Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:30:34 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EX V6 Auto Tranny Issue?  (Read 13702 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 22, 2009, 02:56:23 PM »

I'm not sure if this is an issue or not as the simptoms don't really fall in line with what i've heard about failing transmissions. It seems like when the car shifts from first to second under more the half throttle it shifts rough. It feels almost like when you shift a manual, and let off the clutch super fast after the shift, like its trying to spin the tires. There is no slipping at all in fact if anything its the total oppsite. Any ideas?
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 03:25:36 PM »

When was the last time you changed your tranny fluid???

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 06:25:42 PM »

5 or 6 weeks ago but, the used car dealer I bought the car from did it, could this be caused by them not using the honda fluid?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 07:27:19 PM »

That, or not doing it properly.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »

I'm going to have it changed at a dealer tomorrow. If that doesn't fix it it's getting traded in for a v6 6 speed.
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 07:32:00 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
5 or 6 weeks ago but, the used car dealer I bought the car from did it, could this be caused by them not using the honda fluid?

I seriously doubt they used Honda ZF-1 (Honda's ATF) and yes there is a BIG difference between it and Dextron ATF which is more common, the Honda ATF has a high silicone content and dextron is NOT compatible with it and the seals in the tranny will be destroyed by it causing rough/late shifting. So I would go to that used car dealer and ask them to produce the recipt where they purchased to correct fluid, if they can not, they owe you a transmission......

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 07:40:59 PM »

Do you think it is definatly gone our could having it changed save it. It's only been maybe 2k miles and I doubt it's even that? The car is under warranty for 2 more years but, I really don't want to deal with it.
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 08:19:17 PM »

The Dextron is now mixed with the fluid, a change only dumps about 3 qts out, there is almost 6qts in there in total, have them change it at least twice then add a bottle of lube gaurd in, it is a friction modifier that will help convert the rest of the Dextron to something close to ZF1.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 08:21:42 PM »

Is this lube gaurd available to the consumer I really don't feel like paying the dealer 300 to change the fluid 3 times. If this needs to be done i'll buy the fluid and do it my self.
lilmalu

Reputation Power: 2
lilmalu pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 08:22:36 PM »

shoot i had a similar problem also....i thought it was the cold weather....

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2009, 08:30:43 PM »

Yeah this is absolute horriable news. I'm going to have the dealrs "Transmission service" done, and see if I can get my hands on some of this lube guard.
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 09:38:38 PM »

Napa normally has it. But here is a online source. You want the stuff in the black bottle. Also do not let them flush the tranny, that will only make things worse, just have the fluid changed, then add the reccomended amount for 4 qts, this is not the best solution, but is more cost effective than rebuilding the trans.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KKTTU/?ta ... phyqqg50_b

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 08:58:42 AM »

Update:  Lost third gear this morning. I will be calling the warranty company today to confirm where I can bring the car. My plan is to bring it to my local dealer. If the warranty company does not allow this than I will make sure who ever rebuilds the tranny uses the proper Honda fluid.
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 09:11:02 AM »

Sorry this had to happen to you, but it proves that you an only use Honda ATF in these trannies, I would personally goto the place that changed your fluid a serve them with a bill for your time, rental car, towing and anything the warrenty does not cover for thier incompitence.....

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 09:25:09 AM »

That is my plan i'm going to try and get the dealer I bought it from to admit sending me there via email also. That way I can go back after them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012