Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:13:09 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EX V6 Auto Tranny Issue?  (Read 13700 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 02:38:21 PM »

Sorry to hear about the issues Mike.  Hopefully you can either get this taken care of soon or use it to get yourself in a V6 6MT.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 03:18:20 PM »

Ill get this fixed first and then start the hunt. I bought the extended warranty fearing exactly this issue.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 10:05:42 PM »

The car is currently at a local transmission shop. Turns out the 3rd gear clutch pack is damaged, and as Paul said the transmission is in need of a rebuilt. Majestic Honda actually told me that they are 95 percent certain that the proper fluid was used in the transmission, and it just failed.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 07:34:55 AM »

Well boy here is the update. The rebuild is going to be in the neighborhood of $3600. $1600 of this is going to come out of my pocket. Aftermarket warranties suck!!!! The warranty company would only pay for a junk yard transmission to be swapped in, so I decided to take on the extra cost and have the current one re built, I just took into consideration if i'm going to keep the car, I may as well do it the right way or I will just end up doing it again.
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 04:06:35 PM »

damn, what a weak ass warranty..  sorry this happened to you bro.  lets hope they rebuild it so it'll last forever this time..

-brian
wai_pang2

Reputation Power: 1
wai_pang2 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 02:39:11 PM »

sorry to hear Your problem.
How many miles was on the tranny? Sounds like a perfect time to swap to a 6 MT.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 02:46:10 PM »

Holy 114 day old topic batman. There were about 70k miles, and if you read through the entire thread you will see that the auto tranny was rebuilt.
wai_pang2

wai_pang2 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 03:08:18 PM »

oh, I missed the fact that this was j series discussion and the date and it was that old. thanks for pointing that out. I was wondering why it was in the K series forum but I guess I was in the wrong forum.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 03:34:53 PM »

It's all good man...
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 06:14:38 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Holy 114 day old topic batman.

You can't front, it was a good read.  :lol:

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
wai_pang2

wai_pang2 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 09:41:32 PM »

Well anyway since it's back from the dead. How is your new tranny working for you? I do not know what your intentions are with this car but did you consider this? http://www.importperformancetrans.com/hondaauto.shtml
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 09:47:32 PM »

Quote from: "wai_pang2"
Well anyway since it's back from the dead. How is your new tranny working for you? I do not know what your intentions are with this car but did you consider this? http://www.importperformancetrans.com/hondaauto.shtml

For the cost of the performance trans, it'd make more sense to go with a 6 speed swap, or a new car altogether. $3500 is a bit steep if you ask me. Also, I don't think they correct the issues the autos have. I could be wrong though.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2009, 09:56:55 PM »

My car has been very good since the rebuild. The long term goal is to have Paul do a six speed swap for me. It may be a few years down the road though as right now i'm in the process of looking to buy a house
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2009, 10:04:17 PM »

I've gotta say +1 to that.  In the end, you'll still have an AT after you blew $3500 plus labor.  You could do an AT to 6MT swap (with an LSD) for the same amount if not less money than that AT.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2009, 10:08:20 PM »

That is the ultimate plan, 6 speed followed by, well he'll proabably be up to the J53 by the time I have the money the way Paul innovates who knows.
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012