of the performance trans, it'd make more sense to go with a 6 speed swap, or a new car altogether. $3500 is a bit steep if you ask me. Also, I don't think they correct the issues the autos have. I could be wrong though.

I don't know how much that swap is going for but I would imagine that its close to $1200 for just the transmission. Maybe cheaper if he bought all the swap parts from the same place.

Well boy here is the update. The rebuild is going to be in the neighborhood of $3600. $1600 of this is going to come out of my pocket. Aftermarket warranties suck!!!! The warranty company would only pay for a junk yard transmission to be swapped in, so I decided to take on the extra cost and have the current one re built, I just took into consideration if i'm going to keep the car, I may as well do it the right way or I will just end up doing it again.

Well yeah, I know that is a stiff price to pay But for $3600, 1600 he pulled out of pocket, I think he should have gone the performance auto trans route but that's just me. I'm sure you were shaking your head when you read that I did a 5mt to 5at. That's just me and I was not going to trade it in for an auto just to save on the aggravation of the swap.

I just read it through and I didn't understand what I wrote.

J53? Honda doesn't have that big of an engine.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:38:37 PM by CrackerTeg » Logged
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2009, 10:36:19 PM »

Quote from: "wai_pang2"
J53? Honda doesn't have that big of an engine.

Read Mike's post thoroughly. Then re-read it.

That is the ultimate plan, 6 speed followed by, well he'll proabably be up to the J53 by the time I have the money the way Paul innovates who knows.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2009, 10:40:05 PM »

I needed my car back asap when I had this done or I would have had the 6 speed done. Never mind that fact that the warranty company wouldn't have paid a bit of the cost of the performance transmission or the swap to 6 speed. I think that I should be all set for a bit now, and if I end up modding the car past bolt on's the tranny will be the first thing to get done.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012